My 1st kill in the Stroke - Ford Powerstroke Diesel Forum
Kill Stories A place to share Hot Rodding lies...er we mean stories.

Powerstroke.org is the premier Diesel Truck Forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 05-23-2008, 07:44 PM
Compression Ignition Addict

Feedback Score: 0 reviews
My 1st kill in the Stroke

well i lined my truck up for the first time tonight. My buddy is a big ricer guy and has a late-90's honda. This thing is hardcore riced out. The usual CAI, fart can, and big tach. Well it also has a NOS fogger but he didnt have any NOS tonight. Has a header and its lowered, the interior is all redone to match the putside color (lime green lol). Its a 1.6L 4 cyl. Well enough about the ricer. We decided to race and headed out to a back road. ran them twice both with the same result. I won by around 5 to6 car lentghs after a 1/2 mile or so. right off the line it was pretty even but once the turbo spooled I was long gone. To give him credit he was not one of those typical rice drivers. before the race he said, "dude i rode in a few diesels and I know what those things can do. You're probably gunna kick my azz." Well... thats what happened.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 05-23-2008, 08:05 PM
<--Pro Cooler Racer

Send a message via Skype™ to DKR
Nice!! Gotta admit, at least he gave the diesel credit, BEFORE you handed his azz to him!
Old 05-23-2008, 08:07 PM

Well I hate to tell you but your in trouble now it only takes one time and your addicted it doesn't matter what pulls up next to you you want to race it congrats on the kill man.
Old 05-23-2008, 08:21 PM

sweet
Old 05-23-2008, 08:21 PM
KVFD

Send a message via MSN to redstroker_2002
Hey Congrats on the kill!! I agree totally with Eric
Old 05-24-2008, 04:26 AM
Mod Newbie

Feedback Score: 2 reviews
Quote:
Originally Posted by GM Duraturd View Post
well i lined my truck up for the first time tonight. My buddy is a big ricer guy and has a late-90's honda. This thing is hardcore riced out. The usual CAI, fart can, and big tach. Well it also has a NOS fogger but he didnt have any NOS tonight. Has a header and its lowered, the interior is all redone to match the putside color (lime green lol). Its a 1.6L 4 cyl. Well enough about the ricer. We decided to race and headed out to a back road. ran them twice both with the same result. I won by around 5 to6 car lentghs after a 1/2 mile or so. right off the line it was pretty even but once the turbo spooled I was long gone. To give him credit he was not one of those typical rice drivers. before the race he said, "dude i rode in a few diesels and I know what those things can do. You're probably gunna kick my azz." Well... thats what happened.
Nice kill bud. Guess the truck is doing good with the new trans.
Old 05-24-2008, 07:39 AM

yeah the trans is doing awesome. I might be putting a Edge Evolution in it cause a guy in town bought 2 off of ebay for cheap and he has a 96 reg cab 4x4, basically same truck as mine. Took me for a ride and man it was way different than the Banks I have now. He only wants $200 and the box has never been opened. I dont know though I still owe my dad about $2,000 on the truck so he dont get to happy if I put $$$ into it thats not "totally needed" (like the tranny)
Old 05-24-2008, 08:07 AM
Mod Newbie

Feedback Score: 2 reviews
Quote:
Originally Posted by GM Duraturd View Post
yeah the trans is doing awesome. I might be putting a Edge Evolution in it cause a guy in town bought 2 off of ebay for cheap and he has a 96 reg cab 4x4, basically same truck as mine. Took me for a ride and man it was way different than the Banks I have now. He only wants $200 and the box has never been opened. I dont know though I still owe my dad about $2,000 on the truck so he dont get to happy if I put $$$ into it thats not "totally needed" (like the tranny)
I here that. Let me know if you are going to get rid of the Banks module. I have a friend that might be interesrted. He wants a little more power to pull his camper. Glad everything is going good with the truck now.
Old 05-24-2008, 08:08 AM

Yeah I will be sure to let you know. Thats one thing I was thinking about was of anyone who might want the Banks if I do get the edge. I plugged the Edge into my trck to test it out but It said "error - other module detected - unable to program." I take it its just not stackable with the Banks?
Old 05-24-2008, 08:15 AM

I have had a banks big hoss and liked it alot. it was on level 4 and i out ran one after the other with evolution. The only reson that i dont use the big hoss is $$$ fuel. so i go a 6 positon ts so i can turn the setting down when i dont need it. but now its sent out to tony wildman to be reburned for the mods that i have in my tuck.
p.s. if you have a welder the i would recomend cutting out the warm up valve did that about 6 months ago and made little more boost but the big thins was that it would build easyer and faster. i also love the new sound that i makes with a strait pipe
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Ford Powerstroke Diesel Forum forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.
Email Address:

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.