Starting all over.......Killed Myself - Ford Powerstroke Diesel Forum
Kill Stories A place to share Hot Rodding lies...er we mean stories.

Powerstroke.org is the premier Diesel Truck Forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 12-22-2008, 09:02 AM
Premium Member

Feedback Score: 0 reviews
Starting all over.......Killed Myself

I am taking the whole situation with a grain of salt, and saying one door closes to another one opening. Lets just say I made the 11pm News here in Buffalo, NY on Sat less than 24hours after I got home on xmas vacation. WKBW - TV - Video - Video - Saturday Night Top Stories 12/20/08
Have to wait until the F 150 commercial with mike roe then fast forward to the clock time of 11:04 just shy of 1/2 way and right after Jenny Rizzo in the red coat is done.

Got home safe in the snow storm the night before and I F'n roll my truck the next day on wet pavement!!!!!! Will post more pics of the damage here in then next few days when I get it back.

So here is the story: Saturday afternoon in Buffalo, on way home from Xmas shopping on a 2 lane wide exit ramp I am in the right lane and road is curving to the right, in traffic, and as we coming around the corner, the 6ft snow bank on my right start creeping further and further in my lane, slowing down to about 30-35mph, person on my left not giving me any room to move over, I start creeping closer and closer to the bank. Didnt want to step on the brakes and create a pile up which I ended up doing anyways.... Started into a little bit of slush on the front passenger tire, then it was like a "hand of God" instantly the front end of the truck gets sucked into the snow bank, back end starts sliding around as the passenger front tire starts to climb up the pile, at 90 degrees and 10-15mph, the truck dumps on is side, slows down to 5-10 as it finishes going over upside down, and front of truck about 120 degrees from where it should be pointed. I got out fine, dog was scare chit less, but unharmed. cab of the truck destroyed. Passenger side front of cab took most of the damage. and the only window that survived was the driverside rear door. probably the only thing that kept my dog from rolling out the window.

Will give everyone a chance to chime in that I am safe, then will start talking what my options and plans are now. 95% sure will be getting a different PSD, but not sure what motor and trans, and will have parts for sale, #1 item will be the Lift. Northern boys that drive in the snow dont need to be that high in the air.....

Last edited by AFBLUE; 12-22-2008 at 09:29 AM.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 12-22-2008, 09:20 AM
Compression Ignition Addict

Old 12-22-2008, 09:27 AM
Oilfield Trash

Feedback Score: 1 reviews
DUDE WAS THAT YOUR BLACK TRUCK THAT TURNED OVER WTHHHHHHHHH!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
Old 12-22-2008, 09:28 AM

Dude... I feel for ya... That sucks.

Quote:
Originally Posted by CoalRollinRoosterCruiser View Post
He rolled his truck man.
Old 12-22-2008, 09:36 AM
My 6OH Hates Me

Feedback Score: 1 reviews
man sorry to hear, glad you and your dog are safe. Made me sick to see your rig in the video.
Old 12-22-2008, 09:42 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by mudrunninpig View Post
man sorry to hear, glad you and your dog are safe. Made me sick to see your rig in the video.
+1000 that really sux man...
Old 12-22-2008, 09:45 AM
Thats Mr. Oil Leak.....

Send a message via AIM to MrJohnWayne Send a message via MSN to MrJohnWayne Send a message via Yahoo to MrJohnWayne
Man sorry to hear. Glad that you and your dog are OK
Old 12-22-2008, 09:48 AM

At least you're ok. Sounds like a good time to upgrade. We can have a few wrenching days when you get back down here and have your new setup.
Old 12-22-2008, 09:59 AM

Good time for a new rig. Glad to hear you and dog are o.k.
Dave
Old 12-22-2008, 10:02 AM
Premium Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by fordpwrstroke7 View Post
At least you're ok. Sounds like a good time to upgrade. We can have a few wrenching days when you get back down here and have your new setup.

Yeah I am looking into my options, deciding whether I should go with a 7.3 again and swap stuff over, or just go for it and get a 6.0, studs and EGR delete. But for sure the lift is going. Will start another thread in a few days to discuss it becuase most in this thread are going to be interested in what happened, not quite where I am going to go from here.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Ford Powerstroke Diesel Forum forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.
Email Address:

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.