Cummins or Goin'? - Ford Powerstroke Diesel Forum
Kill Stories A place to share Hot Rodding lies...er we mean stories.

Powerstroke.org is the premier Diesel Truck Forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 12-20-2005, 06:32 PM
Compression Ignition Addict

Feedback Score: 0 reviews
Cool Cummins or Goin'?

More like goin'. I like the cummins turbo diesel, and this post is not to bash any of them. But I smoked one tonight in my '99 PSD. The victim was an '03 or newer Dodge quad cab dually(great 'cause mine is a dually) with of course the HO cummins diesel. I was actually coming through an intersection going to turn left, and saw some over cab lights coming at me, I knew it had to be a heavy duty truck. I saw his opposite blinker come on and he was coming my way. I waited to see what kind of truck it was and if it had the standard visual upgrade(exhaust). It did. Great I thought we pulled up to a light, him in the far left me far right. He had no idea what I had in mind, so I romped it for a few seconds leaving everyone in a cloud of smoke to give him a clue. I see him accelerate towards me and I ease it up a little. I ended up getting stuck behind a car and he passed me in the middle lane and stopped at the light. I moved over right behind him. Light turns green he is on smoke everywhere, turns out he was driving a manual tranny. I wait about a second or two so I don't rear end him, then I give all my trucks got. creeped up on him and went around him on the left, all while he was wide open. All that was behind us was a full dark cumulous cloud of diesel exhaust. Another red light is coming, I think great a real launch, but it turns green as we were down to about 20mph or so. I hear him downshift, turbo spooling, and more smoke. I floored it again this time I pull twice as fast. The next red light comes we stop and I go hard at green while he eases on the accelerator to avoid another embarrassment I've wanted to run one of those for months now, and now I know which truck is faster. :burnout
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 12-20-2005, 06:46 PM

Send a message via AIM to powerstrokekiller
Quote:
Originally Posted by RJacks258
More like goin'. I like the cummins turbo diesel, and this post is not to bash any of them. But I smoked one tonight in my '99 PSD. The victim was an '03 or newer Dodge quad cab dually(great 'cause mine is a dually) with of course the HO cummins diesel. I was actually coming through an intersection going to turn left, and saw some over cab lights coming at me, I knew it had to be a heavy duty truck. I saw his opposite blinker come on and he was coming my way. I waited to see what kind of truck it was and if it had the standard visual upgrade(exhaust). It did. Great I thought we pulled up to a light, him in the far left me far right. He had no idea what I had in mind, so I romped it for a few seconds leaving everyone in a cloud of smoke to give him a clue. I see him accelerate towards me and I ease it up a little. I ended up getting stuck behind a car and he passed me in the middle lane and stopped at the light. I moved over right behind him. Light turns green he is on smoke everywhere, turns out he was driving a manual tranny. I wait about a second or two so I don't rear end him, then I give all my trucks got. creeped up on him and went around him on the left, all while he was wide open. All that was behind us was a full dark cumulous cloud of diesel exhaust. Another red light is coming, I think great a real launch, but it turns green as we were down to about 20mph or so. I hear him downshift, turbo spooling, and more smoke. I floored it again this time I pull twice as fast. The next red light comes we stop and I go hard at green while he eases on the accelerator to avoid another embarrassment I've wanted to run one of those for months now, and now I know which truck is faster. :burnout
Every dog has his day. We cummins guys are like the big brother program. We help out the younger underprivilaged psd and dmax boys with thier self esteem problem. You know how it is. You want a cookie?
Old 12-21-2005, 02:34 AM
Gun Nut

Send a message via AIM to Rodslinger
Jealously just isn't you Killer....

Way to go RJacks! Great story!!! :burnout
Old 12-21-2005, 05:46 AM
Conservative and Proud

WTG!!!!!!!!!

:burnout
Old 12-21-2005, 02:59 PM

Send a message via AIM to 99Smokin73Stroker Send a message via Yahoo to 99Smokin73Stroker
Way to go Rjacks. You do have quite a few good mods though. My 99 smoked my buddy's stock 03 cummins auto just on a superchip. His blew very little smoke. He got bully dog's downloader and it's just a quick if not a littler quicker than mine now but it doesn't smoke a whole lot more. That other dodge you raced might have had a TST box to make the smoke, but those high power smoke blowin TST chips are meant for staged turbos and he for sure didn't have those!
Old 12-21-2005, 05:23 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by powerstrokekiller
Every dog has his day. We cummins guys are like the big brother program. We help out the younger underprivilaged psd and dmax boys with thier self esteem problem. You know how it is. You want a cookie?
People will say anything to bring you down. Like I said in my first line, I wasn't trying to bash anyone with a Cummins. My first race against another diesel was a 2000 Cummins reg. cab, wuth stacks and Rolling Big Power stickers all over it. He slowly pulled me from a dead stop with a manual tranny until he missed third and I went by. At the next light he told me he was @ 546HP at the wheels, I was impressed. So you see I don't care if another truck beats me its all fun, I just wanted to see how my truck stacks against the new diesels.
Old 12-21-2005, 06:20 PM

Send a message via AIM to 99Smokin73Stroker Send a message via Yahoo to 99Smokin73Stroker
Yeah i'm pretty much the same way. I'm a diesel lover, not just gung ho on one engine. Don't get me wrong, I do love my PSD. I would also love to have an old 12v cummins, or a 1st gen 24v and bomb it. The only time I really knock on another diesel is when it's someone driving one of those super sorry slow 6.2 or 6.5 gm diesels of old! But I always have respect for any other PSD, Cummins, and the duras. I don't like to lose, but I do enjoy seeing what I can do versus other trucks too. The only things limiting me from actually being a better competitor are my intake and tranny.
Old 12-22-2005, 02:18 AM
Gun Nut

Send a message via AIM to Rodslinger
I'm with you guys - diesels rock and I'm by no means prejudice about the manufacturer that I blow black smoke over as I'm going by.
Old 12-22-2005, 03:14 AM

Send a message via AIM to powerstrokekiller
Quote:
Originally Posted by Rodslinger
I'm with you guys - diesels rock and I'm by no means prejudice about the manufacturer that I blow black smoke over as I'm going by.
AMEN BRUTHA
Old 12-25-2005, 07:53 PM

Send a message via AIM to IC SMOKE Send a message via MSN to IC SMOKE
nice nice.... Im up for a road trip. my area is calm no psd/dmax/cummins to play with a few roll thru the area with exhaust tips but nobody wants to play. Im not advertising my upgrades on the truck just a few cummins badges and "turbodieselregister.com" decals on the windows. Maybe the 6" tip backed by 5" pipe turns them off?!

Ive had a few 6oh-no's try to play. I give them credit!!

I smoked out a 3rd gen cummins as he was tailgating but everyone knows not to tailgage a bombed truck!! ya know whats going to happen!!!

Ian
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Ford Powerstroke Diesel Forum forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.
Email Address:

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.