Ford Powerstroke Diesel Forum banner

Friday March 16th Track

3K views 41 replies 7 participants last post by  Marty 
#1 ·
I'm going to watch, not race. At least 6 other people that I know of from this forum are going. Dockboy (11 second 7.3L) should be there with his rebuilt motor, and will be his first passes on it(should be interesting!). I believe there is a slight possibility that he might go the 17th, but I think he's going the 16th... I'll confirm and update later.

Please check in here, and advise what your plans are.
Racing, not racing, time of arrival, place you will meet, if you'll be in your PS and if you want pics/video's or to meet up b4 the race etc... you might also want to post your phone # incase anything happens (very handy last weekend ;)) LOL! DITTY

I'll be home after 12pm on Friday, getting ready for this event. I have to get my camera's and laptop ready and I also plan to clean my truck. If anybody wants to come by b4 the races and wash their truck or just hang out before we go you can come over to my house. My phone # is 443 553 9234 for directions.

I plan to meet everybody at 5pm at Flying J and move on down to the track by about about 5:30. Anybody that is going that would like to get pictures of their trucks and/or video's let me know and we can do that also. Be sure to wear your Powerstroke.org attire if you have any!

Ok guys, check in begins here! Let us know what your plans are! Matt, Ditty, Dave, Brian, Eric, Greg and anybody else!

See less See more
#2 ·
Count me in!!! I'll be at the Flying J at ABOUT 5pm. I can't make any promises due to traffic...but I'm planning on leaving at about 3pm to get there, maybe earlier! I'm going to take the toolbox and headache rack off (probably) as well as the exhaust (Muffler Back). I'm also in the works of getting some stock wheels and tires as well as a stock front bumper. (Got to loose some weight!) And maybe, just maybe, my turbo will be in!!!!

#3 ·
Count me in for sure! Marty, depending when I can get out of my in-laws shop (have to pay the Snap-on man) I might meet ya at your place...if not, I will be at the Flying J for sure at 5ish!

I want to race, probably going to leave my toolbox in cause I want to get time at "daily driving weight". But I am going to "thin out" whats in the box.:lol:

As we get closer, I'll let ya know where I'll meet ya'all!:woot

Should be an awesome night!!:thumb:

#4 · (Edited)
I should be there as a spectator, but if anything comes up I'll let you guys know.

Hey Marty, I'll shoot out of work around 3ish, ,maybe alittle earlier - go home and shower up, then book to your house? Sound good?

If this doesnt work out, I'll meet everyone up at Flying Js.

DITTY; think you'll have that exhaust piece you want made up by then?

-Dave

#5 · (Edited)
I didn't want to post a bunch of times in this thread so we can have a good guideline of who's coming and who's not so I condensed it! :chicken:

Recap:
Me @ my house before 5pm. Status - Pit - 7.3
Ditty @ Flying J at 5pm. Status - Racing - 7.3
Eric @ my house before 5pm or @ Flying J at 5pm. Status - Racing - 6.0
Dave @ my house before 5pm or @ Flying J at 5pm. Status - Pit - 7.3
Matt @ Flying J at 5pm. Status - Racing - 6.0
Brian @ Flying J at 5pm. Status - Racing - 7.3

Here are a few maps so that people may use them as reference. Use the "directions to" function at the top left to get driving direction from your location.
Map to my house
Map to Flying J
Map to drag strip
The bridge is fixed so no more detours :bluewink:

Cecil County DragStrip

#6 ·
Marty,

Put me down for the Flying J @ 5:00 with Ditty. I plan on racing at this point! I'm curious to see if this 8300 lb stock slug can break into the 17s.:eek:

I don't care about being fast as long as I'm still under warranty. Besides, I have experience being the slow ride. Back when I used to run a Mustang up there, I would always seem to get lined up with a sub 10 second car. Why can't I draw the old Honda Accord?:yikes:

#8 ·
Marty,

I didn't realize how close you are to my buddy's house! He lives over on White Pine. He also spends a lot of time at the local watering hole behind your house (Pine Grove.... I think). You don't do any crabbing there downstream from the S@$# plant do you?

#9 ·
u know ill be but running or not depends if its leaking oil..oh well screw it im running. slowly but surely.

and btw DEERE i go crabbing down stream of the $hit plant, the crabs are good ive been eatin em all my life and im still here...lol:D

#10 ·
I should have that straight pipe by then. I'll bring it if I do. To minimize working on the truck in the dark, I'm going to pull the exhaust off before I drive up except for the muffler. I'll pull the muffler when I get to the Flying J. Sounds like it's going to be one heck of a good night.

#11 ·
Oh yeah It's going to be fun!! Mentioned this to my father-in-law..dunno if he'll come yet...trying to talk him into running, '01 250 7.3 w/ ram air/intake, chipped, dual exhaust, and propane. Except he hasn't had the propane filled in awhile though.

#12 ·
tell him to knock the dust off that propane bottle..LOL

#14 ·
Not yet...just gotta be awake to drive deliveries for the in-laws the next morning! (Plus my boss's (at my real day job) sister is to be in town the next day and the boss wants me to take her for a ride in my rig now the SCT is in:D)

#18 ·
Well.. I dont know about you guys, but I wont be eating dinner before I go up there, and if anyone has tried Cecils food, I dont think that'll cut it for me for a meal asside from just being a decent quick bite to eat. Not trying to be too picky. :D

Anyone up stopping somewhere to eat after?

#19 ·
I'll have to leave at around 9 or 9:30. I just found out that I have to work on Sat Morning at 5:30. I'll still be there to race and all, just going to have to cut my fun short.

I got that pipe!!! It was like $25 for a 36" section. I'll bring it w/ me on Friday. We'll measure the muffler when I get there to make sure the length is OK. (Should be right around 31-32")

If anyone needs my number...

(443) 370-6375

I can't wait!!! :handgrab: :handgrab: :handgrab: :handgrab: :handgrab:

#21 ·
Mine isn't a MBRP...it's some no-name aluminized I got for like $300. Fit was good though.

#22 ·
Anyone been watching the Weather Channel??? Looks like it's going to rain Thursday night and Friday Morning along with it being pretty cold Friday night. I guess we are going to play it by ear huh? I would HATE to get rained out on Friday Night. I've been looking forward to it for weeks! Lets all pray that the track is warm and dry on Friday night.

#27 ·
Unfortunately, it looks like I won't be able to make it Friday night even if the weather cooperates. I really want to meet you guys! The spring is young and hopefully there will be more opportunities.

My truck will most likely be in the shop Friday. It's going in for cold start issues and several other small warranty items. Hopefully a reflash will take care of my problems like it has for some others.

#28 ·
Well, if y'all are going to postpone for Sat, you can count me out. I have to work Saturday and I won't be off until 6pm, and on top of that, the g/f and I have St. Patrick's Day Party plans. (Marty, is it your b-day yet??? I owe you a 6-pack remember?!)

Maybe (if the weather blows) in a few more weeks.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.