toyed with 03-04 cobra - Ford Powerstroke Diesel Forum
Kill Stories A place to share Hot Rodding lies...er we mean stories.

Powerstroke.org is the premier Diesel Truck Forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 02-18-2013, 04:17 PM
Compression Ignition Addict

Feedback Score: 0 reviews
Talking toyed with 03-04 cobra

Sitting in my truck at lunch in work parking lot. something yellow drives in front of me and i think nothing of it and then i hear a rumble. look up and wammm i see the big old COBRA on the bumper and was like ohh crap whos is that. didnt see the guy driving it. so im itching. asking if anyone knows who it is cause well i wanna run it. havent had a real race in my truck yet. so 330 comes along and i go outside and start the truck up and wait. finally he pulls out. windows are tinted real dark. still cant see who it is. so i follow out onto the road right behind him. he gets on it so i stay with him. truck has bout 300 lbs in the bed of scrap. well we pass everyone and come up to a red light. he moves over into right lane rolls down his window and starts asking what i have in my truck. My reply was just a diesel. come to find out its a new guy that i havent met yet. def gonna talk to him tomorrow. anyways i start brake boosting a little bit. bout 5 lbs since id have to get out and lock my hubs. he revs a bit and light goes green. i finally saw him window to window at about 65 and then we had to slow down as we were coming up on traffic. both of us had traction issues. im sure i had him by surprise tho. most people dont know about trucks where i work. they are slowly learning tho. ha as for his mods i know he had exhaust and i know it was whining really loud. possibly pullied. makes me want to get my car out. im starting to itch for more power.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 02-18-2013, 04:20 PM
Premium Member

Feedback Score: 1 reviews
The 03-04 cobras have the blown terminator in them. They are super quick.
Old 02-18-2013, 04:24 PM
MARSOC > Seals

Is your trans am a auto or manual?
Old 02-18-2013, 04:45 PM

im auto and yea i know all bout them. my buddy has an 04 with ported blower headers pully and so on. hes making like 500 at the wheels. havent played with him yet. and like i said both of us were spinning. it was only 40 over here.
Old 02-18-2013, 05:04 PM
MARSOC > Seals

Well good luck in the truck against it. Got a after market stall for the f-body?
Old 02-18-2013, 05:07 PM

ta is a 6 speed. gotta order clutch injectors and a fuel pump still. all work in progress. traded my first psd off for it. 99 cclb f350 big turbo and oil. just after i got the 08 it started to sit alot and ive had a trans am once before and was starting to itch for another car. it was a hard trade but it was worth it.
Old 02-19-2013, 06:34 AM
Premium Member

Feedback Score: 2 reviews
Hey, I killed one of the line with minimal mods on a 7.3..... But only because the guy floored it on a wet road and spun like crazy while my all terrains grabbed. Those cars are insane. But, 4x4 boosted you might get him red light to red light. Good luck!
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Ford Powerstroke Diesel Forum forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.
Email Address:

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.