5.3l Chevy vs my 7.3l - Ford Powerstroke Diesel Forum
Kill Stories A place to share Hot Rodding lies...er we mean stories.

Powerstroke.org is the premier Diesel Truck Forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 02-19-2013, 06:29 AM
Premium Member

Feedback Score: 2 reviews
5.3l Chevy vs my 7.3l

Wondering who would win. My boss has a 2007 eclb Chevy 1500 2wd with the 5.3l v8. I have driven it and its pretty stout. Just not sure if im biased as to how my truck is or if mine is faster as i think it is. It does have 280,000 miles so its kinda worn. It's bone stock as the day it came off the lot.
I have been riding when he was boasting about it and he took it over 110 which is where mine shuts off. So I know top end he'd get me. But, with the mods in my sig, I'm pretty sure I could take him on a boosted launch.

It's gonna come down to a race at some point and I just wanna know what to expect. Have I got him?
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 02-19-2013, 08:01 PM

Feedback Score: 0 reviews
you got him know problem every 5.3 ive been in felt gutless aslong as you do a boosted launch and get em hooked up good you should smoke him light to light
Old 02-19-2013, 09:41 PM
Compression Ignition Addict

Send a message via MSN to Cj Ford Send a message via Yahoo to Cj Ford
tell him if his truck has any balls he will hook to a 4000lb trailer and you will do the same and then race each other .... LOL
Old 02-20-2013, 06:00 AM
Premium Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cj Ford View Post
tell him if his truck has any balls he will hook to a 4000lb trailer and you will do the same and then race each other .... LOL
Lol I got him one day on towing. We did a job where we busted up a concrete patio. We loaded his dual axle steel body trailer with concrete then I measured the distance between the ground and the hitch... He dropped something like 9 inches. Well we only did one load that day. The next day he had to go out to bid a job somewhere else so I said we'll I'll just go to the job and take the next load to the dump. When we took it on his truck we had to stay under 45 because the trailer was swaying and moving the truck, so he lectured me up and down (even though he knows I pull 40ft goosenecks sometimes with hay and tractors for my neighbor.) well, I loaded up, measured and sure enough that trailer lowered my truck 3 inches! I didn't even feel it behind my truck! The first load weighted close to 3500 while the second load was heavier at almost 4,000 lbs.
I gave him a lot of grief over that.

As I was coming back I pulled up at a light beside my dad in his 96 OBS PSD. I had the 18ft steel body dual axle empty behind me and he had no trailer. He boosted and I didn't and I walked away! Kinda expected that though....

Anyway... I just hoping I don't get embarrassed when my boss and I digest the chance to actually go at it....
Old 02-20-2013, 09:00 AM

I have a 5.3 Z71 Tahoe no mods other than dropped 2" around , and the powerstroke. The tahoe wont hold a candle to my current set-up. In stock form the tahoe will stay with if not leave the 7.3 Excursion i had. I want to say the tahoe hit 55mph while the Ex was still about 48-50mph. Just my experience from when i had my excursion in stock form.
Old 02-22-2013, 09:50 PM

i think it will be close. he might walk you...
Old 03-03-2013, 03:29 PM

guessing the 5.3 ain't stock, as stock it will shut off at 99MPh.

after selling my 03 chevy with the 5.3, and driving my 00 powerstroke. granted the chevy was not completely stock ( LT headers, custom tune and a CAI) it was much quicker than my bone stock stroker is.
Old 03-11-2013, 12:47 PM
Premium Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Underpowered View Post
guessing the 5.3 ain't stock, as stock it will shut off at 99MPh.

after selling my 03 chevy with the 5.3, and driving my 00 powerstroke. granted the chevy was not completely stock ( LT headers, custom tune and a CAI) it was much quicker than my bone stock stroker is.
The only thing he knows that has been done to it is dual exhausts.
Old 03-11-2013, 04:04 PM

to the best of my knowledge every chevy truck is limited to 99. i know my 03 was before the tune.
Old 03-12-2013, 03:17 AM

5.3l Chevy vs my 7.3l

If you do a 4x4 boosted launch, you should have him.

Sent from AutoGuide.com Free App
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Ford Powerstroke Diesel Forum forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.
Email Address:

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.