Ford Powerstroke Diesel Forum banner

Ricer civics never learn....

3K views 29 replies 14 participants last post by  stang_1973 
#1 ·
Im sure eveyone here has a ricer civic story.

Anyway im pulling out of the brooks shopping center getting on militairy dr. and I just get to a light that turned red. Im on the far right lane and a chebby 2500 with rims and and lots of chrome is on the far left and no one in the middle. I look over at him and he revs a bit so i give him a little rev just to go along. Anyway as this goes on a little car with blue headlights pulls up but stops right at my rear bumper but in the middle lane. He then eases up between us and gives us two good farts. its a primer grey civic with a black hood. So i anticapte the light should be about changing so i spool up to about 4lbs and im in stage 2 on the bully dog. Light goes green and Boom Im out lickety split! Left him about ab9out 8 lengths when i let off,

So i thought it was over and done with but he gives me a flyby and the finger! So i switch over to stage three real quick and hes ahead by about 2 lengths. I floor it and catch up real quick, and i can tell hes flooring it cause the car is screaming bloody murder,

HAHA it was priceless to see his face as i went by him, he looked like he wanted to cry!

#2 ·
Wow, flyby and the finger! Hope you blew some coal on him in the process.

#5 ·
Someone taught these Auto Zone Honda 'racers' to start the race when the other guy is finished. They are real tools.

#6 ·
There is a civic up here in Illinois with 458 Dynoed horses. The second boost hits in 3rd he breaks the tires loose. It's fast for an import. But I like my truck better

O good job and spankin the Honda

#7 ·
Im sure eveyone here has a ricer civic story.

Anyway im pulling out of the brooks shopping center getting on militairy dr. and I just get to a light that turned red. Im on the far right lane and a chebby 2500 with rims and and lots of chrome is on the far left and no one in the middle. I look over at him and he revs a bit so i give him a little rev just to go along. Anyway as this goes on a little car with blue headlights pulls up but stops right at my rear bumper but in the middle lane. He then eases up between us and gives us two good farts. its a primer grey civic with a black hood. So i anticapte the light should be about changing so i spool up to about 4lbs and im in stage 2 on the bully dog. Light goes green and Boom Im out lickety split! Left him about ab9out 8 lengths when i let off,

So i thought it was over and done with but he gives me a flyby and the finger! So i switch over to stage three real quick and hes ahead by about 2 lengths. I floor it and catch up real quick, and i can tell hes flooring it cause the car is screaming bloody murder,
HAHA it was priceless to see his face as i went by him, he looked like he wanted to cry!

:hehe::hehe::hehe::hehe::hehe: That is so true.:rofl::rofl::rofl:

#9 ·
if you wanna find a real fast honda come down to harlingen on a saturday night

there is hatchback with some crazy motor from japan (i think my buddy thats into that crap called it a spoon) and its twin turbo and supposedly made something like 600 hp on a single turbo i know its fast enough that he isnt allowed at the dragstrip down here anymore because it doesnt have a rolecage in it idk what it ran out there it was out on a nigth that they had the score boards turned off for some special race and they were just handin out slips to the drivers

that car will blow your mind when he is driving down the road and i have seen it blow the tires off going up an on ramp probably doing 60 or so already

#11 ·
Again...... will they ever learn?:dunno:

I know those little buggers can make serious power,,, shoot, ford had a tiny engine that put out 600 hp in the 80's but with such light weight and short wheel base, it can be very hard to control them.

#12 ·
yea they can make alota power but they are expensive as hell to make that much power with and like you said no wieght and short wheelbase can be bad

its liek my buddy and his small block chevy powered anglia got up on the top end of thetrack andit decided it wanted to be an airplane lol :dunno:

#13 ·
yea they can make alota power but they are expensive as hell to make that much power with and like you said no wieght and short wheelbase can be bad

its liek my buddy and his small block chevy powered anglia got up on the top end of thetrack andit decided it wanted to be an airplane lol :dunno:
Thats a false statment bud.
with 2 grand and a good base to start with a honda can be made to make over 400whp. you can build a turbo kit with a good engine management for less then 2K. what most dont understand is a EG hatch civic with 250whp and a cage, slicks and a good driver can easly make it to the low 12's. The problem after the 250-300hp is making it stick to the track. thats why some of the 500+whp cars dont turn that great of a ET but have a huge trap speed. I have a great friend that had a Ek hatch civic that makes 740whp. but runs a 10.99. in a car that weighs just 1750lbs. But it traps at 165mph LOL. but it sure is a beast on the highways:rofl:

#19 ·
Anything can be cheap to build(Or somewhat), You just need to use your resources, And know how to do things without spending money, Now in some cases or items you have to buy. But you can keep the cost down.

Junk yards
Swap meets
craigslist
ebay(Over priced in my opinion)

Stick with the diesel, Cool to make an 8K truck quick. The stigma with imports is kinda lame, Now if done right and I guess it is pretty neat. I build mopars for years, That was my thing. It was pretty sweet smoking a ricer with a B-Body.

Bobby, Don't you dare jump my @** here. I know you are into imports, But I am sure you don't run a coffee can tip or a 747 rear wing. If it's quick great, But most of these cat's ruin the idea because they want their car to be perceived as fast, So they bolt all the Cereal box add on crap.

#17 ·
Ricers = wrong wheel drive.....LMAO

#21 ·
Bobby.

Gearheads are Gearheads.............................. We all start with the go-Karts when were young, Move to Bike/Lawn mowers/Auto shop I/Auto Shop II/Diesel I then choose our main interest.
I went from Scout II ( First Truck ) To mopars had a couple Nova. A few 69 & 71 Chevy trucks. One Eagle Talon and so on.
No matter what it is or what it burns we are all the same. It's just the "Ricer" stigma again. I don't know what it is with 60% of these jack *$#'s but they give a BAD name to the REAL 40%.

Take care man.

#26 · (Edited)
with the way imports are and the availablity of them its easy and cheaper to get parts. I have had 7 nissan 240sxs...very easy to work on, parts are easy to come by..i have a 1990 right now..it made 443 on pump gas and low boost..buying a clean 240 and swapping in an sr20det motor, adding cams, bigger turbo, i/c, injectors and tuning and you'll make real good power..i had a 300 something hp sr20 before i rebuilt the motor..pic of it before it went into the car. motor 1400, turbo was 500, most of the stuff i already had, and misc things, headgaskets, gaskets, oils, fluids..we put my buddies car together, motor swap and everything, totally running within a few days..dont get me wrong im no real honda fan, but with anything i dont hate if there is alot of work and time put in. I'll always be a nissan guy..no front wheel drive for me though!

#28 ·
Gotcha... however had you not done the tuning (I'm assuming for free??) you can add a conservative $500 for dyno time and a tune unless the guy would try to do it himself via street tuner or some other data logging/adjusting stand alone system.

King Motorsports can guarantee you 400-420 hp (with a warranty) out of a 1.6 liter but it'll cost you +$5,000 so how you're doing it for under $2,000 is beyond me. I'm guessing your warranty lasts about as long as the driveway?

#29 ·
id tell mr. king to find a new profession..stealing isnt working for him..there is so many options out there with tuning..you could have your factory ecu reflashed with your mods for 400 bucks..i ran a tuned ecu for a while..switched to a aem ems and hate it lol i want an hks f con..most of these import guys know where to go..a friend of a friend can tune it for free..they build these cars for a few grand because they know people and they arent stupid....

and slammedsi 240s are my favorite import..you got yourself a nice civic..i followed that build you had going on

#30 ·
I agree that the parts can be cheap, you just gotta look around. My buddy picked up a turbo for his eagle talon installed and got some custom tuning done for 600 all together.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.