Not exactly a traditional kill.... - Ford Powerstroke Diesel Forum
Kill Stories A place to share Hot Rodding lies...er we mean stories.

Powerstroke.org is the premier Diesel Truck Forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 12-21-2006, 05:40 AM
Compression Ignition Addict

Feedback Score: 0 reviews
Not exactly a traditional kill....

But I did crush someone today. Sumbiotch tried to drive up under my truck with a little mazda pickup. He wasn't injured, my wrist is killing me from the steering wheel jerking my thumb half off. It went like this.

On my way to work there is a four lane highway that narrows to two lanes (opposed traffic). The left lane continues on the same highway and the right lane is a forced right turn into a Valero refinery. Well, every morning is a mayhem of traffic since two other highways join this highway and bottleneck to this point. And the "race" to work has been dubbed by the cops as the Mexican 500 since over 3/4 of the people commuting this route in the morning and evening are illegal immigrants, or just recently nationalized. There have been some terrible wrecks on this stretch of road and they keep happening since people don't know or care about the traffic laws. Anyway, this guy and many others think that the lane for the forced right turn is their chance to pass about 50 or so cars in the left lane by jukin' up as far as they can and cutting someone off at the last minute. Well this guy tried for one more spot than he should have because it was raining this morning and slick. Once he got up to the dirt shoulder he (right next to me) he started loosing it. I ended up "pitting" him and sent him careening off into the ditch on the opposite side of the highway. I might have been able to avoid this collision. But, if I were to hit my brakes hard enough to avoid it, I surely would of caused a pile of innocent cars behind me to crash. So, since he was the guilty party, I plowed into his side.
A little paint drawing to show what it looked like. The red line and arrow show his path of travel.

My truck isn't too bad. Bumper is dented on right side, alignment will need tweaking a little, and a few other related things. But it drove the rest of the way to work.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 12-21-2006, 05:47 AM
Powerstroke Techie

that sucks!!! It's amazing how stupid people are.
Old 12-21-2006, 07:09 AM

No doubt. Even while the police were there, idiots kept doing the same thing. If it would of happened to someone else while we were there, they would of plowed into the cop cars and us.
Old 12-21-2006, 08:23 AM
Gun Nut

Send a message via AIM to Rodslinger
THAT is another reason I've got such a huge brush guard. I have people try that crap all the time but as soon as they see my front end they realize I've NO REASON to lift....and they fall in behind me where they belong.
Old 12-21-2006, 08:31 AM
im fat and ugly

man hate to hear that

!@@#$ stupid people
Old 12-22-2006, 10:27 AM
Serving Our Country!

Send a message via AIM to Jameson Send a message via Yahoo to Jameson
Sounds like a good evasive manuever. I know it sucks, but the other is worse off i gaurentee.
Old 12-22-2006, 11:10 AM
one day at a time

Glad to hear he didn't wreck you too bad. Cosmetic stuff on your truck is an easy fix, but it still sucks to go through it when it was in no way your fault. I'm glad the only injury you received was minor too. What happened to the idiot in the other vehicle? Hopefully he got a big FAT ticket and messed his little toy truck up good.
Old 12-25-2006, 09:10 PM

First off glad to hear you are ok, but I have a question...How did you not beat the idiot senseless??

Im afraid I would have been putting all of my TaeKwonDo training to use on the SOB....
Old 12-25-2006, 10:34 PM
The Fat Mod

hate to hear what happened, but glad everyone is OK for the most part.
Old 12-26-2006, 02:35 AM
HardLuck Case of the Year

Send a message via AIM to Ditty Send a message via Yahoo to Ditty
It's stuff like that when I wish I was a gene-pool life guard!

"(TWEEEET!) You! In the crappy pickup! Outta the Gene-Pool!"

I too have a pretty stout bumper/brush guard on my truck and I've given up going out of my way to stop for these idiots. I think I'll risk a punch in the nose of my truck to get the point across that you CAN'T pull out in front of an 8500 pound truck going 60-70 and expect it to stop in 2 ft.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Ford Powerstroke Diesel Forum forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.
Email Address:

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.