Big debate - Ford Powerstroke Diesel Forum
Kill Stories A place to share Hot Rodding lies...er we mean stories.

Powerstroke.org is the premier Diesel Truck Forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 08-02-2012, 07:29 AM
Powerstroke.org Fanatic

Feedback Score: 0 reviews
Big debate

Ok so somebody close to me told me last weekend that I dont know what im doing with my truck and that if I knew what I was doing I would realize I could get 35 MPG out of my truck... He claimed his old boss was pushing 1000 hp and getting 35 MPG. He also claimed a buddy of his pulled 35,000 pounds 0-60 in 7 seconds.... I argued with him but he wouldn't let down.. So help me forum, I need links disproving this stuff. links showing its not possible to achieve either of these things. Ive tried looking up stuff but can't find much as far as 'world record' stuff goes... I want something I can email him leaving no doubt that he is wrong. Or maybe call my bluff, maybe im wrong?
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 08-02-2012, 07:57 AM
Compression Ignition Addict

dosent sound like he is even worth arguing with, if he already believes that stuff there is no help for him.(sell him some ocean front property in arizona) you could possibly make 1000hp or get good mileage not both, and i have never herd of a heavy duty truck of any kind getting that kind of mileage realisticly. maybe downhill on the lie o meter, but not hand calculated over a whole tank.
Old 08-02-2012, 08:02 AM
Premium Member

Feedback Score: 5 reviews

You can never get "facts" on MPG because everyone (that posts outstanding numbers) lies about it like they do about their pen**

How can we prove them wrong... Go cross counrty and drive with them for a week to get the tank empty to check...
Just tell him his old boss is smarter then him because he actually fell for his boss's prank and believed him about 1000hp...
Old 08-02-2012, 08:03 AM
Guns & Powerstroke's

you cant fix stupid just walk away no use bringing yourself to his level JMO
Old 08-02-2012, 08:42 AM
Powerstroke.org Fanatic

Maybe I'll just leave it be then. He just has that personality that he is ALWAYS right and id like to just bring him back to reality for a minute. He made me out to be the stupid one. Very frustrating but I'll try and put my big boy pants on and leave it be.
Old 08-02-2012, 09:05 AM
Super Moderator

Quote:
Originally Posted by Motormorgan View Post
Ok so somebody close to me told me last weekend that I dont know what im doing with my truck and that if I knew what I was doing I would realize I could get 35 MPG out of my truck... He claimed his old boss was pushing 1000 hp and getting 35 MPG. He also claimed a buddy of his pulled 35,000 pounds 0-60 in 7 seconds.... I argued with him but he wouldn't let down.. So help me forum, I need links disproving this stuff. links showing its not possible to achieve either of these things. Ive tried looking up stuff but can't find much as far as 'world record' stuff goes... I want something I can email him leaving no doubt that he is wrong. Or maybe call my bluff, maybe im wrong?
What does he drive? What kind of mileage does he get?

Funny how it seems like "I know somebody who" or "I know a guy who knows a guy that......" Where's THE GUY that actually has the 1000hp truck that pulls 35,000lbs 0-60 in 7 seconds?

Since he has the "I'm right" attitude, there is probably no reasoning with him. Do yourself a favor and just let him be. You'll drive yourself crazy. You might as well be bailing water out of a sinking boat with a food strainer.
Old 08-02-2012, 09:08 AM
Powerstroke.org Fanatic

He drives a 150 that's getting 13-17 mpg. Another aspect to the story is this guy is a relative, brother in law.. Dunno if he will let me drop it but Ill try. That's why I was hoping to find solid numbers so I don't have to hear about it every weekend for the next 3 years haha
Old 08-02-2012, 09:25 AM
Premium Member

Feedback Score: 4 reviews
This is totally true, my brother's wife's uncle's cousin's daughter's boyfriend's mom's sister's dog-walker talked to the guy once.
Old 08-02-2012, 09:26 AM
Premium Member

Feedback Score: 5 reviews
Just ask him to let you meet his "old" boss... I bet he drives a dodge with his mirror flipped up too huh

The mileage and pulling claim nobody can "really" prove so it's all on he said/she said.. can't prove him"wrong" (but he is)

BUT..... The 1000 Hp we can go somewhere with if you find out what he has done to the truck. (If he tells you the who the owner of the truck is)

That will be the only way to shut up some relatives cuz some just wont let it go.
Old 08-02-2012, 09:48 AM
The Silent Service

Put it like this, if an 8,000# truck could get 35mpg, why would they be selling Prius's that get 40mpg?

You'll never convience this fella his statements are ignorant. May as well let it go, however, if he does continue ask to meet his old boss and this mystical truck.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Ford Powerstroke Diesel Forum forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.
Email Address:

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.