My WTF?! of the week... - Ford Powerstroke Diesel Forum
Kill Stories A place to share Hot Rodding lies...er we mean stories.

Powerstroke.org is the premier Diesel Truck Forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 09-27-2006, 03:23 PM
HardLuck Case of the Year

Feedback Score: 0 reviews
Send a message via AIM to Ditty Send a message via Yahoo to Ditty
My WTF?! of the week...

Just to make a disclaimer here... I am a Dodge Neon owner as well as a PSD owner. I tend to give Neon owners a little more respect than I do other Sport Compact car owners. This is a little happening from last night involving a Neon (SRT-4) and my truck.

Last night about 7:30-ish, me and a buddy were cruising up MD 29 north from Columbia to Ellicott City. We were doing about 60-65 following traffic and b.s.ing on our way to "Da Bench". Then, out of friggin' nowere, this kid in a red SRT-4 tries to crawl under my truck doing what I thought looked like over 100mph. I was forced to swerve just to keep us from flipping over. This guy was about 2-3 inches from getting inbetween the drivers side wheels. So, me being a little hot-headed when my road-rage kicks in, I drop 'ol Brisco into 4th and put the hammer down. I'm bound and determined to catchup with this idiot and bash his face in. Durring all of this my buddy goes from, "...and that was the second time I got the clap." to "DUDE, catch up...we're gonna kill that F-er!" Thank GOD traffic was terrible. I was still excellerating when all of the sudden, the SES light starts blinking and then stays on. I start backing it down while my buddy is bouncing in the pass. seat banging his hand on the door. We cruise to normal speed as my temper is lowering and I start to calm down a little. Not a word is spoken in the truck.

After we get our beers at "Da Bench" my friend turns to me and says, "Ditty, could we have died back there?" I explain that given our speed and the approximate angle that the SRT-4 would have hit my wheels, if I had not swerved, there is a pretty good likelyhood we could have flipped, and at 60-65 MPH, it would not have been pretty. We decide to chalk it up to desteny and drink some beers b/c you never know when it's going to be your day.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 09-27-2006, 03:27 PM
Jon

Man!

You'll get him don't worry. Whats wrong with ol' brisco?
Old 09-27-2006, 03:32 PM

Dunno...the SES light went off about 3 mins after it came on. Haven't seen it again. I'm thinking I got the EGT's up too high for a min. I was going up a slight grade in 4th with the peddle on the ground and boost hitting 25-26psi. I glanced at the EGT's when I backed off and they were at about 800. (My probe is after the turbo. I know I should put it before, but I didn't want to pull the manifold)
Old 09-27-2006, 03:33 PM
im fat and ugly

maybe youll catch that punk another round and
Old 09-27-2006, 03:36 PM
Jon

A wise man once said...

it is possible to drill and tap the Drivers side manifold with it still on. That's what I'm gonna do.
Old 09-27-2006, 04:04 PM

I was thinking about doing that and leaving my current one in....having pre and post turbo EGT readings....But I don't really want to take the risk of getting the shavings into the turbo....but....If I were to buy a NEW turbo...I could do it when I put that on.
Old 09-27-2006, 04:07 PM
Jon

Cover

your drillbit with grease before you start drilling. It should collect 99% of the shavings.
Old 09-30-2006, 06:11 PM

Thanks for the tips on drilling the manifold. I'm going to have to hold off on it for a little bit. Spending some big $$$ on upper/lower ball joint, alignment and new tires. The 36" TSL SSR radials are getting TORN up with the front out of whack and they suck in the rain with the crappy roads here in MD. Can't wait to see how the BFG AT's perform in the slush this winter.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Ford Powerstroke Diesel Forum forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.
Email Address:

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.