Saw 2 cummins get spanked at the track yesterday... this ones good! - Ford Powerstroke Diesel Forum
Kill Stories A place to share Hot Rodding lies...er we mean stories.

Powerstroke.org is the premier Diesel Truck Forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 07-26-2012, 10:13 AM
Banned

Feedback Score: 0 reviews
Saw 2 cummins get spanked at the track yesterday... this ones good!

Alright guys funny story here. I've been a diesel guy for years, and abotu a year ago i got my cousin into diesels. He used to be a chevy fan, and wanted a duramax until he realized they use isuzu motors. That set him off and turned him away from chevy. At the time, I had a 12v cummins 5spd dually that I turned up. I let him test drive it, and he was hooked. He bought a dump bed cummins.

Well, he turned the cummins up and runs it real hot even w/out a load, and one day we swapped trucks for a few hours, so he was driving my lifted stock f250 w/ intake/exhaust and thats it, and I was driving his hot cummins. We would race around a little bit, and when I told him after that I had to floor his truck everywhere to keep up with him in my powerstroke, he wasn't too happy... even when just putting around town I had to floor it as he was leaving me behind. Since that day, he's been looking for a new powerstroke or a nice used one.

Yesterday we go to lancaster motor speedway. There's a silver 12v cummins, 5spd, big stacks, rolling smoke everywhere, and HUGE yellow ladder bars on both sides of the truck. Turns out, he knows the guy and its a pretty fast truck.

so we're wathing the races, and his buddies silver cummins pulls up. Rolling smoke everywhere, the drivers smiling, reving etc... and a honda lines up next to it.

... a stock older maroon Honda ridgeline.

So the tree strikes down and hits green. The Ridgeline got the jump on the guy.. my cousins waiting in anticipation for the cummins to finally spool it's turbo and disperse all of it's barelling smoke. Finally, it happens...

the maroon ridgeline crosses the finish line, and a few seconds later (we're talking a 1/8 mile track here...) the cummins comes across. I'm laughing, my cousin is crying.

Few minutes later, the same truck comes up to race again. I'd try making the story all suspenseful and sweet, but I wont. The cummins got his *** beat again.

the third story... a 24v 5spd cummins. It's got a 10" (literally...) stack coming out directly in front of his passenger side rear tire. Super nice looking truck. He's at the tree, barelling smoke also. reving up.. ready to go.

Alongside him comes a '99ish Jeep Cherokee. Stock. Well as much as I'd like to make this story exciting as well, I'll keep it short and sweet. The 24v cummins starts barelling smoke down the track, the gay *** stock cherokee puts the spank on the cummins big time.

This happens twice.. two races between these two. Cummins keeps losing. My cousin looked like he could walk over and grab his title to his cummins and sell it on the spot.

Hope you guys laugh nearly as much as i did when at the track.

Last edited by 85_305; 07-26-2012 at 10:26 AM.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 07-26-2012, 10:24 AM
Serving Our Country!

It put a smile on my face. Thanks for sharing lol
Old 07-26-2012, 10:28 AM
Banned

I thought it was hilarious because there were a few cummins guys around saying how nasty cummins are and how they are gonna smoke everything they run, and I just laughed at them and said maybe next time they'll get a real truck like a ford.
Old 07-26-2012, 10:31 AM
Premium Member

Feedback Score: 5 reviews

thats awesome!!!
Old 07-26-2012, 10:38 AM
Compression Ignition Addict

I love hearing how cummins and duramax get smoked all the time
Old 07-26-2012, 10:41 AM
Banned

duramax can be straight FAST (because they are gutted out light-weights, of course..)

I also saw a long bed single cab 7.3 OBS powerstroke run against a duramax that was girl driven and the 7.3 surprisingly held the dmax off until the very end of the track. I couldn't believe it.
Old 07-26-2012, 11:11 AM
Powerstroke.org Fanatic

I get the whole thrill of feeling the power when you mash the throttle and all but what I don't get is taking these pigs to a track and thinking you are going to beat a car that is 1/4 to 1/3 the weight of your hog. I mean, its cool and all to have a fast truck but how many fast cars do you actually smoke? My guess would be few to none. If that's the case then is it thrilling to race a stock ricer with a fart can on the back? I read recently about somebody's truck running a 12-9 and I'm guessing that is a 1/4 mile run which is pretty damn respectable. How many have a truck that is actually that capable? Maybe I'm just turning in to an old curmudgeon. I have only ever used my truck to haul, tow and and get me off the pavement.
Sent from my EVO using AutoGuide.Com Free App
Old 07-26-2012, 11:17 AM
Banned

I sure the hell dont race my truck.. but both of those cummins were racing suv's. There were some pretty darn quick trucks, but I'm more interested in how well a truck can tow not how fast it is.
Old 07-26-2012, 04:07 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by StoneGuy View Post
I get the whole thrill of feeling the power when you mash the throttle and all but what I don't get is taking these pigs to a track and thinking you are going to beat a car that is 1/4 to 1/3 the weight of your hog. I mean, its cool and all to have a fast truck but how many fast cars do you actually smoke? My guess would be few to none. If that's the case then is it thrilling to race a stock ricer with a fart can on the back? I read recently about somebody's truck running a 12-9 and I'm guessing that is a 1/4 mile run which is pretty damn respectable. How many have a truck that is actually that capable? Maybe I'm just turning in to an old curmudgeon. I have only ever used my truck to haul, tow and and get me off the pavement.
Sent from my EVO using AutoGuide.Com Free App
the thing is, the new hot rod world has become very accepting of turbodiesel pickups. they are downright capable, or some of them are. the 7.3s and older cummins take a bit to make power, but these things are new age hot rods and ppeople like them so much because they are capable of outrunning cars despite the weight. the 6.4s are absolute MONSTERS with a tune and exhaust and intake. duramaxes are very capable motors as well, and so are common rail cummins trucks. they are all capable of big power and huge torque and they really can hang with the cars and thats what the appeal is in running them at the track
Old 07-26-2012, 05:41 PM

A ccsb srw 6.4 (8000#+/-) can run right around a 13-13.3 sec 1/4 mile with basic mods and a good program. That's sports car fast. Get a reg cab and you can probably break under 13. they are seeing trucks put down 600hp at the wheels on dynos.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Ford Powerstroke Diesel Forum forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.
Email Address:

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.