need help guys - Ford Powerstroke Diesel Forum
Powerstroke.org is the premier Diesel Truck Forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 01-26-2009, 09:11 AM
Compression Ignition Addict

Feedback Score: 0 reviews
need help guys

alright heres the scoop guys. i just got back from a deployment and i left my truck in snow hill MD. before i parked it, it was throwing a p1211 code and i had the codes pulled and cleared twice. then the code seemed to go away. Then the truck would act VERY VERY strange under a load. If you got on it, it would loose power, you couldnt get the truck to go more then 2k on the rpms, even down shifting. The truck would just fall on its face and run horible. I would pull over, shut the truck off, and then turn it back on and it would run fine. so i had to do that three times on the way up to MD, and i finnaly got it home. Now if you drive normal, the truck ran great. Now ive changed the cps, two fuel filters, run lucas in every tank, change the oil, all the basic stuff.

So then i just got back to my house last weekend and me and my buddy figured we would change the IPR beacuase maybe thats why the truck ran like crap before. Well i also scored a 17* HPOP and a new ipr for a good price so i figured id change them both to have the truck ready for down the road. so we slave drove all night last saturday and we change the HPOP, the IPR, and install an autometer electric fuel pressure guage. well everything didnt work. As soon as everythings put back together and we fire it up, we hear the ebpv close and its never done that before. So we said man the motor must be cold so we let it run for 15 min. well we noticed the fuel pressure guage was at 20 psi, but was stuck there. so we took it for a spin and the valve kept on sticking and now the fuel pressure guage dropped to 0 and will not move. So we un hooked the valve electricly and then moved the down pipe, made sure it was open, and even safty wired the lever on bottom to the engine hoist mount so it COULD NOT move at all.

So now the problem is, my egts are high. Ill cruise at 60mph and fight to keep them below 1100ish* and even at idle its at 400ish*. now before i changed the HPOP and IPR it would be at 500ish* at 60mph and idle at 250ish*. I HAVE NO CLUE WHAT IS HAPPENING. im going to try to get it scanned today, but there arent any good shops around here. I really need some help guys, im debating on putting the old 15* back in with the new IPR and see if it runs better. but i dont know why the HPOP would effect the egts. and thats a few hours of work for me and if it doesnt do anything ill be pissed. The truck is NOT chipped, and has stock injectors, and the onlything done to it is guages, intake, and exaust. Can somebody please lead me in some sort of direction before i go do another 5hrs of work that may be for nothing. I have to drive the truck with a trailer and a car on it back down to nc on the 1st. so im willing to drive somewhere if someone can help me. thanks guys and hopefully i can figure something out
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 01-26-2009, 09:31 AM
ADMIN AND TECH

i know we have discussed by pm this situation, if you dont get this resolved id be glad to look at it when you come down
Old 01-26-2009, 05:35 PM

any guys in MD?????????
Old 03-22-2009, 04:40 PM

Did you get the problem fixed??
Old 03-22-2009, 05:45 PM

yeah got everything worked out. truck is running like a top with a new fuel pump and new EGT gauge.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Ford Powerstroke Diesel Forum forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.
Email Address:

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.