Ford Powerstroke Diesel Forum banner

Killed a CR-V, literally!!!!!!!

2K views 18 replies 16 participants last post by  Marty 
#1 ·
So me and my girl were going to the beach the other night. She, yes she, I know keep your comments to yourself, went to pass a Honda CR-V when the Honda decided to make a left turn right in front of us. We were running between 60 and 70. Needless to say the CR-V didnt fair very well. Neither did Lil Red. The insurance company said total loss. So now the search is on for a new truck. I think I found one all ready though. It is an 03 4 door dually Centinnal edition. The only thing is its a sics-ohhh. It has 159000 miles but that doesnt really bother me as bad as the 6.0. By the way, I am fine, she fractured 3 ribs, and the other driver has a broken collar bone. I will try to get some pics up soon.

#4 ·
Total loss? Man, that really sucks, that was a badazz truck.:( Glad to see no one got killed, trucks can be replaced, people can't. Hope ya find a new truck and make it as nice as the old one. Or maybe better.:thumb:

#5 ·
Don't worry its gonna be better and faster and pull harder.

#6 ·
The worst part is the injectors, turbo, and BTS tranny is gone. My insurance company doesnt sell the owner the truck back either. They gave me the auction adress and phone number so I can try to get it back from them but you hav to have a dealer license or have a friend in the biz. Im gonna try and get it back so we'll see. All the aftermarket stuff will be worth getting it back.

#8 ·
Glad nobody was seriously injured TJ. Hate to hear the truck was a total loss.

#9 ·
man that sux tj. hopefully you can get your stuff back.

#11 ·
Guess I have to bite the bullit and get me a 6.0 now. I wanted an 08 but after I built the one I would have to have, it aint lookin pretty. Gotta get a used one.

#12 ·
Hey man,
The only way the insurance company is allowed to keep the aftermarket stuff on your truck is if you had a policy on those particular items. If all they're reimbursing you for is for an 03 F250 and none of the aftermarket stuff, that can't keep it and you are well within your rights to fight it. They may want for you to furbish the OEM parts and so that's the only kicker. This is a great lesson learned for everyone else. If you've done fancy stuff to your ride, let your insurance company know to see if they will provide you with additional coverage. I know American Family does. Sorry for the loss though man. That was one tough truck.

#15 ·
Damn, TJ. Sorry to hear about your truck. Here's hoping you get yourself one of the good 6.0L's!!!

#16 ·
if its not a good one it will be I just got off the phone with TJ and he is going to have it studded, EGR delete and alot of other stuff right away that thing wioll be bad azz in a hurry knowing TJ and after all the crap he talked about 6.0s he is really eating crow now :doh: but hey at least its a :icon_ford: if you do what you say you are going to do that thing should be bullet proof and I hope you get that truck hey man if you don't find a dealer I have a buddy that is owns a dealership here in town I will talk to him and see if he will help let me know if you need him he is an great guy

#19 ·
Man that sucks!

If you could, you could swap that tranny, turbo, and injectors with a buddy who has all stock stuff and make several grand or better! Would make a serious down payment on the new(er) truck!

Oh that's right, put them in your 99!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Man, I hope you get that truck back, convert your 99 to auto!

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.