Import's need to give it up! - Ford Powerstroke Diesel Forum
Kill Stories A place to share Hot Rodding lies...er we mean stories.

Powerstroke.org is the premier Diesel Truck Forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 06-02-2008, 10:05 PM

Feedback Score: 0 reviews
Import's need to give it up!

well tonight on the way home, I showed them imports a thing or do about american muscle. I just left work and going down a three lane street what do I see? A saturn ion all raced out and a honda si with fart cna exhaust and gaint wing. So I get in the far left lane and light goes green and they get on it. So do I after 100 feet they are behind me another 100ft and I have them by three truck lenghts. Next light the turn off and ran. Well now I jump on the freeway and I see a Newer tundra with 35's trying to cut me off. well Is stomp on it after he is a truck length ahead of me and real him in to catch and pass him were I stay in front on him by 3 lenghts. My trcuk is a 2007 Ford f150 with the 5.4L triton with a flowmaster exhaust. Not bad I must say for a 17 year old. I know not a diesel but I am working on it..believe me!
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 06-02-2008, 10:19 PM
Compression Ignition Addict

Quote:
Originally Posted by desert racer View Post
well tonight on the way home, I showed them imports a thing or do about american muscle. I just left work and going down a three lane street what do I see? A saturn ion all raced out and a honda si with fart cna exhaust and gaint wing. So I get in the far left lane and light goes green and they get on it. So do I after 100 feet they are behind me another 100ft and I have them by three truck lenghts. Next light the turn off and ran. Well now I jump on the freeway and I see a Newer tundra with 35's trying to cut me off. well Is stomp on it after he is a truck length ahead of me and real him in to catch and pass him were I stay in front on him by 3 lenghts. My trcuk is a 2007 Ford f150 with the 5.4L triton with a flowmaster exhaust. Not bad I must say for a 17 year old. I know not a diesel but I am working on it..believe me!
Sweet kills, just wish gas wasn't 4 bucks a gallon huh! Show them what FORD's made of! Just be careful and always check for the POlice. Around here they have completely unmarked cars sometimes, sometimes they are in regular cars, even with baby seats in the back seat to getcha.
Old 06-02-2008, 10:23 PM

Oh I work right across from a warehouse were they all have their unmarked cars so I got my eye out for them. Yeah but I feel bad for you guys at $5 a gallon..Oh well what is america do to about it? I am buying a bike to hopefully take some of the edge of filling up. Sucks when you got to swipe twice to fill it up.
Old 06-02-2008, 10:29 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by desert racer View Post
Oh I work right across from a warehouse were they all have their unmarked cars so I got my eye out for them. Yeah but I feel bad for you guys at $5 a gallon..Oh well what is america do to about it? I am buying a bike to hopefully take some of the edge of filling up. Sucks when you got to swipe twice to fill it up.
I'm gettin a Vegistroke once i get a garage.
Old 06-02-2008, 10:33 PM
Powerstroke.org Fanatic

You Live in Cali? If so bring your truck down and ill show you how a real import is built. I hate it when people bash on imports. No offense but your 5.4l f150 is nothing, if it were a newer import for example a 2006+ civic si and a good driver i guarantee you wouldnt have a chance. Second if it were a 5.7l tundra guarantee you wouldnt pass him up either. Dont want to start a e-fight just stating the facts.

Last edited by stev3-o; 06-02-2008 at 10:34 PM. Reason: gramar
Old 06-02-2008, 11:05 PM

Feedback Score: 1 reviews
Quote:
Originally Posted by stev3-o View Post
You Live in Cali? If so bring your truck down and ill show you how a real import is built. I hate it when people bash on imports. No offense but your 5.4l f150 is nothing, if it were a newer import for example a 2006+ civic si and a good driver i guarantee you wouldnt have a chance. Second if it were a 5.7l tundra guarantee you wouldnt pass him up either. Dont want to start a e-fight just stating the facts.

ill drive right down there and slap a mufler on your car. thatll teach you!
Old 06-03-2008, 12:52 AM

Nice kills but I have to agree with the gentle men above. I know this is a truck forum and god love our Powerstrokes, but dam* it man. I love both worlds. Most of them on the road ARE fart cans and wanna bees. BUT run across a real, tuned import and I think you will be surprise at the capability they have.

Maybe I am just blabin on but if I was on one of my import forums and someone said something about trucks, I would stand my ground on it just as fast.
Old 06-03-2008, 01:08 AM

those thundras arent big deals. ooh 381 hp stock! when infact there actually putting to the wheels around 320-325 thats almost 60HP short. HP sells cars and torque wins races aint that right fellow strokers. especially when where talking fullsize low end grunt work vehicles. give me a tow tune and I will walk all over them all day long in a 6.0. I do not get how anyone can call a thundra a work truck. it is severly lacking in key areas such a frame strength tow hook location reports of ams snapping.

The thundra is a well endowed man who can't perform in the bedroom. if you can't use it where it counts who gives a **** how big it is?

and they don't make anymore good imports. the only good ones came from the early 90s to around 2002. 300zx Supra's Skyline's 3000GT's the AWD DSM's NSX etc etc. yeah they got the new GT-R but 90K is to much to qualify as just a import. thats dodge viper corvette Ford GT territory.

and half the time its the "tuners" who put those big @sswings and stupid decals on and have no clue how to turn a wrench under the hood that give imports a bad name and the whole boy racer thing that go's with it.
Old 06-03-2008, 01:14 AM

Feedback Score: 1 reviews
Quote:
Originally Posted by AWD Bare View Post
Nice kills but I have to agree with the gentle men above. I know this is a truck forum and god love our Powerstrokes, but dam* it man. I love both worlds. Most of them on the road ARE fart cans and wanna bees. BUT run across a real, tuned import and I think you will be surprise at the capability they have.

Maybe I am just blabin on but if I was on one of my import forums and someone said something about trucks, I would stand my ground on it just as fast.
you need a new mufler too!

I keep hearing all this garbage about how tuners can make all of this power blah blah with all of that technology yall still cant design an exhaust that sounds good!

Im sorry but I will never respect any vehicle that sounds like a model air plane! with some one behind the wheel that learned how to drive playing grand theft auto on the play station!
Old 06-03-2008, 01:58 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by stev3-o View Post
I just dont like imports because they are TINY inside. The german imports are nice though. But when I think of a race car a honda, vw, or anything running on 4 cylinders definately doesn't come to my mind
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Ford Powerstroke Diesel Forum forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.
Email Address:

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.