Ford Powerstroke Diesel Forum banner

Dyno trash talk...

3K views 31 replies 13 participants last post by  jjames25 
#1 ·
I went out to the Utah Diesel Nationals this last weekend. My truck has never been on a dyno before and as my buddy and I were watching a few of the trucks I knew I had to do it.

I am waiting in line and two guys about my age, 23, are right next to me in a LB7 duramax. We start BS'n and talking about our trucks. He has never been on a dyno either so we are making some guess, he has a "6" stage edge juice, exhaust and intake. He is hoping 500 HP, but to be realistic he says 450 HP. He sees my stack and asks what I've got, tell him "just an SCT nothing special".

He went right in front of me and...
first pull stock - 262 HP
second pull edge "5" - 321 HP
third pull edge "6" - 323 HP

The guy with the dyno drives a twin turbo 6.0L so he was pretty interested in my truck

First two pulls I got on it to much and down shifted, but made 350 HP before each shift.
third pull - 387 HP
fourth pull - 379 HP

The dyno guys where very impressed, printed my sheet and gave me a card for his shop. Said that truck is 400 HP at sea level.

Thank you Eric, Innovative diesel for the awesome tune (Extreme Street). The dyno chart is amazing, it shoots up past 350 in a hurry and stays over 375 from 2300 to 4000. Its a super broad power band!!!

Duramax guy didnt say much to us after the Dyno :hehe:

On side note I got a ride in a duramax with MPI twins... WOW :crazy::crazy: just a little faster than the stroker...:wink[3]:

See less See more
#6 ·
It was 90 degrees, 4% humidity, and 4500 feet elevation.
Seems about right to me, at sea level I'm sure it would be over 400 HP

#9 ·
Yea there where some sweet trucks there for sure.

Did stay and watch the sled pull for fun??

#8 ·
Nice numbers man:thumb:

#11 ·
Yea no shade to speak of there. It was great though two guys with big lifted D-maxes broke down. First one dropped his rear drive shaft, picked it up off the track and threw it in his bed... :rofl: :rofl:

Second guy broke front drive shaft and tie rod end!! He slammed on his brakes when he heard the "pop" and the sled creamed the back of his truck. He got out and flipped us all off because we where cheering. :hehe: :hehe: :hehe: It was great!!

#13 ·
Other than the SCT what do you have done? Just the exhaust???

#14 ·
#16 ·
In Sandy right now. I was just living here for the summer, doing an ME internship at Kennecott. I'm headed back to school in Idaho this weekend. Are you out at Hill AFB?

#22 ·
I will probably leave first thing friday morning, quick stop at Cabelas, and I bet I'll be around Layton 10 or 11. I'm pretty flexable so just let me know when you will be off.

#23 ·
well ok, i usually have every other friday off, which would be that friday, but we may be on mandatory overtime. i dont know yet, either way i can meet for an hour or so since i dont go in until like 2:30. ill PM ya.

#28 ·
yeah....

NADP made a new DVD got smoke vol 2 and there is a highlight real of breakage most of it is DMAX front ends and I think a dodge blowing a tranny. no fords breaking. 6.0 is not reliable can't make huge power everyone who had a ford drove home that day.

they make awesome power but the front ends well... man do they break bad. tie rods drive shafts the most duramax owners wish they did not have IFS.

but duramax with EFI live is just... well... sick...

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.