"Flash light drags" - Ford Powerstroke Diesel Forum
Kill Stories A place to share Hot Rodding lies...er we mean stories.

Powerstroke.org is the premier Diesel Truck Forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 07-28-2008, 12:33 AM
Compression Ignition Addict

Feedback Score: 0 reviews
"Flash light drags"

Well today at our local air port they had some drag races. They were flashlight drags with a girl pullin the trigger on the light and lights set up at the 1/8 mile to show the winner at the end. Last year I took the mustang up but figured I would take the stroke this year I was pleasantly surprised with how it ran had it on the Extreme street tune from Innovative and it did great so the list goes

05 Cummins Predator tuner with power puck and nitrous and stacks. Run 1 No NOS Killed him by a lot of lengths Run 2 he turned on the nos and I still beat him by about 3 lengths.

03-04 F-250 6.0 He said he had a intake ,exhaust, studs, and a studded tune from eric at innovative. It was leveled on 35's I beat him by maybe a foot. It was an awesome race and he was a pretty cool dude.

03-4 Dirty max. Guy said he had a banks six gun, intake, and exhaust. First run he ran on level 4 and I crushed him. He said he wanted to turn his box up and go again so. Run 2 Same result but it was closer probably 3 lengths

07 Civic SI haha Killed it , kid broke em loose off the line and it was all she wrote.

01 Mustang GT with full bolt ons and gears. I killed it bad but he said it wouldnt shift out of first (auto)

6.0L GTO stick with intake and exhaust. This was my only loss of the day, the girl hit the light before I had the turbo spooled and the smoke cleared out I bogged but still had two lengths on him but he reeled me in and finished me off.

99-04 Mustang 4.6 5spd with intake exhaust cam gears etc. He said he runs a 13.1 consistant I got a great launch and pulled a bunch of lengths on him and ended up beating him by about a foot. If it was 1/8 mile plus 20ft he would have had me.

So all in all it was a great day I didnt break anything so I am happy. there were two trucks there I didnt run one was a 08 6.4 Stroke with the Spartan 250 tune and exhaust. He said he beat the other 6.0 by a few lengths but we didnt get to go.
also there was a guy with a red cummins with a big single, injectors, water meth etc. It was a VP44 truck but he said low to mid 11's are we he runs. I saw it take out a new Z06 and a number of other fast cars so I decided to sit our race out Haha Sorry for such a long post
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 07-28-2008, 12:46 AM

Sounds like a good time. Glad to hear you ran so well!
Old 07-28-2008, 03:45 AM

sounds like it was a good time. i was gonna go up but i worked the graveyard shift and couldn't get my but out of bed
Old 07-28-2008, 04:19 AM
My 6OH Hates Me

Feedback Score: 1 reviews
Sounds like a blast
Old 07-28-2008, 11:22 AM

Send a message via AIM to jhaddox
was the guy driving the cummins around 50ish? i think i may have seen him hanging around pittsburgh raceway park when ive been up there making passes...he has one quick truck
Old 07-28-2008, 03:01 PM

Yeah I would say he is in his late 50's It was red with a grey bottom. Really nice and clean truck as well as fast.

Smoke, do you ever run around down in altoona with your truck around plank rd? Maybe with another guy in a red cummins with bull haulers?
Old 07-28-2008, 08:41 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Farmertom390 View Post
Yeah I would say he is in his late 50's It was red with a grey bottom. Really nice and clean truck as well as fast.

Smoke, do you ever run around down in altoona with your truck around plank rd? Maybe with another guy in a red cummins with bull haulers?
i'm actually down in that area of atloona about every week and i know the truck that you're talking about but i've never met the guy. i'd like to know what he has done though. do you frequent altoona much?
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Ford Powerstroke Diesel Forum forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.
Email Address:

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.