SRT4's are persistent! - Ford Powerstroke Diesel Forum
Kill Stories A place to share Hot Rodding lies...er we mean stories.

Powerstroke.org is the premier Diesel Truck Forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 04-20-2013, 09:21 PM
Premium Member

Feedback Score: 3 reviews
SRT4's are persistent!

So we were headed up north to pick up my 08 mirrors. We're in a 70 mph zone and I'm cruising along at about 76, in the left hand lane, minding my own business. All of a sudden this blue neon with a huge wing, gold wheels and srt4 badges all over it jumps in front of me and is only doing about 65. He's about 5 car lengths ahead and obviously sees me coming, and holds his ground. So I move into the right lane, go around him and go on about my trip. Here he comes, right up on the rear bumper, I speed up he speeds up. We come upon a little bit of traffic, I go around a few slower cars that are traveling in the left lane, he's right on my tail still. I bump the speed up to a touch over 80, there he is! WHAT IS IT WITH THIS GUY?!?! I move into the right lane and slow back down to 75 or so to give him a chance to pass. He slowly moves up next to me and just stays there. I've got a big rig in my lane coming up in a few hundred yards and this moron right next to me, so I decide to put my foot in it, he does the same. My turbo is screaming and we're leaving him behind. I wasn't paying much attention to my speed and I'm watching the truck in front of my and this moron in the neon. When I finally do look down, my speedo is coming down from 110. This moron tried the same move with me 3 or 4 times over the next 30 miles or so. I have no idea what the guys issue with me was, but he must've really liked seeing my tailgate through some smoke
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 04-20-2013, 09:39 PM
Banned

Feedback Score: 10 reviews
He was probably stock lol. Still don't know why he would try it with a truck. I'm still bugging my cousin to line his STI up against my truck lol. When I had my turbo charged Eclipse I ran on his old SRT-4 all day long but he started building it after I got rid of my Eclipse and then started talking chit. I do have to admit that after it was built it was pretty damn fast but still nowhere near the power these monsters make. Lol I think he is scared to have a almost 10k lb truck stomp his pwetty whittle suby. Lol. Good kill John.
Old 04-20-2013, 09:43 PM
Premium Member

Feedback Score: 3 reviews
Quote:
Originally Posted by Tuscany View Post
He was probably stock lol. Still don't know why he would try it with a truck. I'm still bugging my cousin to line his STI up against my truck lol. When I had my turbo charged Eclipse I ran on his old SRT-4 all day long but he started building it after I got rid of my Eclipse and then started talking chit. I do have to admit that after it was built it was pretty damn fast but still nowhere near the power these monsters make. Lol I think he is scared to have a almost 10k lb truck stomp his pwetty whittle suby. Lol. Good kill John.
He was really shocked when I just walked away from him. I really don't know what the dude's deal was. Se was basically being a hemorrhoid, on my azz and annoying the hell out of me All I know is, after about 68mph, my truck loves to run up to as fast as I'll let it. A few times a looked down and said "damn truck, slow down, you don't need to be doing 90"
Old 04-20-2013, 10:35 PM
Compression Ignition Addict

Feedback Score: 0 reviews
Quote:
Originally Posted by Tuscany View Post
Good kill OP haha. could your truck really take an STi with whats done to it? those things are FAST.....
Old 04-21-2013, 12:00 AM
Banned

Feedback Score: 10 reviews
On a 1/4 mile I think mine would take his STI now in 1.2 mile hell no. I know I would get him out of the hole and he would be playing catch up the entire 1/4 mile and I don't think his STI has enough grunt to get there.
Old 04-21-2013, 01:14 AM

Feedback Score: 1 reviews
To understand what happened you have to know a bit about SRT-4 owners... even in the import world, they have a stereotype that isn't very flattering. Not every SRT-4 owner fits the type, but a majority of the cars were bought by high school kids, and you know how that goes.

If you want to troll a SRT-4 owner, and have power windows in a crew cab, just cycle the rear windows up and down a few times. SRT-4 owners will get the joke lol
Old 04-21-2013, 06:48 AM

haha they will get pissed about that. and make sure u go past halfway down too.
Old 04-21-2013, 07:07 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by dt23400 View Post
haha they will get pissed about that. and make sure u go past halfway down too.
What does it mean???
Old 04-21-2013, 07:13 AM

If I recall from my buddies car the rear windows only go half way down.

Sent from AutoGuide.com Free App
Old 04-21-2013, 07:13 AM

And they're not power in the rear.

Sent from AutoGuide.com Free App
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Ford Powerstroke Diesel Forum forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.
Email Address:

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.