not so much a kill but funny - Ford Powerstroke Diesel Forum
Kill Stories A place to share Hot Rodding lies...er we mean stories.

Powerstroke.org is the premier Diesel Truck Forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 03-21-2013, 07:44 PM

Feedback Score: 0 reviews
not so much a kill but funny

Driving my wife home from work last night im cruising 65 in the left lane ( fast lane here) not realizing it when i see high beams behind me, so i continue on as my trucks big the car is small and the lane next to me is open he passes. Then the smart *** in his fancy white bettle flips me the bird and trys to pull away, I flip the switch to 100 and get right on him high beams on we take it to about 90 and I think he was at his limit. he continued to flip the bird as he pulled off wuick at the next exit, musta blown the poor guys mind to see and old Diesel on his *** with a cloud of smoke pouring out the pipe.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 03-21-2013, 08:53 PM
Premium Member

He was probably mad because his girlfriend left him for a guy on a TDI Jetta
Old 03-21-2013, 08:58 PM
Premium Member

Feedback Score: 5 reviews

Funny, yes....

But he was correct in doing what he did, you did Not!

The left lane is for Passing traffic only according to most states DMV books!
Not only is it the law, but even if it is not in your state it's just common courtesy to be in the right lane so faster traffic can pass.

Just my opinion but I HATE people driving in the left lane when I'm going faster then them... ESPECIALLY if the right lane is open.. Drive in right lane, pass in left lane.. Simple

Sent from AutoGuide.com Free App
Old 03-21-2013, 09:01 PM
Premium Member

Feedback Score: 5 reviews

What I do in those situations when I'm behind is I flash my brights a few times when pulling up to the slower car, and if it doesn't move over on purpose when all of the other lanes are free, I'll pass them get in front and give them a "little" bit of smoke to make them realize that hey, your not the only one on the road... Follow the road signs!

Old 03-21-2013, 09:09 PM
Premium Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Six0~Stroker View Post
What I do in those situations when I'm behind is I flash my brights a few times when pulling up to the slower car, and if it doesn't move over on purpose when all of the other lanes are free, I'll pass them get in front and give them a "little" bit of smoke to make them realize that hey, your not the only one on the road... Follow the road signs!

I've done that. Its mostly people on prius cars that think they own the road, I even had one block me, they just drove right next to the car next to them at 55mph when the legal limit was 75
Old 03-21-2013, 09:22 PM
Chapter Director

Feedback Score: 3 reviews
Quote:
Funny, yes....

Not only is it the law, but even if it is not in your state it's just common courtesy to be in the right lane so faster traffic can pass.

Just my opinion but I HATE people driving in the left lane when I'm going faster then them... ESPECIALLY if the right lane is open.. Drive in right lane, pass in left lane.. Simple

Not in CA, we can drive in whatever lane we want and the far left lane is the "fast lane"
Old 03-21-2013, 09:25 PM
Premium Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Fantom View Post
Not in CA, we can drive in whatever lane we want and the far left lane is the "fast lane"
Oh man, I-10 only has two lanes in New Mexico exept for about 40 miles of 3 lanes from las cruces to the border of texas. There is a lot of cars from California that drive on the "fast lane" at a slow paste. Its horrible.
Old 03-21-2013, 09:32 PM
Premium Member

It's the law in CA as well. Slower moving vehicles are to be in the right lanes. The "fast" lane is for passing only. Vehicle Code Section 21654. Just because it's not enforced, doesn't mean it's not the law. It's one of those irritating issues with me as well. Oddly, motorists in Turkey get it. It doesn't matter how fast they're going, how clear the road is, or what time of day it may be; when they see someone approaching them, they move over. You only need to flash your lights if traffic is heavy. They'll move over when they have a spot.
Old 03-21-2013, 09:34 PM
Premium Member

I think a lot of people have no idea that a 8000 lb truck is heading up their rear and flashing their lights is a good sign they should move.
Old 03-21-2013, 09:40 PM
Premium Member

Feedback Score: 2 reviews
Quote:
Funny, yes....

Oh that boils my potatoes when someone does this!!! Get in the slow lane people! Especially if you're gonna do 15-20 under the limit!
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Ford Powerstroke Diesel Forum forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.
Email Address:

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.