Hyundai Genesis 2.0T - Ford Powerstroke Diesel Forum
Kill Stories A place to share Hot Rodding lies...er we mean stories.

Powerstroke.org is the premier Diesel Truck Forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 07-17-2012, 09:52 PM
Compression Ignition Addict

Feedback Score: 0 reviews
Hyundai Genesis 2.0T

I finally get to post in here! The first time I had run a hyundai genesis it was completely worked over. Body kit, custom paint, exhaust, and im sure much more. He gave me the go from a 30-35 roll. It didn't take him long before he caught up and flew past me. I was very surprised that he walked me THAT bad.

Fast forward to the other day and I saw another hyundai genesis 2.0 turbo. This one was stock so I was curious to see how it compared to the other one. I gave the truck some throttle going through an overpass to let him hear the exhaust note (i instigated it, but didnt blow smoke) and hoping he would know I wanted to play. We both caught the next light and I was hoping he would bite, but left it in 2wd. We rolled out from the light a little quick, but neither of us floored it yet. Both of us kept accelerating and then nailed it slightly after the intersection. I got the initial jump and had him at my back bumper. He didn't seem to be gaining initially... as we picked up speed I thought he had the edge and would start catching up, but the opposite happened. Slowly I noticed he dropped back until about one car length separated us. We both shut it down and he turned soon after.

I was very excited considering those are the only 2 races I've gotten in the last... I can't remember. Over a year or so
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 07-17-2012, 09:54 PM

surprised a hyundai is that quick... very surprised...
Old 07-17-2012, 10:13 PM

You're telling me! I looked it up. The 2013 model has 274hp/275tq and can run the 1/4 in low 14s. The older model puts out 210hp. I have no clue which one I raced the 2nd time... or the 1st time.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Ford Powerstroke Diesel Forum forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.
Email Address:

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.