dB Drags - Ford Powerstroke Diesel Forum
Kill Stories A place to share Hot Rodding lies...er we mean stories.

Powerstroke.org is the premier Diesel Truck Forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 08-20-2006, 06:53 PM
Compression Ignition Addict

Feedback Score: 0 reviews
dB Drags

I went to the Palm Beach Sport Compact Nationals today. They were having a spl drag (sound drag) so I entered my truck just to see how loud it was. I was the first one to go and on the first try I hit 139 the second try I hit 137.6 and the last time I hit 139.2. The I went in the stands to watch the rice burners burn their rice. I wen to to the truck to get some thing and stopped by the judges stand and guess what I won the class which was Modified 301-900 watts. WooooooHoooooooo go figure I only wanted to see how loud my system was and I ended up winning a little trophy. :uzi:
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 08-20-2006, 09:25 PM
PIPE HITTER

Sweet thats awesome. Good numbers too. I have a Lexus that I run in USAC-i events, I have a best of 148.3 on the dash. I went to sound Q late last year. That stuff is nearly as addictive as hot roddin'.

One of the co-owners in my company is a part owner of an audio shop here in town, so we get to playirst car with some cool stuff. My first career was car audio installation, in fact I still hold a 1st Class MECP. I don't get to do it much anymore, but man I sure do love getting in the middle of a system design and layout when the oppurtunity arises.

Again TJ congrats man, thats good stuff.
Old 09-07-2006, 09:29 AM

Congrads on your first stereo soundoff! I remember my first one way back in the day...

It sounds like you were doing USACi or MECA, not dBDrag. Where you allowed to open doors or windows? (Doing that gives you about 3dB or so over sealing up the vehicle.)

We own a '06 F250, but my dBDrag vehicle is a 1990 Toyota 4Runner running in street C! Metering legal (vehicle sealed up) its gotten as high as 155.6, but then again I have over 8kW rms too...hehe

You should really try dBDrag racing where you not only have to qualify, you then have to do head to head brackets and beat the guy in the other lane in under 30 seconds! Lemme tell you, THAT is 10x the adrenaline rush than just burping at the meter!

Anyhoo congrads on the 1st place!!!!
Old 09-07-2006, 06:57 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bumpin' Yota View Post
Congrads on your first stereo soundoff! I remember my first one way back in the day...

It sounds like you were doing USACi or MECA, not dBDrag. Where you allowed to open doors or windows? (Doing that gives you about 3dB or so over sealing up the vehicle.)
Yes it was USACi. And yes I was allowed to open the door.
Old 09-07-2006, 08:45 PM

none the less congrads and welcome to the fun that is spl competition...
Old 10-17-2006, 09:12 AM
Premium Member

Send a message via AIM to bigwes Send a message via Yahoo to bigwes
congrates on the win!....im in the process of taking the stereo outta my car and putting it in my truck. I have four autotek MX 12's with autotek MM 2000.1amp, components and amps all the way around, 150sqfeet of dynamat copy, battcap, 1.0farad cap with clarion 925vdx indash dvd....cant wait to swap it over, and see how loud it is in a supercab. hopefully the dual batteries and big alt. will help too.......USAC with stock headunit i did 153.3 which was the previous record in my class, since then ive moved up to 159.7 but now they have a new meter they just started using and it took me down to 151meca which still won all classes (no record set)at the last one i was at. good luck
Old 10-17-2006, 09:35 AM
Conservative and Proud

So was this a stereo comp or how loud is your rig??
Old 10-17-2006, 09:38 AM

I'd like to see where I'd shake out with what I have (which was alread installed on the truck when I bought it). With what I have, and the gigantic cabin and all that air I need to push I'd need a lot more to make some serious db's and I'm already deaf in one ear and don't need to push my luck, just want to see how good a job they did on my truck with what they used...

I remember installing the system on a friend of mine's tiny Toyota 4x2, regular cab; that took a whole lot of nothing to make some serious noise!

Matty
Old 10-17-2006, 09:52 AM

Send a message via AIM to shoit2ya Send a message via Yahoo to shoit2ya
It is amazing how the numbers have moved up in years. It seems like yesterday (1995) The crew from PJ's Autosound and Doug Smith knocked Mark Fakuda (from Rockford Fosgate) out of the top rank with 24 Pro Tech 15's and 9 Hi Fonics Colossus. And 2 years ago I built a civic for a guy using 2 Memphis MOJO 15's and 4 1000D's and he hit a 164.2 ( at a MECA, the biggest joke in car audio, event)ya know door open, in the floor board with your girlfriends top off, kinda show.
Old 10-17-2006, 09:54 AM

Send a message via AIM to shoit2ya Send a message via Yahoo to shoit2ya
lilred, I forgot to say congrats man!!!!!
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Ford Powerstroke Diesel Forum forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.
Email Address:

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.