Ford Powerstroke Diesel Forum banner

Raced a cummins!

1K views 5 replies 6 participants last post by  99SMOKR 
#1 · (Edited)
Raced a 05 Dodge crew cab short box. Lifted sitting on 35s with a pillar guages and stock exhaust.

I saw it pull up behind me in my rear view mirror. I saw the guages so i was like what the hell and took off hard pushing black on the dodge. (were both on the highway) Then let off around the speedlimit. Then the dodge flew by pushing black on me and then let off after about 20 seconds letting me catch up.

I caught up and we went side by side, I mashed the gas and held the brake then took off. I started pulling and my buddy started saying "your beating a dodge" repeatly. Then just as i was about to shift into 5th buddy in the dodge dropped the hammer. IT TOOK OFF LIKE A JET!!! it was like i Hit the brakes hard. The thing just raped me. I had it floored and that dodge was hauling big time. It had no problem leaving me behind. I tryed a few more times againist him for fun. And of couse lost every time. It was fast it took off like(if not faster)then my buddys 550rwhp chevy 1500 454 SS supercharged.

Later on when we both hit a red light we had a quick talk. I asked whats done to his truck. He said "everying". Originally i thought BS. Because the exhaust tail pipe is stock size. He also said i was the alot faster then any other powerstrokes hes raced and held up alot better. Then the next day I saw him again but this was at the local drag strip. He was parked so i came up and asked him whats done. He poped the hood, The beast was twin turbo putting down 725hp to the wheels then he showed me the 200shot of nos that would make it 925wrhp. He said he has never used it before cause nothing has made him use it before. And when he raced me His programmer was on Level 4 out of 9 when he raced me. He was going for a sleeper look. the exhaust was all 4" to the stock visible part of the tail pipe. The rig sure hauled. I need a cummins!!!

See less See more
#3 ·
Well that's sweet that you held up so well. 925hp jeeeez.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.