F350 Dually VS. Nissan Armada VS. Cop - Ford Powerstroke Diesel Forum
Kill Stories A place to share Hot Rodding lies...er we mean stories.

Powerstroke.org is the premier Diesel Truck Forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 10-18-2013, 07:55 PM

Feedback Score: 0 reviews
F350 Dually VS. Nissan Armada VS. Cop

So...I've been hot-rodding my truck around a lot lately after I got the new FICM/Tune..

Straight piped...it sounds awesome!

My truck is an 04 F350, Crew Cab, Long Bed, Dually...its a BIG HEAVY truck...anyways...at the light...see him wanting it so I bring the RPMs up to 1500...light turns green and I'm GONE...I hear his tires peeling out...he's WAY back there...(I'm probably doing 45-50mph in a 40mph by now)..I start passing my old high school..there's a football game going on so I slow down *even though the speed limit is still 45*...get down to about 30mph...I hit the gas (not breaking the speed limit...but getting up there LOUDLY)...just cuz I know the kids around the area love cars/trucks..

Look behind me and there is a Police Chevy Tahoe...red and blues going..I pull over and he stops behind me...walks up, asks if I was in a hurry...politely replied no...

He told me that spinning the tires is considered exhibition of speed...I explained that it was the Armada spinning the tires...he asked if I had any warrants, I again politely replied "No sir."

My tags are expired as of May 2013 (still haven't got new stickers..although I believe it's registered *I did pay the renewal* just the smog station probably never gave them the data..which is a common problem right now)

Officer came back, told me that the football game causes a lot of people to walk around and that I should be more careful and slow down...

Anyways, nice officer, I ended up looking like the idiot cuz I got pulled over...but I still beat the Armada lol...Police do their job..and had he given me a ticket, it would have been no ones fault but my own...
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 10-19-2013, 09:00 PM
Compression Ignition Addict

I like how you respect the fact that the officer was doing his job. So many of the kids I know around here blame them for pulling you over and giving them a ticket for speeding, like it's their fault for doing there job.
Old 10-20-2013, 06:44 AM
DERAIL MOD!!!

Feedback Score: 4 reviews
Glad you can win and respect the rules, to bad winning looks like your spinning tires lol, where the hell did the armada go?

My dad got a speeding ticket the other week and still blames the cops for pulling him over lol, and I told him it was his fault and he would just get madder about it
Old 10-20-2013, 10:28 AM

lol..I never understood that..why people blame cops when they get caught braking the law...I always fight with people about it...

This is a common topic... ---> When you break the rules, it's your fault...no matter what...A cop sitting behind a wall to catch speeders is NOT entrapment....they aren't forcing you to speed...they caught you speeding because you didn't know they were there..its your fault and your fault only...it's not their job to be seen so you can stop braking the law until your out of sight...

I know it's not legal to race someone on public roads...it's illegal...I got caught...it's my fault...not the cops...I didn't see the cop, he was probably in the parking lot..my fault for doing something I shouldn't have been doing in the first place...

Even when I've gotten tickets...In my old Denali...or on my motorcycle...I've always owned up to being wrong...Im GLAD the cops are out there doing this...even if I slip up sometimes...

And yea...That Armada blended in with traffic...he probably saw the cop after he immediately started losing lol...it sounded like the guy just mashed the gas which is why he broke traction for so long...you don't win races sitting back at the light spinning your tires...but then again, the winner still loses if he gets pulled over...lol

*This whole story is only hypothetical though, of course... because racing is illegal and dangerous!*

Last edited by BlizzardX23; 10-20-2013 at 10:34 AM.
Old 10-21-2013, 04:32 PM
Powerstroke.org Sponsor

I was running a truck last friday at work trying to dial in a water meth kit on a local hwy by our shop and passed our local pd shooting radar. He said I was going 75 in a 55... He turned around to pursue but I was already gone. I never knew he was in pursuit...

well... I turned trip to head back and made another test hit.. this time he radar'd me at 81 in the same 55 mph area. He got up behind me this time with the blues going so I pulled into our lot. Mind you, I was still oblivious that he was even there.

He had the ticket written out in the first five minutes of being on the side of the road.. we spent 15 minutes afterwards just cracking jokes about trucks, speeding, women, etc...

only time I have been given a ticket and called stupid from the same cop and not been offended. haha

I cant even be upset about the ticket because I had such a good laugh when I was getting it.
Old 10-24-2013, 02:46 PM
Powerstroke.org Fanatic

Quote:
Originally Posted by BlizzardX23 View Post
My tags are expired as of May 2013 (still haven't got new stickers..although I believe it's registered *I did pay the renewal* just the smog station probably never gave them the data..which is a common problem right now)

Officer came back, told me that the football game causes a lot of people to walk around and that I should be more careful and slow down...
I went throught the same thing.I was told by my local DMV that the smog station tell people they send the info and my tags should be in the mail.The lady at the DMV said this in not true and the smog is only good for 60 days and if I waited another week, i would have to pay for another smog.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Ford Powerstroke Diesel Forum forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.
Email Address:

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.