stock 02 vs. ricers - Ford Powerstroke Diesel Forum
Kill Stories A place to share Hot Rodding lies...er we mean stories.

Powerstroke.org is the premier Diesel Truck Forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 04-02-2013, 03:27 PM
Premium Member

Feedback Score: 0 reviews
stock 02 vs. ricers

ok so my 7.3 isnt totally stock but all it has done is an intake but i think the 2-300lbs of extra weight in the bed makes up a little. so me and i buddy went "cruising" up and down this street in Fort collins. everyone who thinks they got a fast loud or just plain cool car or truck shows up doing lap after lap after lap. we didnt figure we were going to race anybody or anything like that we just wanted to check out the scenery. so an hour or two in all the diesels start to leave but we hang out cause theres still some nice American muscle starting to show up. anyways, we come up to a red light adn before i know it theres two ricers in the lanes next to me one on the left one on the right. they rev there engines and i hear that sickening weed wacker/lawn mower sound they get coming out of those fart cans. one was a riced out 90s mustang with graffiti all over the side and the other was a beat up old honda civic, both with the signature fart can on the rear end draggin on the ground. i figure "hey why not? i might lose to the mustang but the civic should be easy pickings" just then the light turns from red to green and i romp on it. the mustang gives a little chirp then stalls out and the civic is maybe just behind my crew cab or near the rear wheel. once we get through the intersection i let off (tons of cops out because they know what goes on around here) and the civic flys past me like hes accomplished something with the mustang still back where he started. it gets better though. as soon as the civic speeds through the next intersection ahead of us i see some beautiful blue and red lights. just glad it wasnt me
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 04-03-2013, 09:57 AM
Compression Ignition Addict

Ahaha thats awesome. Good work.
Old 04-03-2013, 05:08 PM
Premium Member

Thats why Im really careful now, not having tickets for speeding is a great feeling. But good kill, carefull out there.
Old 04-03-2013, 05:29 PM
Premium Member

Milton Avenue is the local cruise spot here. Same stuff. Ricers and redneck diesels trying to race at every intersection. All the decent cars don't show anymore because they'll either get smoked out by trucks or cut off by ricers. I can't drive through on a friday or saturday without being "Smoked" or cut off at least once. The only time people lay off is during the summer when I bring the sport bike out for a joy ride! 1000cc puts most anything to shame hehe.

What you have to do is find a sponsored cruise night. Culvers and A&W are two places by me that do this. They have a car show during the day and at dusk all the nice cars make a few laps and hang out. Since everyone prides their vehicles they don't do stupid things with them. Makes for a really fun night.
Old 04-03-2013, 06:10 PM
Superduty Fanatic

good kill, my 7.3 has gotten a few ricers......I like putting some black smoke right into their open window.

my buddy has a 2011 chevy with a six cylender, with dual straight pipes coming out in front of the front tire, and oh yeah souped up weed whacker for sure!
Old 04-03-2013, 09:06 PM
Premium Member

oh yeah. im definitely careful around there. most of the diesels come out earlier on when theres still a little traffic so they can smoke out cars. the ricers show up later so they can race and its great rollin down the windows and listening to some "lawn mower" races. we always say sounds like a weed wacker but pretty sure my weed eaters got more torque.
Old 04-04-2013, 06:13 AM
Compression Ignition Addict

you must live near me haha i go out and cruise college a lot, or i used to. its usually pretty good fun if youre in high school haha
Old 04-04-2013, 08:32 AM
Premium Member

yeah I'm in college and ive never really been cruisin before and my buddy is in college but hes stuck in high school mode haha. hes a great guy though
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Ford Powerstroke Diesel Forum forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.
Email Address:

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.