Geez! - Ford Powerstroke Diesel Forum
Kill Stories A place to share Hot Rodding lies...er we mean stories.

Powerstroke.org is the premier Diesel Truck Forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 08-25-2006, 09:31 AM
Gun Nut

Feedback Score: 0 reviews
Send a message via AIM to Rodslinger
Geez!

I'm on my way home yesterday and I got on it a bit on a three lane just playin - I can usually just bump it going under this overpass and being straight piped make enough noise to catch a race at the next light - BUT before I got there this guy in a newer Chevy gasser decided to show his stuff and when I went to make a point, went wot, hit my BD toggle up to extreme, completely screwed the pooch on that one, bumped it to stock - the figgin truck just bogged and I didn't have crap.
Oops!
Well that's not ganna work.....
SO he made a nice point of going from the left lane across to the right with his turn signal on - I was in the middle lane....fawker!
Anyway my windows are always down and his were too, so when I pulled up to the next light he was getting ready to turn right so I said "hey man, nice truck, you wanna run again"? He was a "kid" probably in his early 20's and he said "naw man I've gotta turn here" so I said "Aw come on man, one more run" to which he said - "alright cool!"
Sweet! Nothing like playing with someone who is cool about it.
Oh so check this out - some ricer had seen the earlier incident and is now to my left revving it - he's so small I can hardly see him! (I'm trying to talk to this kid to my right and homie the ricer is making farting noises on my left!) LOL!!!!
Anyway we're now going from a dead stop, so I locked in 4x4, bump my butt out of STOCK and into extreme, stalled her up, light turned green and......well I'm sure you can imagine the outcome this time. The kid spun, I launched like a bat outta hell, the ricer.......well the ricer is probably trading that POS for a PSD as we speak.
So I got to the next light and the road ends so the kid and I both have to turn right.....yes I politely used my turn signal to move over in front of him too, even though I had 10 truck lengths EASY. I let him catch up beside me after we turned so we could bs and when he got beside me I said - "great run man" and he asked "hey man is that turbo charged?" and I said "yeah, I saw you too late initially, floored it and knocked my chip into stock mode causing it to bog, that's why I was so flat the first time" I asked what he had and he told me whatever V-8 they put in them now day's and I told him he had a sweet ride and thanks for the race it was fun, he said the same and took off....oh and the little rev it up ricer was stuck behind us while the kid and I were BS'ing because we turned onto a two lane

I thought I'd share - it was fun, he was cool - yes we were no where near houses, babies or three legged farm animals, plus they were short runs not 100mph + races. NO I don't condone street racing......don't be like me, I don't sleep well at night after I smoke someone....oh ESPECIALLY a ricer, it's a horrible feeling.

Last edited by Rodslinger; 08-25-2006 at 09:59 AM.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 08-25-2006, 09:39 AM
Conservative and Proud

Those are the best types of races!!!!!!

Great story Alan!!!!!!
Old 08-25-2006, 09:43 AM
I don't know nuttin....

So you run it like that in 4 wheel high so you won't spin alot or what?
I wondered about that but I don't think my dually would spin alot even with your mods....ya think? I may be completely wrong but I"ll find out when i win this contest and plug in that 120 hp xzillarader!
And if I don't win it, i've got permission from mom to buy one!
Old 08-25-2006, 09:43 AM
Gun Nut

Thanks Tif - there is nothing worse than screwing up and watching a guy blow by you that you KNOW you WAY out horsed. It was cool that he diverted to play some more - I don't think he honestly thought that big ranch truck could beat his sweet V-8 Chevy.
Old 08-25-2006, 09:56 AM
Gun Nut

Quote:
Originally Posted by CHenry View Post
So you run it like that in 4 wheel high so you won't spin alot or what?
I wondered about that but I don't think my dually would spin alot even with your mods....ya think? I may be completely wrong but I"ll find out when i win this contest and plug in that 120 hp xzillarader!
And if I don't win it, i've got permission from mom to buy one!

LOL!! I know what needing that permission is like - funny I saw from another post that you and I are the same age and yet we still have to ask! LOL!!!

As far as 4x4 goes - even if I'm in stock mode, if I stand on her I'll spin tires like crazy in 2x. ANY of the performance setting it's just horrible spin. Your best bet is to launch it in 4x4 and turn it off once you're stable and through some gears. I have to be careful because I REALLY break loose through my first few gears, so if I turn it off too early (made that mistake a couple times - I literally LOST the truck shifting to third one time....that's another story) I'm horribly loose and hanging on for dear life.
Good luck with the contest buddy, I'd love to see you break that bad boy loose!
Old 08-25-2006, 10:12 AM
I don't know nuttin....

Mom = wife....not really my mother...although she would still like it if i asked her....lol
No, i can't spin em from takeoff, it will launch pretty hard but won't spin. I was in a turn once and hit it hard just as it shifted to 2nd and I chirped the rear duals and my buddy looks at me like WTF? and I just looked at him real kool like and said, its a PSD buddy, what can i say. LMAO
But, no, i can't spin em on takeoff unless the asphalt is REALLY hot and i don't have any wieght at all in the back. My 90 gallon vegi tank in back helps hold em to the pavement. Maybe if i had the straght exhaust pipe but with only mod being airaid CA intake, nope...
I would LOVE to be able to light up those duallys from the light. Except they are a little pricy to be smokin off.
Old 08-25-2006, 11:29 AM
Gun Nut

Oh no, I knew you were referring to your wife, I was just letting you know I can relate.
A chip is the main thing that will make the biggest difference - just make sure you have the gauges if you ever decide to go that route. Some of us on here push it too far but we won't get into that discussion here. As far as the tires go if you haven't checked out my burnout video you ought to - it's something I wouldn't recommend - THAT TREAD GOES QUICK, I couldn't imagine having to double it! LOL!!!!!
Old 08-25-2006, 12:09 PM
I don't know nuttin....

Yep, if i go with the xzilirader, i'll have the commander too. If i go with the edge juice, i'll have the attitude monitor too.
I'll know what my egts and boost pressure are.
I do have the original factory tires with like 1/4 inch of tread still on them, i could put those back on just to burn em off them put my new tires back on!
Suppose that wouldn't be really worht the trouble....or maybe it would!
Old 08-25-2006, 12:49 PM
I don't know nuttin....

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rodslinger View Post
Oh no, I knew you were referring to your wife, I was just letting you know I can relate.
OH, I thought you really lived with your mother....
j/k, I thought we were on the same page but you just never know....
Old 08-25-2006, 12:54 PM
The Fat Mod

LOVE Burning Ricers:burnout :burnout :burnout Nice story too by the way.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Ford Powerstroke Diesel Forum forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.
Email Address:

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.