StateWide G2G Brainstorming!!! - Ford Powerstroke Diesel Forum
Lone Star Powerstrokes Texas Chapter

Powerstroke.org is the premier Diesel Truck Forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 10-28-2011, 04:28 AM
Dont Mess With Texas!

Feedback Score: 0 reviews
StateWide G2G Brainstorming!!!

Lets get some Ideas for places and some dates thrown around, the general consenus is mid to late May. We need to try and make it in central Texas maybe North of Austin area. It would be good to have a Date and Place set in stone by early December so people can make plans and get time off of work.

My time recommendation is from the second weekend in May to the end May!
a good Lake somewhere with Cabin rentals, and RV hookups.

Let the ideas and dates fly!!!!
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 10-28-2011, 04:50 AM
Sgt n Charge

Feedback Score: 1 reviews
I really like the idea of meeting up north of Austin. But unfortunately I have a school date for a NCO school in Ft Benning, Ga starting on the 24APR for 2 months. Would be awesome to have one some time in July.
Old 10-28-2011, 05:05 AM
Unapologetically American

Feedback Score: 4 reviews
Umm, I'm looking at my map here, and north of Austin doesn't really look like 'central' Texas

Abilene looks closer to the center, and is a big'er town than the others I see . You Texans finger this out and let me know. I have family down there in CS so north of Austin wouldn't be bad, except for the drive with an infant . It's hot as hell in May isn't it?
Old 10-28-2011, 05:12 AM
Compression Ignition Addict

I know it's not up north but how about frio river, big bend, gardner state park?
Old 10-28-2011, 05:24 AM

If we're wanting to stay somewhat "central" then I'm thinking Lake Buchanan would be the best. It's the only lake I know of in that general area that has a ton of cabins, RV stalls, house rentals as well as good swim beaches (they even have a huge kids beach for the youngins), restraunts and they even have boat rentals and whatnot too.

Quote:
Lake Buchanan is located 60 miles northwest of Austin and 95 miles north of San Antonio. It is about 200 miles south of Dallas and Fort Worth and 200 miles west of Houston
Here's a website for info, link to the RV / Cabin / etc places are at the bottom. I've stayed at the Cottonwood Cove ones before and I think they have like 3 or 4 RV hookups there and a boat dock. I haven't stayed at any of the other cabins / resorts / RV places there so I can't give any recommendations on any of those personally.

Lake Buchanan Texas Visitors Guide

Then looking at the calendar, if we're wanting to stay in that May(ish) timeframe we have 2 weekends to truly consider. May 19th and 20th (Sat / Sun) and May 26th and 27th (Sat / Sun)

Last edited by Acidsniper; 10-28-2011 at 05:32 AM.
Old 10-28-2011, 05:29 AM
Dont Mess With Texas!

Thats looks like a pretty bad azz place
Old 10-28-2011, 05:35 AM

Yeah it is, the lake is huge and the fishing is pretty good too. I actually was looking at some of the other resorts. The Hiline Lake Resort actually has a ton of cabins and 50 RV hookups, a restraunt, docks and a swim beach all right on top of each other and they're wide open for reservations on the weekend of the 19th. They're booked solid on the weekend of the 26th tho. Just another option for that lake.

Lake Buchanan Texas - Hi-Line Lake Resort
Old 10-28-2011, 06:15 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by 2006PSDSD View Post
Umm, I'm looking at my map here, and north of Austin doesn't really look like 'central' Texas

Abilene looks closer to the center, and is a big'er town than the others I see . You Texans finger this out and let me know. I have family down there in CS so north of Austin wouldn't be bad, except for the drive with an infant . It's hot as hell in May isn't it?
whoop!! yes its hot here in may. its hotter than two rats have sex in a wet, wool sock.

this would be something really fun! i just do0n't know how well may is going to work for me because i will have finals in the midde of the month, a minimester right after that, and then straight into summer school. but i'll see what i can do.
Old 10-28-2011, 09:01 AM
ΜΟΛΩΝ ΛΑΒΕ

Quote:
Originally Posted by Acidsniper View Post
Yeah it is, the lake is huge and the fishing is pretty good too. I actually was looking at some of the other resorts. The Hiline Lake Resort actually has a ton of cabins and 50 RV hookups, a restraunt, docks and a swim beach all right on top of each other and they're wide open for reservations on the weekend of the 19th. They're booked solid on the weekend of the 26th tho. Just another option for that lake.

Lake Buchanan Texas - Hi-Line Lake Resort
This place looks pretty cool, well from the 2 min I got to look at it... damn work!
Old 10-28-2011, 05:18 PM

Hmmm..
Ron's place?
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Ford Powerstroke Diesel Forum forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.
Email Address:

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.