"That things a freak!" - Ford Powerstroke Diesel Forum
Kill Stories A place to share Hot Rodding lies...er we mean stories.

Powerstroke.org is the premier Diesel Truck Forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.
Like Tree2Likes
  • 1 Post By 7upstang
  • 1 Post By 03ranger30

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 02-06-2014, 12:07 PM
Compression Ignition Addict

Feedback Score: 0 reviews
"That things a freak!"

*Disclaimer, the kill section seems a little slow and this is my favor kill story to date. My mustang vs a D-Max**

Riding home one evening from dinner, sitting several cars links behind me was a Duramax(older body, before the change, 03ish?) slightly lifted on 35s( I would guess). I take off easy, being the first car in line, he quickly makes his way up to us as we are now stopped at the next light. As he is pulling up I see him playing with his tuner and I can hear the exhaust, so I look over at my dad, "Hold on, looks like we have the a race." By this time the kid is looking down at me with a huge grin on his face. Who wouldn't, foxbody with the top down rolling on stock turbines, we all know these cars, heck even I would think easy kill. It's my sleeper for sure. Guess he happened to look pass the drag radials mounted on the stock rims and the lope of the cam.

He starts to spool up, I assume he is in 4wd. Light is green, I jump half a car, my mickeys are fighting for life. Grab second, well two cars out at this point, the backend shifts slightly on the fox, but I have the car under control. Powershift third, shut it down by 80 with a bus and a half at least.

Waiting at the next light, he pulls up with the grin completely wiped off, blank stare. Me, "Wanna run again?", Him shaking his head, "That thing is a freak."

Not another work spoken. He tried me again and I gave him the hit too, easily blew by him by 40.

By far my most favorite run. Thought you guys might laugh a little.
Stiles likes this.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 02-06-2014, 04:23 PM

Everybody tries to race you in a Mustang haha. My buddy just bought a 2011 GT and we were coming home the other night and this kid in a lifted Wrangler was just egging us on at a stop light. Of course it was no match but we had a good laugh about it, and the kid was a good sport too, rolled down the window and gave us a thumbs up as he went past.
Stiles likes this.
Old 02-07-2014, 10:32 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by 03ranger30 View Post
Everybody tries to race you in a Mustang haha. My buddy just bought a 2011 GT and we were coming home the other night and this kid in a lifted Wrangler was just egging us on at a stop light. Of course it was no match but we had a good laugh about it, and the kid was a good sport too, rolled down the window and gave us a thumbs up as he went past.
It's all in good fun too. For real though, everybody does. I was driving my business partners the other day, 2012 5.0, in a down poor had some guy in a 2v mustang try to race me. What in the world?
Old 02-07-2014, 10:58 AM

That sounds like all kinds of fun man. Makes me feel a little more motivated to put my car back together
Old 02-08-2014, 04:55 AM

Makes me feel motivated to get a Mustang, but my truck is taking all my money at this point.
Old 02-08-2014, 10:23 AM

my truck and my quad are lightening my wallet haha

ill be doing plenty of racing when we go to the dunes though!
Old 02-28-2014, 10:17 AM
GET MY ENEMA BUCKET BRO!!

Make a ppowestang to compete with the cumstang
Old 03-01-2014, 06:06 AM

Lol, good kill
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Ford Powerstroke Diesel Forum forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.
Email Address:

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.