Cruiser nearly lost his door - Ford Powerstroke Diesel Forum
Kill Stories A place to share Hot Rodding lies...er we mean stories.

Powerstroke.org is the premier Diesel Truck Forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 01-25-2009, 05:49 PM
Once you go black......

Feedback Score: 0 reviews
Send a message via MSN to CanadianDiesel
Cruiser nearly lost his door

Almost a kill story for a Crown Vic's door.......
Driving home tonight on a two lane non-divided highway, I spot a cruiser up ahead with strobes on and all, so I ease my speed back, car in front of me zooms right by him, just as the cop swings his door wide open after he goes by.

Not sure what he was thinking, but I almost had them locked up for this guy. I slowed right up and drove by, and (musta been a newby) gets out on the passenger side and gives me a dirty look. I'm thinkin, man this guy's lucky I'm a cautious driver or that door was gone.

Do you guys have laws for this? I mean when passing a cruiser pulled over? They have reinforced our laws, but it seems the cops have gotten more ****y, always steeping out into traffic.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 01-25-2009, 05:52 PM
Compression Ignition Addict

well im on the voulnter fire dept here and cops are not afraid to throw a mag light at a car if they drive past a road block thats there for a wreck or somethin
Old 01-25-2009, 05:56 PM
Once you go black......

I can understand that, but it's common sense to check traffic when getting out of your car, isn't it?
And what you said about the maglite, one of our guys almost did the same when he was doing traffic control and some guy decides to fly past everyone, obviously hypnotized by the red lights I'm on the volunteers as well.
Old 01-25-2009, 06:03 PM

Quote:
well im on the voulnter fire dept here and cops are not afraid to throw a mag light at a car if they drive past a road block thats there for a wreck or somethin
I completely understand slowing down and being cautious, it's just the right thing to do. And honestly if I were a cop I would be tempted to throw a mag light at a car speeding by. But if a cop ever did that to me I would flip a ****. At that point they are no longer a cop because that isn't upholding the law or what not, and he would have my boot in his azz.

Sorry for the rant, and I guess I'm thinking about it as I would always be going slow so I would feel it unjust, but then it probably wouldn't happen to me. And like I said if it were me in his shoes I would probably do the same thing.
Old 01-25-2009, 06:12 PM
Once you go black......

If that would have been a big rig instead of me in my little F-350, that door was getting ripped out of his hand.
One thing I have never understood in my life....when cops pull someone over on a very busy road or highway, why don't they tell the person to pull in to the next side road or parking lot? I know in some cases it doesn't apply, but in most cases this could save officer's lives.
Old 01-25-2009, 06:15 PM

It also buggs the crap out of me when I see people pull over in the most retarded places. Like if there isn't a shoulder they just pull over in the lane. Or I've even seen in the median, that's even better, cars on both sides. People need to think and pull over somewhere safe.
Old 01-27-2009, 09:22 AM

I think some people get so nervous when they get pulled over they dont know where to pull over. Or they dont want to keep driving to a safer place for fear of making the officer think they arent pulling over.

Best bet is just put on your hazards so the cop know you see em, and slow down, and find a safe place to pull over.

AS for passing up a cop, I think Texas law is you must change lanes. if not possible you should slow down 20 MPH under the speed limit.

What I really hate is when a cop sees you are in need of help and they dont stop. Happened to me the other day. My fuel gauge doesnt work in the ole '73 mustang and i was unaware that my dad had used it after i had filled her up 2 days before. basically me and my friend had to push the car a mile to a gas station. And yes a cop did go by, he slowed down looked at us and kept going. Bastard!
Old 01-27-2009, 10:26 AM

In Ohio you must change lanes. If they are almost done and you don't change lanes they will catch you. Nothing worse than some jack A bumps some one in rush hour traffic and they both stop and plug up traffic for miles till the police get there.
Old 01-27-2009, 10:30 AM
Viking Heavy Diesel

Feedback Score: 1 reviews
It is a law here that we have to move over to the next lane on a multi lane road!
Old 01-27-2009, 10:31 AM

They just passes a law here about it maybe 2 yrs ago. You either have to change lanes or slow to 20 mph.

Their reasoning was for safety but when that happens on the freeway and all of a sudden you slow to 20 mph your just asking for an accident so nobody even does it anymore. They used to have 2 cops at every speed trap. One would pull over the original speeder and the other would pull over the one that didn't change lanes or slow to 20 mph. That only lasted for a couple of weeks....
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Ford Powerstroke Diesel Forum forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.
Email Address:

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.