Played with a Duramax. I say it was a draw. - Ford Powerstroke Diesel Forum
Kill Stories A place to share Hot Rodding lies...er we mean stories.

Powerstroke.org is the premier Diesel Truck Forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 07-11-2008, 09:36 PM
Compression Ignition Addict

Feedback Score: 0 reviews
Played with a Duramax. I say it was a draw.

Coming home tonight I pulled out from a parking lot onto the slow exit/entrance thing and I kinda blew a lil smoke to make sure a ricer would let me out and I noticed a GMC behind it, thought nothing of it. Then I pulled out and took off, blowing a lil smoke again cause I felt like it. Now it was at night and I dunno if this GMC even saw my smoke (DON'T smoke much at all, but enough to piss hippies off) or he MIGHT have heard the lope idle or if it was my big shiny tip but he was on my butt and then started to pass me and I let him (thought it was a yukon or somethin) and then he romped on it and I noticed HIS big ole tip and the loud noise once he got by then I realized, that's a Duramax and he wants to play! So I got on it and caught up to him pretty easily and whipped passed him at about 70 (blew smoke again hahaha) Then slowed down and he ripped past me again and I let him to see if he would smoke me but he didn't blow any smoke at all. So I got right up with him again and we slowed down for a red light. I had to turn onto my road and I could see him slowin down cause he wanted to race but I headed home and thought I saw him turn around... So I'm about a mile from home and I see GM lights behind me and I thought "No way is that him..." So I blew smoke and he started tailgating me ... YEP it's him he's followin me! So I went to a buddy's subdivision and went into the right turn lane preparing to be coaled and he gently passed me and honked his horn and I honked back and he held a thumbs up out the window

He did pass me but we weren't racin from a dig and he couldn't get away from me even with a head start! Not bad considering I only have intake, exhaust, and 5.6k resistor mod and still no boost fooler, not to mention I'm a dually longbed and he's a SRW shortbed AND a duramax.

It was fun. Sorry for the book lol.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 07-11-2008, 09:52 PM

Duallies are geared better than SRW 3/4 tons....you should be able to keep up if not smoke him utill about 80 or 90 mph......but nice story
Old 07-11-2008, 10:10 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by DunesRunner08 View Post
Duallies are geared better than SRW 3/4 tons....you should be able to keep up if not smoke him utill about 80 or 90 mph......but nice story
He's alot lighter though ... I mean .... he even has aluminum heads...
Old 07-11-2008, 10:15 PM

Quote:
Not necessarily. some of the powerstroke dually's have 3.73's
Old 07-11-2008, 10:15 PM

yeah a high compression motor with aluminum heads...hmmmmmmm.....gotta love that design.....lol
Old 07-11-2008, 10:20 PM

Quote:
yeah a high compression motor with aluminum heads...hmmmmmmm.....gotta love that design.....lol
YUP!

And judging by my speed:rpm and the code on the door i am pretty sure I have 4:10's.
Old 07-14-2008, 08:15 AM

HAHA its all fun and games until someones feelings get hurt... like when you smoke him. HAHA, just playin. sounds like you had a good time.
Old 07-14-2008, 08:20 AM
I don't know nuttin....

dude you need to get some custom tunes...it will blow your mind! and more smoke!
Old 07-14-2008, 11:06 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by TurboSevenThree View Post
YUP!

And judging by my speed:rpm and the code on the door i am pretty sure I have 4:10's.
I found out that I had 4.30's when I put my air bags in.. No wonder the RPM's are so high on the freeway!!
Old 07-14-2008, 11:13 AM
Blowin Smoke

My duelly has 4.10's and I can smoke just about anything on the road(within reason) up until about 80 MPH. These things were made to get up and go with an 8,000lb truck pulling a 10,000lb load. So if you're loaded light you can spank almost anything, especially a Duramaxi.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Ford Powerstroke Diesel Forum forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.
Email Address:

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.