First Diesel, First Kill(s) - Ford Powerstroke Diesel Forum
Kill Stories A place to share Hot Rodding lies...er we mean stories.

Powerstroke.org is the premier Diesel Truck Forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 01-10-2013, 10:10 AM

Feedback Score: 0 reviews
First Diesel, First Kill(s)

Hey guys, so I am new to diesels and new to fords, I used to own a GM gas truck. I have a 2002 7.3 with the homemade intake deal 4" turbo back straight pipe and a DP tuner with stock, 50hp tow, 80hp DD, and 120hp race tune. I usually tool around in the 80hp tune because my mileage nearly doubles on the highway...so last night i was driving home in the right lane (3 lane highway) with the cruise set at 60 and along comes a 24 valve cummins early 2000's was my guess by the extended cab doors. Anyway he had an exhaust and blew by me doing about 70. I caught up and noticed what looked like two younger kids driving it. so he moved over and i moved into the middle lane and once we got some open road we both hit it from about 65. I honestly gave it half throttle turbo spooled up and i burried the speedo pretty quick (first time truck has been above 90 mph, only owned it since sept '12) by the time i burried the speedo he was clearly visible in the rear view mirror with a cloud of soot coming from the tail pipe. I coasted back down to 65 (my exit was coming up) and he passes by at about 75...didn't think I would beat him that bad...he either had a GPS or a tuner on the dash couldn't tell. I gave him a head light flash and jumped off the highway...

My other kill was my roomates 05 LLY dmax (had an edge tuner but he pulled it off couple months back and a 5" cat back) Him and I were on our way home from work and we stopped at a light with two lanes that merged into one which then merged onto the highway and immediately we both spooled up, not sure what he left the line at but I left at about 1500 RPM and there was a lot of soot and tire spin (ground was wet) but i beat him pretty bad. we got home and he was like dude I had that thing pegged, i think i havve a clogged fuel filter (his check engine light has been on for a couple weeks now) i was pretty happy with that kill. I need to get my guages hooked up and hit the dyno so I know what this thing is making! Hoping for 300/600 to the wheels but realistically prolly 275/550 or so
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 01-10-2013, 10:28 AM
Compression Ignition Addict

Welcome to the .org and be safe out there!

Tim
Old 01-10-2013, 12:15 PM
Winning DUHHH

Good one on the dmax, he definitely has something wrong, you'd have been whipped

Sent from my iPhone using AutoGuide.com App
Old 01-10-2013, 12:19 PM
Compression Ignition Addict

Yeah I'd savor that LLY kill while you can lol

Nice kills though
Old 01-10-2013, 12:21 PM

Even in stock trim??? a stock LLY has 305/605 from the factory....he deff wasn't lighter because he had 750 lbs in the bed and I had about 500 in mine so weight was a little closer. But I have to be making close to if not more that what a stock lly makes with my mods right?
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Ford Powerstroke Diesel Forum forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.
Email Address:

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.