Tundra get false hope.... - Ford Powerstroke Diesel Forum
Kill Stories A place to share Hot Rodding lies...er we mean stories.

Powerstroke.org is the premier Diesel Truck Forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.
Like Tree1Likes
  • 1 Post By madpowerstroke

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 09-29-2013, 07:28 PM
Premium Member

Feedback Score: 0 reviews
Tundra get false hope....

As many of you know I just got my truck up and running after blowing a piston in the short block. I'm still taking it easy, to break the engine in, so I won't go wide open on it. The truck is a 2004 f250 extend cab 4x4, I was get on the freeway on ramp the weather was light rain mist, so roads were wet.

I got on and a Toyota Tundra was right behind me, first time driving the truck on wet roads so I was slowly rolling into it. The Tundra was on me close so I pushed it little more and wheel spin(loss traction) I backed off and the truck shifted into overdrive. By the time I hit the end of the on ramp and was going about 50 mph I rolled into again but was under the turbo so I spewed black smoke. The Tundra went all the way left ready to pass me and started to. I was slight pissed but had to watch what I did. If I hit the throttle to much and the turbo lites off I would be sideways going off the freeway. I remained calm and just let the Tundra go as I rolled slowly, I hit about 70 mph when I was on top of the turbo and it was game time.

The Tundra was about three trucks ahead of me I punched the throttle down about 1/4 way and I was off. The Tundra got on it but I was gone, took it up to about 100 and backed off. I guess he thought he had a chance since he thought he had me before. When I slowed down to 70 again he caught up stepped on it to try to pass me with a running start.

I waited till he got right next to me and hit it to 1/4 throttle again. He got right next to me when I was gone again, but this time I went a little more then 1/4 throttle and got the truck up to the speedo peg about 115 mph. I smoked him bad, and had to get off next exit. I hope I see him again when the roads are dry, and I will kill him off the right way without him even thinking he had a chance.
Stiles likes this.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 09-29-2013, 08:46 PM
Yeah it's a Turbo Diesel

Feedback Score: 11 reviews
Nice kill! Man you need to start rolling around with a passenger and an iPhone to record these kills you do all the time dude!

Sent from AutoGuide.com App
Old 09-29-2013, 09:01 PM
Premium Member

Yeh, your right, need a passenger. I tried talking the wife into it but doesn't like to be in the truck, she doesn't even like to drive it anymore. Last time she drove it she said it was too scary, my machinist won't ride with me either, and he raced a nito car. He told me being high up, and having something that fast is not fun. I tend to agree with him, I will be taking the 5.5 lift off it and putting some 34" tires on 20's. When I drag race it when I get to near the end of track it becomes a hand full to keep straight, feels like a boat rocking in the water.
Old 09-29-2013, 09:28 PM
Yeah it's a Turbo Diesel

Feedback Score: 11 reviews
Lol well damnit, if you can't get anybody your gunna have to tape your iPhone to your forehead

Nobody can talk smack for looking like that if your beating their azz!

Old 09-30-2013, 02:54 AM
Premium Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by mts678 View Post
Lol well damnit, if you can't get anybody your gunna have to tape your iPhone to your forehead

Nobody can talk smack for looking like that if your beating their azz!

Dam good idea....lol
Old 10-01-2013, 01:24 PM
Compression Ignition Addict

Nice Kill Adrian......time for a GoPro Cam and a dash mount!
Old 10-01-2013, 04:35 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by madpowerstroke View Post
Yeh, your right, need a passenger. I tried talking the wife into it but doesn't like to be in the truck, she doesn't even like to drive it anymore. Last time she drove it she said it was too scary, my machinist won't ride with me either, and he raced a nito car. He told me being high up, and having something that fast is not fun. I tend to agree with him, I will be taking the 5.5 lift off it and putting some 34" tires on 20's. When I drag race it when I get to near the end of track it becomes a hand full to keep straight, feels like a boat rocking in the water.
What kind of 1/4 mile times does your truck run??
Old 10-01-2013, 04:55 PM

Go pro at sams club for $199. I love mine

Sent from AutoGuide.com Free App
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Ford Powerstroke Diesel Forum forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.
Email Address:

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.