*#*#*# Need to decide on chapter name and logo, like now... *#*#*# - Ford Powerstroke Diesel Forum
Powerstroke.org is the premier Diesel Truck Forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.
Closed Thread

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 08-27-2013, 12:12 PM
Compression Ignition Addict

Feedback Score: 9 reviews
*#*#*# Need to decide on chapter name and logo, like now... *#*#*#

To get this going were going to need to get a new slogan/chapter name and vote on it... I guess the only way to get this going is to just post up something if you have any idea... Once we have this going we can then proceed to get the chapter validated etc. We only need to have 5 members to start, and we have that. So as I said next step is the logo and the name..

I like the one I made at first for the logo ( I like the Natty Boh with the turbo outlet just because its a neat spin on an old time icon for Maryland. Who doesnt know what or who Mr.Boh is... )

Or these ( two different crabs and turbos. ) And no were not going to get sued for using the Orioles bird or the Boh face.. Were not making money or selling them, and honestly if they are going to pursue an internet club lol... yeah

And for the names:

Charm City Powerstrokes
Chesapeake Powerstrokes
Maryland Powerstrokes
Old-Line state Powerstrokes
Quick reply to this message
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 08-27-2013, 01:02 PM
Super Moderator

Feedback Score: 3 reviews
Quote:
Originally Posted by MrOneEyedBoh View Post
To get this going were going to need to get a new slogan/chapter name and vote on it... I guess the only way to get this going is to just post up something if you have any idea... Once we have this going we can then proceed to get the chapter validated etc. We only need to have 5 members to start, and we have that. So as I said next step is the logo and the name..

I like the one I made at first for the logo ( I like the Natty Boh with the turbo outlet just because its a neat spin on an old time icon for Maryland. Who doesnt know what or who Mr.Boh is... ) People not familiar with the area. Do you know what a Linie is?

Or these ( two different crabs and turbos. ) And no were not going to get sued for using the Orioles bird or the Boh face.. Were not making money or selling them, and honestly if they are going to pursue an internet club lol... yeah

And for the names:

Charm City Powerstrokes
Chesapeake Powerstrokes
Maryland Powerstrokes
Old-Line state Powerstrokes
I have to say Charm City is too Baltimore specific. Chesapeake Powerstrokers is a possibility. And I think it should be strokers and not strokes. I like the last logo best of the 3. I'd also like to see some other suggestions but could live with the above.
Old 08-27-2013, 01:03 PM

Yeah other suggestions are good, hence the thread. You want just Strokers or Powerstrokers? Kinda sounds ehh.. well haha
Old 08-27-2013, 02:01 PM

Feedback Score: 0 reviews
Chesapeake Strokers would be alright. Can't hang with the proposed logos...not from MD, just a transplant, so go CARDS!
Old 08-27-2013, 02:22 PM

Yeah those were from a bit back.. Im working on other ideas.. More generalized.
Old 08-27-2013, 02:25 PM

Maryland Powerstroke or Chesapeake Powerstroke sounds good to me. Strokers sounds REAL cute, if you follow.....

As for logo's, we already had a thread with votes. I don't like the last 2 because of how cluttered they seem. The first one is nice, although we already discussed it no longer being brewed in MD! haha

Anyway, the winner from the last thread is below if people are still interested in it

and here's a few more

Obviously, chapter name and powerstroke.org would have to be added to the one chosen
Old 08-27-2013, 03:18 PM

I think a crab/turbo hybrid doesnt work. The shell isnt remotely close to a turbine housing. The boh head is, hence me doing it. ANd sure it isnt brewed here but its EVERYWHERE in MD, its been an icon and still is... The stickers wouldn't be too cluttered. I have them printed out already. well not those last two, but the other ones and the size and all wouldnt be too cluttered. I dont like them that much though neither. I was just posting up other logos for ideas mainly.

I was just messing around here: click to make it bigger.

This would be just the base of the logo.

We could most likely get the last one die cut ( cut around the crab ) and have the font around it die cut as well. So there would be no background.. might look decent.

Where you see the chckered background that will be the window, aka no background. You will have just the crab and words

Last edited by MrOneEyedBoh; 08-27-2013 at 03:30 PM.
Old 08-27-2013, 03:40 PM

What do you guys think about a crab colored the MD state flag holding up a turbo or something along those lines. I personally like Maryland powerstrokes or Chesapeake powerstrokes for the name.

Sent from AutoGuide.com Free App
Old 08-27-2013, 03:59 PM
the baconator

Feedback Score: 1 reviews
posted this in the other thread

i will add my opinions. i don;t like the natty boh logo. personal decision. i do like the sticker i see around the shore alot of a crab with the state flag pattern inside it. or the outline with the flag inside

I really like the Cascade coal rollers name and logo. maybe we should come up with a name and let it drive the logo or vice versa

no that i have said that, i will say that i am not putting in the effort here mr boh is so i will defer to him, whatever he wants

let's get this going
Old 08-27-2013, 05:30 PM

Feedback Score: 2 reviews
Im also for something with the crab, turbo , and flag. ive lived in maryland my whole life i will not put anything with boh, the bird(not a baseball fan) just my.02

was it just a loss of interest in the other thread? I like where those ideas were going.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Closed Thread

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Ford Powerstroke Diesel Forum forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.
Email Address:

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.