killed by AWD talon... sweet race - Ford Powerstroke Diesel Forum
Kill Stories A place to share Hot Rodding lies...er we mean stories.

Powerstroke.org is the premier Diesel Truck Forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 10-14-2008, 08:40 AM
Compression Ignition Addict

Feedback Score: 0 reviews
killed by AWD talon... sweet race

So me and my buddies both wh have boosted AWD talons and another friend were goin to pick up some stff for a bachelor party. I gone up agaisnt one of them and beleive it or not i smoked him pretty good. at the time i know he was running 10 psi of boost but i know for a fact his car wasnt running all the great at the time and i beat him bad.

So ive been itching to go up against his brother. From talkin to him i know hes got an upgraded turbo and an aggressive tune. Ive seen him take out a few GTs, camaros, severa ricers and a boosted civic. The last time he went to th track he claimed he ran a best of 12.9..... so i definately wasnt expecting to win unless he really messed up shifting or something.

Any way i line up on him ad his bro at a light and he hasnt wanted to race my truck but tis time he starts revving and such. i look over and ive him a rev and hes already spooling up. and DAMN the light goes green! he out quick so all i can do is smash the pedal, didnt even get to build boost and i was definately late out of the hole. CRAP! anyway he had me by about 3 lengths the whole way! up until about 90 mph when we let off.

My friend that was riding with me was amazed how well i kept up. He says to me, "damn if he didnt have AWD and hadnt jumped on you, you wouldve had a better chance." I was like "dude i wish i 4wd!"
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 10-14-2008, 08:47 AM

Holeshot is important. Time the opposite (cross lanes light) red light to your green-usually about the count of three...then you can be gone when he is getting ready! He might not have been faster, but he beat you!
Old 10-14-2008, 08:50 AM

That is a fast car in stock form.
Old 10-14-2008, 10:49 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by mjkten View Post
Holeshot is important. Time the opposite (cross lanes light) red light to your green-usually about the count of three...then you can be gone when he is getting ready! He might not have been faster, but he beat you!
Yea it was a crucial mistake on my part. Im usually dead on with lights and timing. It would have been closer had i been able to spool up some and at least get out of the whole faster.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Ford Powerstroke Diesel Forum forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.
Email Address:

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.