Sharing the story for a friend of mine... - Ford Powerstroke Diesel Forum
Kill Stories A place to share Hot Rodding lies...er we mean stories.

Powerstroke.org is the premier Diesel Truck Forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.
Like Tree4Likes

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 01-27-2014, 08:03 PM
Powerstroke.org Rookie

Feedback Score: 0 reviews
Sharing the story for a friend of mine...

I was cruising around a few days ago with my friend in his dads truck ( stock 6.7).. we came up on a duramax plastered with stickers, and we were just messing with him... revving the engine and whatnot, this thing would have eaten us alive.... It had a monster sound to it, and had some sort of street slicks on it.. One of the fog lights was simply a little air funnel type deal, must have been for another turbo or something... well He launched Hard, and whaddya know right front wheel gets a wobble, and I look back and see him pulled over, wheels toed in... Typical duramax.. He would have smoked us if not for that though!
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
The Following User Says Thank You to Anthony I For This Useful Post:
BigGreen06 (01-29-2014)
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 01-27-2014, 08:21 PM
PROUD AMERICAN!!!

Feedback Score: 6 reviews
Hmmmmmm.... Well that wasn't very exciting.
Stiles likes this.
Old 01-28-2014, 05:11 AM
Premium Member

Cool story. I bet daddy likes that some kids are recklessly beating on his $60K truck.
Rattlesnake18 and Tommycat like this.
The Following User Says Thank You to gotta_gofast For This Useful Post:
G.Beck (02-18-2014)
Old 01-28-2014, 08:07 AM
Compression Ignition Addict

Quote:
Originally Posted by gotta_gofast View Post
Cool story. I bet daddy likes that some kids are recklessly beating on his $60K truck.
I agree with this. If I beat the crap outta my truck, it's MY truck. Even if his dad likes to beat on it, SO WHAT! Unless his dad comes out and says, "Son, Go race my truck against anyone on the street," You're still breaking someone else's stuff. And $60 grand worth of stuff needs to be treated a little nicer than your $1000 Honda Civic. Racing is going to damage the truck. There's a reason the common saying for racing is you gotta pay to play... Well you're playing with someone else's money.
Old 01-28-2014, 11:27 AM

Do you guys understand that some parents have a ton of money and I'm sure there truck breaking down isn't the biggest worry? I have to take my sister places and parents let me use there vehicle so I don't have to take my dually. Always come back saying how I raced someone and won and my dad gives me a high five and laughs. Don't get why you guys get your panties in a bundle. I'm sure if there parents cared, they probably wouldn't let them take it cause they knoooow they will beat on it some. You were kids at one point too! When I brought my truck home from the dealership my dad was driving my FocusST and he got back to the farm and gets out laughing from the burnouts and fun he was having! Think I was upset? Not at all...

Last edited by Strokeittothemax; 01-28-2014 at 11:34 AM.
The Following User Says Thank You to Strokeittothemax For This Useful Post:
Anthony I (01-28-2014)
Old 01-28-2014, 11:46 AM
Powerstroke.org Rookie

Quote:
Originally Posted by gotta_gofast View Post
we werent recklessly beating on it at all. We revved the engine a few times, and thats it. we were just crankin the guy in the souped up duramax. No need to be snobby about it.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Tommycat View Post
I agree with this. If I beat the crap outta my truck, it's MY truck. Even if his dad likes to beat on it, SO WHAT! Unless his dad comes out and says, "Son, Go race my truck against anyone on the street," You're still breaking someone else's stuff. And $60 grand worth of stuff needs to be treated a little nicer than your $1000 Honda Civic. Racing is going to damage the truck. There's a reason the common saying for racing is you gotta pay to play... Well you're playing with someone else's money.
We didnt even race him. You guys obviously did not read what I typed, or your reading what I DIDNT type.. I never said we left him in a cloud of tire smoke, we just revved the engine, goosed it a little bit, and drove off like normal. it wasnt even a boosted launch. We treat the truck better then he does, and I do any work on it he needs for free. ya gotta throw in the civic insult, doncha. Because you as an adult in your infinite wisdom, can look down upon us foolish teenagers.

and If i was at all interested in Honda civics, why would I be on a diesel forum... hmmm

My bad for posting something, sorry it didnt meet people high expectations. I wasnt trying to impress anyone either. simply sharing an experiance.
Old 01-28-2014, 11:47 AM
Powerstroke.org Rookie

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rattlesnake18 View Post
Hmmmmmm.... Well that wasn't very exciting.
wasnt trying to impress anyone. I could have made it a hell of alot more interesting, but I see no need to lie to people...

Ill try harder next time.
Old 01-28-2014, 11:56 AM
PROUD AMERICAN!!!

Feedback Score: 6 reviews
Quote:
Originally Posted by Anthony I View Post
wasnt trying to impress anyone. I could have made it a hell of alot more interesting, but I see no need to lie to people...

Ill try harder next time.
Anthony I likes this.
Old 01-28-2014, 05:15 PM

Jeez alot of members on here must be some grumpy 70 year old men with sore hemorrhoids. Why would you even click on the kill story forum if you are going to lecture someone for racing? These trucks arent exactly built to be babied, theyre built to be beat on and used.
The Following User Says Thank You to Metal Mulisha For This Useful Post:
Strokeittothemax (01-29-2014)
Old 01-28-2014, 07:00 PM
Powerstroke.org Rookie

Quote:
Originally Posted by Metal Mulisha View Post
Jeez alot of members on here must be some grumpy 70 year old men with sore hemorrhoids. Why would you even click on the kill story forum if you are going to lecture someone for racing? These trucks arent exactly built to be babied, theyre built to be beat on and used.
because I said the words "his Dads" ..... Meaning we are irresponsible, selfish, inconsiderate, reckless teenagers, abusing his dads truck since our civic broke down.. ( actually its a Yaris, c'mon, get it right)

The funny part is, their miffed cause we were racing his dads truck.. In reality all we did was rev the engine at him like we wanted to race, and then goose the throttle at the green light, egging him on basicallly.. We couldnt touch his truck, and both of us knew that. we wanted to see what the truck could do, and it just ended up breaking down...
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Ford Powerstroke Diesel Forum forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.
Email Address:

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.