3000GT...... - Ford Powerstroke Diesel Forum
Kill Stories A place to share Hot Rodding lies...er we mean stories.

Powerstroke.org is the premier Diesel Truck Forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 05-01-2008, 02:27 PM
Compression Ignition Addict

Feedback Score: 0 reviews
3000GT......

Well last night me and my cousin are on our way home. We were cruisin down the highway in Stage 2 going about 65 when a 3000GT gets on, hes in the merging lane and shoots over 2 lanes right in front of me. So i flip over to stage 3 get in the last lane and :burnout blow some coal in his face. After getting about 3 car lengths on him i pull into the next lane in front of him and slow down. He switches lanes and gets right up next to me, I have my window down and so does he, i look over as he stays next to me for about 1/8th but wont turn to look at me. As soon as i heard his fart cans start to scream i nailed it. almost immediatly i pulled away and got ahead about 3 lengths and let off, i slowed down n waited to see if he was gonna do a flyby or something but after getting to my rear quarter panel he slows down and gets behind me for about a 1 mile, and then i thought " Crap, please dont let it be an offduty or undercover cop". but he took the next exit.

IDK if he just didnt know how to drive or what, but i was under the impression that the 3000 GT had more in it.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 05-01-2008, 02:28 PM
Let's Run'em

Feedback Score: 2 reviews
Send a message via AIM to TwinTurboStroker
Quote:
Originally Posted by stang_1973 View Post
Well last night me and my cousin are on our way home. We were cruisin down the highway in Stage 2 going about 65 when a 3000GT gets on, hes in the merging lane and shoots over 2 lanes right in front of me. So i flip over to stage 3 get in the last lane and :burnout blow some coal in his face. After getting about 3 car lengths on him i pull into the next lane in front of him and slow down. He switches lanes and gets right up next to me, I have my window down and so does he, i look over as he stays next to me for about 1/8th but wont turn to look at me. As soon as i heard his fart cans start to scream i nailed it. almost immediatly i pulled away and got ahead about 3 lengths and let off, i slowed down n waited to see if he was gonna do a flyby or something but after getting to my rear quarter panel he slows down and gets behind me for about a 1 mile, and then i thought " Crap, please dont let it be an offduty or undercover cop". but he took the next exit.

IDK if he just didnt know how to drive or what, but i was under the impression that the 3000 GT had more in it.
So did I......but i guess not....nice kill
Old 05-01-2008, 02:44 PM
Premium Member

If it was just the 3000 GT they are quite pathetic. V6 front wheel drive. If it was a GT VR4 then it would be a different story. same V6, but twin turbo and AWD. Still a good kill as it was a ricer, and as we all know they suck.
Old 05-01-2008, 03:04 PM
PIPE HITTER

I used to own one, well 2 actually, my wife drove an 3000SL, 5 speed, complete turd. Mine was a VR4, twin turbo all wheel drive, before it lost a rod bearing I managed an 11.9x out of it, but could never back it up. It would go 12.1x all day long with a little N2o and 12.4x off the bottle. That was stock turbos, stock fuel, and stock internals. Most everything else was the usual bolt ons. I liked the car a lot, but it was SOFT, it broke, ALOT and it was not cheap to fix, esp. the tranny, to this day I cringe when I hear Getrag

I never ran the wifes car, but from what I gathered from other SL owners, they were 16.00 plus cars, at best. All 220 flywheel HP of them....

Me in the far lane at HRP

Don't laugh, it was a LONG time ago, and bras were still cool, well sorta....

Old 05-01-2008, 03:05 PM

Yeah, the base model 3000gt is big Turd.

The VR4 however, is quite nice, as far as quickness goes
Old 05-01-2008, 03:40 PM

yea, I kind of like the VR4's but I heard with the AWD it makes it pretty heavy and it loses its handling edge...
Old 05-01-2008, 03:42 PM
PIPE HITTER

Quote:
Originally Posted by 99SMOKR View Post
yea, I kind of like the VR4's but I heard with the AWD it makes it pretty heavy and it loses its handling edge...
heavy YES, but the earier ones like mine had 4 wheel steering as well, and the dreaded active aero spoiler that raised up after about 40MPH, mine did really well.
Old 05-02-2008, 06:37 AM

Well it was prolly just a regular GT, perhaps with the usual ricer mods. My buddy had one a loooooong time ago and thats why i remember them being quick, he prolly had the vr4, i didnt know much bout cars back then but i did witness him dust a Z28 once.
Old 05-02-2008, 06:59 AM

Send a message via MSN to mikeslegers
nice kill. He should have known better before lining up his ricer
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Ford Powerstroke Diesel Forum forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.
Email Address:

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.