Another SD 7.3 and a Dirtymax.. - Ford Powerstroke Diesel Forum
Kill Stories A place to share Hot Rodding lies...er we mean stories.

Powerstroke.org is the premier Diesel Truck Forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 08-20-2012, 06:51 AM
CSP Resident Spooby

Feedback Score: 0 reviews
Another SD 7.3 and a Dirtymax..

So this past Saturday, me and the girl I've been seeing made a few laps in the stroker in old town to waste some time after we had got back from the mountains. For being the last Saturday night before college gets back in session, it was surprisingly quiet. But anyway, there was still a decent number of people cruising, so I waited for a few minutes in a parking lot, and joined in with the diesel group once they came around. There was only 4 or 5 of them, but it was better than nothing.

The SD was a 2000 7.3 6 speed that the guy claimed was all stock, although it was pretty quick. The other was a mid 2000's-ish Dirtymax, but I don't know what he had done to it. All I know is both of them asked me what I had done to my truck after I outran them. After that, no one else would line up with me

Not trying to sound c-o-c-k-y, but I think I had one of ( if not the) fastest trucks up there that night. The lil lady was having a helluva time, I don't know if she had ever ridden in a truck as quick as mine. She got a kick out of it when I pegged the speedometer on a back road on the way home too

Last edited by nine6stroker; 08-20-2012 at 06:55 AM.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 08-20-2012, 05:38 PM
Compression Ignition Addict

atta boyee!!! haha good to see they cant kill cruising completely in foco! though they sure are trying...
Old 08-20-2012, 07:27 PM
CSP Resident Spooby

I saw two cars getting towed, hopefully that's not what they've resorted to now when they pull you over I was watching my azz like a hawk, cause I hit almost 70 a few times, and that would probably get me a ticket straight to jail on that street! Thankfully, the lady had good eyes for the law as well. My radar detector also does a pretty good job. It has paid for itself wayyyy too many times to count now
Old 08-21-2012, 07:06 PM
Compression Ignition Addict

haha i was wondering if those actually do pay for themselves... lol theyve upped the patrols on it like crazy on friday and saturday nights... i heard a few weeks ago they put 10 cars on college and handed out 56 tickets in 2 hours...
Old 08-21-2012, 07:56 PM
CSP Resident Spooby

Quote:
Originally Posted by Red '97 View Post
haha i was wondering if those actually do pay for themselves... lol theyve upped the patrols on it like crazy on friday and saturday nights... i heard a few weeks ago they put 10 cars on college and handed out 56 tickets in 2 hours...
Ohh they do indeed. And mine is just a cheap Radioshack one at that! And thats nuts... I actually saw very few cops on Saturday, thankfully! Its tough to contain yourself sometimes when you have 350 ish horsepower on tap and a pretty little lady at your side

Sent from my DROID X2 using AutoGuide.com App
Old 08-21-2012, 08:03 PM
Premium Member

Man, I need to move. Nobody cruises in lafayette, IN anymore. A lot of people (Classic cars) use to hang out at burger king, but that is mostly imports now
Old 08-21-2012, 08:23 PM
CSP Resident Spooby

Yeah, the imports around here love to meet up at McDonalds. I'm not quite sure why there, but who knows...

Old 08-21-2012, 08:33 PM
Premium Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by nine6stroker View Post
Yeah, the imports around here love to meet up at McDonalds. I'm not quite sure why there, but who knows...

Cruising use to be BIG around here when my dad was in his 20s. They use to all meet at the mall (around 100 cars) then they got kicked out of there, and use an old county road. It had died off quickly.

I still cruise around, but usually just me and a buddy in my truck. Usually around the mall and campus. The roads blow around the mall and they are state roads.
Old 08-21-2012, 08:36 PM
Banned

Feedback Score: 10 reviews
Cause they can't afford to eat anything else after they spent all their money on the fart can exhaust lol.
Old 08-21-2012, 08:41 PM
CSP Resident Spooby

Quote:
Originally Posted by stroker0920 View Post
Cruising use to be BIG around here when my dad was in his 20s. They use to all meet at the mall (around 100 cars) then they got kicked out of there, and use an old county road. It had died off quickly.

I still cruise around, but usually just me and a buddy in my truck. Usually around the mall and campus. The roads blow around the mall and they are state roads.
That sucks. Cruising is still alive and well here, because it's a huge college town (CSU has like 24,000 students or something like that). But like red 97 said, the cops are trying real hard to put a stop to it!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tuscany View Post
Cause they can't afford to eat anything else after they spent all their money on the fart can exhaust lol.
ain't that the truth!

Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Ford Powerstroke Diesel Forum forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.
Email Address:

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.