Sorry Ford, But You Asked For It - Ford Powerstroke Diesel Forum
Kill Stories A place to share Hot Rodding lies...er we mean stories.

Powerstroke.org is the premier Diesel Truck Forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 09-23-2008, 01:30 PM
Chapter Director

Feedback Score: 3 reviews
Sorry Ford, But You Asked For It

Out doing a little running around today and I'm on the long straightaway near my house (perfect for racing, 3 lanes one-way for 3 or 4 miles) when I come up on a white dually. I spot the exhaust and gauge pod and ease up next to him. Truck's an '02, 7.3, 6-speed, regular cab XLT. I look over and nod and the guy shoots me a stone faced look. He jumps on it, gets in front of me and blows some smoke at me, then jumps in front and brake checks me! I move over and get next to him and he's god a smirk on his face. Alright buddy I reach down, and bump up the edge box to 5 and just wait for my chance, because I really want to embarrass this jackass. So finally come up on a stoplight. And I hear him boosting it, I hit the 4wd switch and give her a little boost. Lights green and we're off. There's a nice cloud of smoke left behind us I'm 1 1/2 trucks ahead and pulling and laughing the whole time. We come to the next light and I say "nice run, you game for one more?" He doesn't want to hear it and rolls up the window. So I turn the radio back up and continue singing along to Frank Sinatra. "Fly me to the moon" when I'm interrupted by the epitome of a wanna-be. (I mean, this guy is bright white, red hair, wearing a big-*** chain, and a sunvisor turned to the side, driving a Honda Prelude. Bodykit, ridiculous wheels, huge tach on the dash.) "You beat that big ol' truck, let's see you beat a HIGH PERFORMANCE machine" Well, I just cracked up laughing at that one. So hard in fact, I didn't have time to build any boost before the light changes. He got the jump on me, until the turbo lit. I sailed right past him with a I slowed down, and rather than the typical ricer flyby he pulls next to me and yells "dude that was effing awesome!!! I didn't think your monster truck could beat me!!" That one killed me.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 09-23-2008, 01:33 PM
Almostdunfukinwidit

Feedback Score: 0 reviews
Send a message via Yahoo to Dave
Nice ricer kill
Old 09-23-2008, 01:36 PM
Powerstroke.org Sponsor

At least he owned up to a lose. Nothin wrong with losing, it happens to all of us.
Old 09-23-2008, 01:38 PM
Compression Ignition Addict

atleast he wasnt a poon about it and i bet now that kid has respect for the big trucks! hell think twice next time he pulls up on one
Old 09-23-2008, 03:19 PM

im wondering how the guy with the 6 speed was building boost at the light.is there a way to do this with a manual cause i cant figure it out,nice kills.
Old 09-23-2008, 03:33 PM

im with ya on that one idk either alls we can do is hold the rpms at like 2k then pop the clutch and mash the pedal
Old 09-23-2008, 03:44 PM

yea we can do that but if you catch to low of an rpm in 2nd,you will bog it and look like a joke,you can creep in first then hit the brakes,but you will be spinnin the tires at the light,first gear is good till about 5mph,i guess us zf guys just shouldnt race.
Old 09-24-2008, 08:09 AM

Send a message via MSN to justafarmtruck
yes it sucks not being able take off with out spinn tires with the zf.... but i guess thats why they made 4wd but still between shifts sucks
Old 09-24-2008, 08:14 AM

Send a message via AIM to ford_trck
Maybe he has a twin disk clutch and slipping it
Old 09-24-2008, 08:20 AM
What u talkin bout willis

Send a message via AIM to REDPOWERSMOKER Send a message via Yahoo to REDPOWERSMOKER
GET THAT RICE GOOD JOB
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Ford Powerstroke Diesel Forum forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.
Email Address:

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.