fake gt 500 - Ford Powerstroke Diesel Forum
Kill Stories A place to share Hot Rodding lies...er we mean stories.

Powerstroke.org is the premier Diesel Truck Forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 09-10-2008, 05:30 PM
Compression Ignition Addict

Feedback Score: 0 reviews
fake gt 500

there is a kid that lives around my house somewhere driving a grey mustang that "appears" to be a GT 500. i see him 2 or three times a week on my way to school or work and he drives like a moron. always reving it up at the lights cause it's loud. anyway the car looks good but i had my doubts as to weather or not it was a real 500. there were a few minor cosmetic differences and it doesn't sound like the real ones. i have been waiting to see him while i was in something that i could test him in.
last night i was going to town in my truck and low and behold he was behind me at the light. i turned onto the freeway on-ramp and went a little slow onpurpose to get him anxious and just as i expected as soon as we cleared the guard rails he jets out and were off to the races. i let him get about even with me before i got on it but he had nothin for the ole 6.4. my conclusion is that it is a regular GT with an exhaust.
at first i felt bad cause i usually wouldn't do that to someone but there is a little bit of reverance you give to certain cars or icons in history and it's not cool to try to imitate them if you aren't going to go all the way with it. it's along the same lines as dropin cummins motors in dodges. he deserved what he got. hahaha
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 09-10-2008, 05:36 PM

Send a message via AIM to somebodyelse5
sounds like a good kill to me!!!
Old 09-10-2008, 05:42 PM

Feedback Score: 1 reviews
Ya no way that was a 500... My dads is wicked fast.... gts are easy kills for a "Good" diesel truck
Old 09-10-2008, 05:46 PM
Premium Member

sweet! good kill

i wonder if someone sells a "fake" Gt500 appearance package.

There is a guy around here that has one, and i seriously doubt that its a real GT 500
It looks good, but like you said it has a few minor cosmetic differences but it just doesn't sound right
Old 09-10-2008, 05:52 PM

Feedback Score: 1 reviews
Listen for the "whine" its very loud when accelerating.... Sounds bad azz
Old 09-10-2008, 06:09 PM

i am very well aquainted with the sound and i know from personal experiance that the stock 500 is way faster than my truck is. i could also tell he was on it trying to get by me so it was definatly not real. it had the window scoop and the stickers and even all the badging but the hood was not real. it was altered but not real. the sound was good but not supercharged good. he would have eventually got around me but there was a car in front of us that set the pick for me and after that he didn't want to try.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Ford Powerstroke Diesel Forum forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.
Email Address:

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.