First Track Run! - Ford Powerstroke Diesel Forum
Kill Stories A place to share Hot Rodding we mean stories.

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #1 of 4 Old 08-16-2008, 07:08 AM Thread Starter
Big Daddy!
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Feedback Score: 0 reviews
First Track Run!

I am STUCK in West Tx, been out here fer a DAWG's age .... So I was heading out to get some grub last night, and I drive by a 1/8 track on I-20 so "the Big Girl" decides she is going to do her own driving "KITT" style and first thing I know we are looking over at a Dodge Dually 5.9 with an exhaust, and a Smarty... no 4x4 though ... that was his mistake .... ... granted I had 120+ gallons of fuel in the truck since I just filled up. This is the first run I have ever made, but I am READY for more! I don't know if it is a good 1/8 mile time, but I ran a 9.4 to his 10.1. Maybe you all can tell me how I did? I figured .5 throuh the 1/8 was a romping ....

Do remember that I had well over 900 pounds of fuel in the truck at the time....

Originally Posted by cchase View Post
Do you know what the hardest part of driving a dodge is? Telling your parents that your gay.
Sold the truck to help pay $1.5M in medical bills! Now I have a F150 6cyl that is slower and gets worse mileage
post #2 of 4 Old 08-16-2008, 07:16 AM
Emergency Services
sounds like a good time to me but i have never gone down the track. really wnat to tho. you could prob. shave a couple tenths off without all that fuel, i can take it off your hands and store it in my truck next time for ya

[CENTER]Joe Eastwood EMT-B,1999 CC SB PSD F-350,7.3L,240,000mi, too poor for all the mods, but i manage If your passing through my neck of the woods let me know
post #3 of 4 Old 08-16-2008, 07:19 AM
Compression Ignition Addict
9.4 aint bad with thath much fuel, I'm 2wd and ran a 8.96 with canned SCT tunes and no boosted launch. I imagine the Cummins with the Smarty is just spinning.

2006 F250 2wd 6.0 psd, 8.96 1/8th mile with canned SCT tunes, now running Spartan Hybrid Race tune! AFE Stage 2 PRO DRY S, 4" turbo back str8 pipe in front of rear tire, auto, crew cab short bed, ZOO DAD mod, 5% tint over the factory tint.
Track Times!
60 ft-------1.892
594 ft------8.370
1/8th ET---8.965
1/8th MPH--75.63
post #4 of 4 Old 08-16-2008, 08:08 AM
Compression Ignition Addict
i dont know anything about the 1/8th timing, but at least you put a goat is it's place...

im still alive and kickin...find me on FB..."StrokerX1"
SOLD my truck, another Diesel within 2011

NOTE: if your on OK and need some PSD work done, i know a dealer tech who does the work....PM me!

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Ford Powerstroke Diesel Forum forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page
Linear Mode Linear Mode