Killed another PSD - Ford Powerstroke Diesel Forum
Kill Stories A place to share Hot Rodding lies...er we mean stories.

Powerstroke.org is the premier Diesel Truck Forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 01-02-2009, 10:01 AM
Premium Member

Feedback Score: 0 reviews
Killed another PSD

I don't know why but I have more trucks mess with me than any other vehicle. So I went Ice fishing with a buddy's dad up near Minocqua this last weekend and when I was done, I drove back home to meet up with a buddy to hit the bar. We were in Wausau WI along grand avenue and were passing up slower traffic. The roads were pretty clear because it was warm and had rained all day and so there were no traction issues with the Toyo proxes summer street tires I was running.

We ended up rolling past what looked like an 05 or 06 F250 with gauges and who knows what else. He had to slow down for traffic that was turning off onto another road in the right lane just as i was going around him in the left lane. As I go around, I hear his truck spool up and he gained on me pretty good but I wasn't looking to instigate anything and I let him sit there just off my right rear quarter panel (I had the cruise set to about 39mph). He slows down a bit as we approach the next light and is about a car length behind me slowing down but then it goes to yellow and he floors it to get through the light with me. It was here that I figured he wanted to race and we both slowed down to get stuck at the next light.

My buddy was driving behind me and he immediately calls and is like, "I think this guy wants to race you" and I was like, "yup, and I'm about to let him have it." The cross traffic lights turned yellow and he starts to spool up his truck as we waited for ours to turn green. I fluttered the car to about 2,000 rpms and took off when the light went green. He had the intital jump out to about maybe 100 feet which is when I past him like he was standing still and all I hear is his turbo spooling which is significant because it was louder than mine lol.

I ran it up to about 80mph (in a 35) and let up to let him catch up. He kept right on hammering and blew past me gawking at me as were his passengers. I waited to post this because I thought for sure someone on this forum was gonna post a story on beating another ricer or something like that but haven't seen anythign yet. For some reason guys in PSD's try racing me all the time (well, that's the 2nd one in less than a month) and I can't get a Mustang or Camaro or GTO to want to race... ever. I think it has to be the most unassuming car out there and my dad is going to have a blast driving this thing as I gave it to him for Christmas this year.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 01-02-2009, 10:07 AM
Compression Ignition Addict

what is your car
Old 01-02-2009, 10:13 AM
Premium Member

2005 Stage 3 Subaru Legacy GT Turbo running an AVO 420 Turbo, AVO FMIC, Deatschwerks 740 CC injectors and a Labonte Meth Kit
Old 01-02-2009, 07:46 PM

have you ever had it on a track???
Old 01-03-2009, 07:34 AM
Premium Member

No. Ran it against my buddy's Lightning once though which was Stage 2 and tracked a 12.63 and I beat him by about a car length if not a little more. The G Force thingy or whatever it's called registered a 12.47 which is probably pretty close to what it would track. Stage 2 Legacy's with the 5 speed are capable of getting into the high 12's with nothing more than a new down pipe and an E-tune.
Old 01-03-2009, 07:46 AM

There are a few "tunners" out there you dont mess with subaru and evos. Trucks are no different then "tunners", we just weight a hell of alot more and traction is a *****. Know ricers are a piece of **** wanna b's. I say build a truck and bring it on. I would like to pics of that car they are bad ***.
Old 01-03-2009, 07:57 AM

Send a message via AIM to troid123
Quote:
Originally Posted by taskforcefreddy View Post
2005 Stage 3 Subaru Legacy GT Turbo running an AVO 420 Turbo, AVO FMIC, Deatschwerks 740 CC injectors and a Labonte Meth Kit
Eww....Ahh..
Old 01-03-2009, 09:01 AM
Premium Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by utlonghorns416 View Post
I would like to pics of that car they are bad ***.

Old 01-03-2009, 05:03 PM

Nice car. Nice and clean
Old 01-03-2009, 07:11 PM

I know your dad will enjoy driving your car and keeping it cherry, but I know he wants what we all want, you back home ASAP and a chance to run with you again soon. Thanks for all you do over there and I respect your service and commitment to us..... YOUR COUNTRY!!!!!!!!!

These are the guys that deserve the bailout money, not those a$$holes on wallstreet
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Ford Powerstroke Diesel Forum forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.
Email Address:

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.