Not Realy a Kill - Ford Powerstroke Diesel Forum
Kill Stories A place to share Hot Rodding lies...er we mean stories.

Powerstroke.org is the premier Diesel Truck Forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.
Reply
 
LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
  #1  
Old 02-09-2009, 08:57 AM
Compression Ignition Addict
 

Join Date: Feb 2007
Location: Barnesville OH
Posts: 983
Thanks: 0
Thanked 0 Times in 0 Posts
Feedback Score: 0 reviews
Not Realy a Kill

i was curious if anybody one here was travelling down ST RT 7 thru Empire OH(Just south of East Liverpool OH)on Saturday evening around 10PM or so with a F-350 CC DRW(it had the 6.4 PSD)i believe it was silver..
i was headed down thru there and ended up racing this truck so i was kinda curious what all was done to it to make it run like that..i only got like 5-6 truck lenghts on him..
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Sponsored Links
Advertisement
 
  #2  
Old 02-09-2009, 09:15 AM
Let's Run'em


 
Join Date: May 2007
Location: El Paso, TX
Posts: 17,690
Thanks: 4
Thanked 14 Times in 13 Posts
Feedback Score: 2 reviews
Send a message via AIM to TwinTurboStroker
Quote:
Originally Posted by TYREBOYS_DEMAXIN View Post
i was curious if anybody one here was travelling down ST RT 7 thru Empire OH(Just south of East Liverpool OH)on Saturday evening around 10PM or so with a F-350 CC DRW(it had the 6.4 PSD)i believe it was silver..
i was headed down thru there and ended up racing this truck so i was kinda curious what all was done to it to make it run like that..i only got like 5-6 truck lenghts on him..
So are you saying it was running good or bad? 5-6 lengths sounds like a azz whompin' to me
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
  #3  
Old 02-09-2009, 09:22 AM
Compression Ignition Addict
 

Join Date: Oct 2007
Location: Pasadena, TX
Posts: 6,505
Thanks: 0
Thanked 0 Times in 0 Posts
Feedback Score: 0 reviews
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
  #4  
Old 02-09-2009, 09:24 AM
International Threat
 

Join Date: May 2006
Location: Elkton, MD
Posts: 13,087
Thanks: 0
Thanked 6 Times in 4 Posts
Feedback Score: 1 reviews
Quote:
Originally Posted by TwinTurboStroker View Post
So are you saying it was running good or bad? 5-6 lengths sounds like a azz whompin' to me
well considering his truck is a Dmax with EFI live... if it would have been a standard tune or stock 6.4 it would have been more like this....

YouTube - 7.3 powerstroke (modded) vs 6.4 powerstroke (stock)

That was me verse a member on here and he had a 1 second better reaction time cause I was having tranny problems
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
  #5  
Old 02-09-2009, 09:30 AM
Super Moderator

 

Join Date: Nov 2008
Posts: 13,268
Thanks: 0
Thanked 0 Times in 0 Posts
Feedback Score: 2 reviews
Quote:
Originally Posted by Maintain View Post
well considering his truck is a Dmax with EFI live... if it would have been a standard tune or stock 6.4 it would have been more like this....

YouTube - 7.3 powerstroke (modded) vs 6.4 powerstroke (stock)

That was me verse a member on here and he had a 1 second better reaction time cause I was having tranny problems
HAha I love how there is no smoke from the 6.4. lol. Nice run
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
  #6  
Old 02-09-2009, 09:32 AM
Let's Run'em


 
Join Date: May 2007
Location: El Paso, TX
Posts: 17,690
Thanks: 4
Thanked 14 Times in 13 Posts
Feedback Score: 2 reviews
Send a message via AIM to TwinTurboStroker
Quote:
Originally Posted by Maintain View Post
well considering his truck is a Dmax with EFI live... if it would have been a standard tune or stock 6.4 it would have been more like this....

YouTube - 7.3 powerstroke (modded) vs 6.4 powerstroke (stock)

That was me verse a member on here and he had a 1 second better reaction time cause I was having tranny problems
Was he launching in 4x4, cuz it didn't look like he left the line very quick
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
  #7  
Old 02-09-2009, 09:33 AM
International Threat
 

Join Date: May 2006
Location: Elkton, MD
Posts: 13,087
Thanks: 0
Thanked 6 Times in 4 Posts
Feedback Score: 1 reviews
Quote:
Originally Posted by TwinTurboStroker View Post
Was he launching in 4x4, cuz it didn't look like he left the line very quick
Yes, 4wd. Mine was just floor it after the 3rd light... no spool up... that MPH is usually good for 12.8's... I only ran a 13.1 there
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
  #8  
Old 02-09-2009, 09:35 AM
International Threat
 

Join Date: May 2006
Location: Elkton, MD
Posts: 13,087
Thanks: 0
Thanked 6 Times in 4 Posts
Feedback Score: 1 reviews
His name on here is HarleyUltra... and I will be installing his DPF delete and some other goodies here soon once I get my truck back and the new turbo on.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
  #9  
Old 02-09-2009, 09:40 AM
Let's Run'em


 
Join Date: May 2007
Location: El Paso, TX
Posts: 17,690
Thanks: 4
Thanked 14 Times in 13 Posts
Feedback Score: 2 reviews
Send a message via AIM to TwinTurboStroker
Quote:
Originally Posted by Maintain View Post
Yes, 4wd. Mine was just floor it after the 3rd light... no spool up... that MPH is usually good for 12.8's... I only ran a 13.1 there
Oh ok Mr. 13.1 .........., what did your buddy run that time, do you remember cuz it doesn't show in the video
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
  #10  
Old 02-09-2009, 09:46 AM
International Threat
 

Join Date: May 2006
Location: Elkton, MD
Posts: 13,087
Thanks: 0
Thanked 6 Times in 4 Posts
Feedback Score: 1 reviews
16.6 IIRC... bone stock extended cab long bed.

I think he later ran a 16.3.

Very quick for a stock ford

Last edited by Marty; 02-09-2009 at 09:50 AM.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Sponsored Links
Advertisement
 
Reply

Quick Reply
Message:
Options

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Ford Powerstroke Diesel Forum forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.
Email Address:

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.



Thread Tools
Display Modes

Posting Rules
You may post new threads
You may post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Trackbacks are On
Pingbacks are On
Refbacks are On



All times are GMT -8. The time now is 04:42 PM.


Powered by vBulletin® Copyright ©2000 - 2014, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.
Search Engine Optimization by vBSEO 3.6.1
Garage Plus, Vendor Tools vBulletin Plugins by Drive Thru Online, Inc.

vB.Sponsors