Houston Dyno Day - Ford Powerstroke Diesel Forum
Lone Star Powerstrokes Texas Chapter

Powerstroke.org is the premier Diesel Truck Forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 05-21-2008, 01:55 PM
Powerstroke.org Rookie

Feedback Score: 0 reviews
Houston Dyno Day

I posted this in the rallies section thought I would throw it up here also. Would love to meet some of you lonestar truck guys!!!! See you there

Finally, after a lot of talk, I am proud to announce our first dyno day with the new dyno. As you may know, we have just recently purchased and installed a brand new Mustang AWD Dynameter, and we're ready to break it in proper.

In honor of this momentous occasion, we will be offering dyno pulls for $20. Yes, $20. This is for 3 pulls or 2 pulls and 1/4 mile simulation (that's right, on this dyno you can do a true 1/4 run simulation), no wideband. We will charge an extra $10 if your car is retarded low and we have to use special ramps, fork lifts, or any other implement of destruction to get you on the rollers. We can accomodate FWD, RWD, AWD, Diesel Trucks, etc.

We will start this at 10AM, Saturday June 7th. We will stay as late as midnight or so. If there are a ridiculous amount of cars left we will continue on Sunday if the need presents its self.

We will be grilling out, we'll probably raffle some stuff off, and we'll be kicking off our Dyno Shootout, where I'll have a special website showcasing the highest powered cars to touch the rollers. We'll also have prizes for the class winners.

We'll have 2 drums of Race Gas and 1 drum of Methanol on hand for those who want to purchase some to use on their rides.

This is a cash only event. No credit cards, No WIC, No Food stamps.

We are located at 290 and Bingle, on Burr Oak Drive, next to Mustang Cat. More info to follow, as it presents itself. Feel free to post questions, and let us know if you think you might want to come by
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 06-04-2008, 02:22 PM
Thats Mr. Oil Leak.....

Send a message via AIM to MrJohnWayne Send a message via MSN to MrJohnWayne Send a message via Yahoo to MrJohnWayne
Is anyone planning on going to this. I am....
Old 06-04-2008, 02:27 PM
Compression Ignition Addict

wow sounds like ill be planning to attend as well. the only prob is my truck is stock and the edge evo is on the way and wont be here on time!
Old 06-04-2008, 02:32 PM

Send a message via AIM to rednek01 Send a message via Yahoo to rednek01
thats right by the house I will try to be there!
Old 06-04-2008, 02:33 PM
Thats Mr. Oil Leak.....

Send a message via AIM to MrJohnWayne Send a message via MSN to MrJohnWayne Send a message via Yahoo to MrJohnWayne
I don't think i'm going to run... Supposed to be a big event so I just want to check out all the other rides..
Old 06-04-2008, 02:39 PM

Send a message via AIM to rednek01 Send a message via Yahoo to rednek01
Quote:
Originally Posted by MrJohnWayne View Post
I don't think i'm going to run... Supposed to be a big event so I just want to check out all the other rides..
I'll try to get there early but if its packed and there is a long wait I probably wont run either it'll be neat to see tho
Old 06-05-2008, 08:58 AM

Feedback Score: 1 reviews
Send a message via Yahoo to drstephennix
I may be there. Depends on whats happening that day. I would like to make it, just gotta make sure I got the time.
Old 06-07-2008, 02:04 PM
Thats Mr. Oil Leak.....

well I did go, but it really wasn't what I was expecting.. I was me and one other truck the whole time I was there, and the other truck (silverado SS) couldnt even fit on the dyno cause the wheel base was to long. Way to many tuners. 9 out of 10 cars were mitsu lancers.... Oh well. Do have to say there were a few impressive numbers from the tuners...
Old 06-08-2008, 08:45 AM
Gun Nut

Send a message via AIM to Rodslinger
Did you roll yours John?
Old 06-08-2008, 03:48 PM
Thats Mr. Oil Leak.....

Of course. I filled that shop with smoke! hahaha took about 20 minutes for it to clear....

I've been trying to check out the internet for videos... Just about everyone there was watching my truck..

and as for the numbers, they still arnt great.. best run was 380/725.. And I think my boost fooler isn't operating right. Noticed my ses light flashing on one of the runs...
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Ford Powerstroke Diesel Forum forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.
Email Address:

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.