Schooled a 24V Dodge - Ford Powerstroke Diesel Forum
Kill Stories A place to share Hot Rodding lies...er we mean stories.

Powerstroke.org is the premier Diesel Truck Forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 07-15-2012, 07:01 PM
Compression Ignition Addict

Feedback Score: 0 reviews
Schooled a 24V Dodge

A buddy and I were coming through a stretch of town the other night that runs 4 lane with a bunch of stop lights until it finally comes to a last light and rolls out into a 55mph highway, drops back to a 2 lane and runs north out of town. We were cruising along and a 98-02 model regular cab 2wd 24V Dodge 2500 comes weaving in and out of traffic rolling smoke out of his gargantuan single stack with the name of a local Cummins diesel shop plastered across his windshield in huge capital letters.

This guy got hung behind a car in the right lane and we buzzed past him in the left and I guess we had an understood agreement that it was on at the next stoplight, which happened to be the last one before this highway runs out of town.

We had a gentleman start, no boosting, no nothing. Nice slow rolling start across the intersection. I almost wasn't sure that he was going to try anything, but as soon as we got across the opposite stop light, he hits it hard and we take off. Once my turbo finally started spooling, I took off like a rocket. He was driving a standard because every time he would gain a little, he would fall back and grab a gear. He came close towards the end, but he had a left ear full of straight piped 6.0L in his ear as we were walking off from him. Ran about a truck length ahead of him until I hit 85-90 and I quit. Of course, in true Cummins fashion, he blew past me and then got over in my lane. We slowed down to the speed limit and he hung right in front of me until I hit my turn signal to take my exit and again, in true Cummins fashion, he pushed out a giant cloud of smoke from his oversized single stack right in front of me as he headed on north.

I didn't exactly just walk the dog on the guy, and for having a standard, he was pretty dang quick.

I call that a kill, I don't know about anyone else. He had his plate full until I quit while doing 35mph over the speed limit. Kind of cracks me up that he's got that performance shop's name plastered all over his windshield, and he got his stuff rocked by an old boy in a junky old 6.0L that has done all the modifications himself. Not to mention, a crew cab 4x4 at that. Guess that stack doesn't make a Dodge any faster.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 07-15-2012, 07:05 PM
CSP Resident Spooby

I've had a race very similar to that. Granted, I have an OBS and he had a 12 valve and it was only until about 60 mph, but very similar. Pretty close, but he fell back every time he had to shift. It seems as though the Dodge boys love to hate on the 6.0, so it sweet you showed him what's up
Old 07-15-2012, 07:08 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by nine6stroker View Post
I've had a race very similar to that. Granted, I have an OBS and he had a 12 valve and it was only until about 60 mph, but very similar. Pretty close, but he fell back every time he had to shift. It seems as though the Dodge boys love to hate on the 6.0, so it sweet you showed him what's up
I love that! I feel like if you're going to run around with a reputable Cummins performance shop's decal plastered across your windshield, you better have a pretty big stick with you if you're gonna tangle with any random dude in a diesel truck. My truck is pretty flashy with all my lights on it, so maybe it was assumed that I was a good target, but to be so c o c k y and then get hammered, I think I would be going home and peeling that decal off ASAP.
Old 07-15-2012, 07:14 PM
CSP Resident Spooby

I also had a race just like that the same night of the other one. It was an SD 7.3 with giant-azz ATS Diesel stickers on the doors and rear window. Ran with him just from about 30 to 60, and he barely, and I mean barely, outran me. I was expecting to get schooled, but this guy was obviously more show than go haha
Old 07-16-2012, 05:50 AM

^^^ ATS isnt really all its cracked up to be is it? and OP good kill, sounds like the dude was a sore loser haha
Old 07-16-2012, 07:30 AM
CSP Resident Spooby

IDK about ATS, I've heard a pretty decent amount of good stuff from them, but have also heard they have horrible customer service. A friend of mine just had an 800hp 5.9 cummins built by them, and it's a hell of a runner so who knows.

Sore losers are always funny
Old 07-16-2012, 12:35 PM
Powerstroke.org Fanatic

Feedback Score: 2 reviews
If it was a 98-02 it was only a 12v.just saying
Old 07-16-2012, 12:41 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by george g View Post
If it was a 98-02 it was only a 12v.just saying
Is that so?

Dodge Ram - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia
Old 07-16-2012, 12:42 PM
CSP Resident Spooby

The 24v came out in either '98 or 99... They went to common-rail injection in '03 IIRC.

Oops... you beat me to it!
Old 07-16-2012, 12:43 PM
Powerstroke.org Fanatic

Feedback Score: 2 reviews
The crd is what had me confused.my bad sorry
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Ford Powerstroke Diesel Forum forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.
Email Address:

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.