AUGUST 11th MEET A SUCCESS!!! - Ford Powerstroke Diesel Forum
Powerstroke.org is the premier Diesel Truck Forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.
View Poll Results: Who got burnt the worst on a day that was supposed to be overcast??? LOL
David? 0 0%
Nate's Neck? 17 89.47%
Nate's Foot? 2 10.53%
Ditty's Girls' foot? 0 0%
Steve's foot? 0 0%
Voters: 19. You may not vote on this poll

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 08-11-2007, 01:16 PM
International Threat

Feedback Score: 1 reviews
AUGUST 11th MEET A SUCCESS!!!

PLEASE BE SURE TO VOTE ON THE WORST SUN BURNT/BEST SUN BURN LOL FROM ABOVE!!!!

August 11th meet a SUCCESS!!! I counted the number of trucks there a few times and us powerstrokes tied the # of cummins guys TWICE!!! This was a rough count of course, but still it wasn't the normal cummins powerfest. With that being said, I think we had an 11 truck convoy from stock 7.3's to SCT'D 6.0's. We also had an OBS!!!! We all made it there and 3 out of those 11 trucks actually ran. The best time of the day goes to DELAWARE KING RANCH from our forum with a 14.33 run which he backed up at least TWICE. Ditty dropped almost a full second on his new clutch + nitrous, and dropped 4/10ths with just a new clutch!!! Anyways, there are MANY great stories that we're walking away with today, we almost saw history (LOL)... Eric from Innovative Diesel had his Single cab longbed there and blew a boot around the 400' mark, and still ran a 14.77 coasting to the finish line LOL!!!! Hopefully he'll post up his experience about the day here because it was quite eventful! Delaware King Ranch (Eric)'s dad ran as well, and ran in the 15's but I can't recall the exact #'s. It was soo cool fella's! Smoke screen on the way to the track, the "where did marty go with my truck" and the 2nd gear drop at the line, the "sir this fell off your truck", "uh, what's that" lol... anyways.. I'll post my pictures and egg Eric to post his that I took for him since he was racing and give all you others a chance to post up their experience, which for some was their first time so I'll let them talk about it.

Sunburn Contestants!!!!
Dave's Arm?

Nate's Neck?

Nate's Foot?

Ditty's Girls' foot?

Steve's Leg?

Here they are...
That would be 10-12 trucks in a row enroute to the track, we SWARMED it b/c there weren't a whole lot of people there and we all just showed up at once LOL!!!!!!

Last edited by Marty; 08-11-2007 at 01:21 PM.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 08-11-2007, 01:20 PM
Banned

Feedback Score: 0 reviews
Send a message via ICQ to Lord Tauk Send a message via AIM to Lord Tauk
WOOO!!!!!!!!
Old 08-11-2007, 01:25 PM
<--Pro Cooler Racer

Send a message via Skype™ to DKR
OK..here's my pics...vids up later tonight...

I had a blast, shaved over a second of my first run to my best time of the day (maybe I should've did the Gambler Race) with thanks to Eric at Innovative Diesel...my father-in-law had a good time, we will probably see him around the ORG soon enough...great to put faces to names FINALLY! And Marty was right...the line rolling in of 10+ Strokes I think kinda floored 'em...everyone else staggered in...we opened the day, and thanks to Ditty closed the day with him doing the last run! (I think the cowboy hat helps!) Oh, and Nate's neck got BURNT!!

Last edited by DKR; 08-11-2007 at 01:28 PM.
Old 08-11-2007, 01:27 PM
International Threat

We met quite a few other people from other forums (including powerstroke and cummins) too. Regarding powerstrokes we met 389sixpack, madd matt, bogger, and another guy named steve that I don't know his online handle were also in attendence. These guys were very knowledgeable and the 2 forum members came together and shared a great deal of knowledge, especially Matt who is in the process of rebuilding his motor right now. Bogger had recently installed a TN turbo and installed the 6.0 spearco I/C @ THE track lol. Some were from NJ and the others were from VA... they all drove almost 2 hours to attend this event! Ok, enough from me for now... lol I'll let the other fella's chime in!!!!
Old 08-11-2007, 01:31 PM
International Threat

As you can see from the above pictures we staked our claim early on, right at 8:10 am, and the line of strokers grew from our 12 trucks or so to around 30 from people from other forums, to just other locals that don't get on the internet!!!

How about them 8 point turns we all had to make on thedore road b/c they only had one entrance LOL!!!!!
Old 08-11-2007, 01:43 PM
im fat and ugly

looks like a good time
Old 08-11-2007, 02:28 PM
Banned

Yeah, the 8 point turnarounds were fun. I couldn't figure out why you were pointing until I saw the other entrance was closed.

Good news is everyone who raced didn't have any problems, except whatever that round piece was that may or may not have fell of BRISO on Ditty's second to last run. lol

I had a real good time and enjoyed meeting everyone.
Old 08-11-2007, 04:21 PM
Let's go B's!!!!

Feedback Score: 5 reviews
I'm jealous, looks like you all had a good time.:beer2:
I'll be there next time!

later
chris
Old 08-11-2007, 04:22 PM
Powerstroke.org Sponsor

I had a great time hanging out with everyone today.

The race truck blew the turbo boot twice, before the 1/8 mile. The 2nd time it blew a hole in it. My buddy Jim drove up to Ramsey Ford and grabbed two new silicon adapters. They are the revised version, much tougher than the original. The last pass of the day made it past the 1/8, but I accidentally shorted the alternator out with the intercooler pipe and the truck wouldn't run right. It pulled a 1.76 60' and 7.8 in the 1/8th mile shifting crappy and low fuel pressure due to the bad alternator. Maybe we'll get a full pass next time out.

We ran the 08 6.4L and could only muster a 15.0, it went in to regen at the starting line. Not too bad for a truck in regen. I hadn't seen a regen in over a week, so I new it was due. I can't wait to get the DPF off for the next pass at the track.

Again, I had a great time and it was real nice seeing everyone out.

Eric
Old 08-11-2007, 04:24 PM
Banned

That's a sweet race truck you got there Eric!
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Ford Powerstroke Diesel Forum forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.
Email Address:

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.