first kill of a diesel in my HD F150 - Ford Powerstroke Diesel Forum
Kill Stories A place to share Hot Rodding lies...er we mean stories.

Powerstroke.org is the premier Diesel Truck Forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 06-07-2012, 06:08 PM
Compression Ignition Addict

Feedback Score: 0 reviews
first kill of a diesel in my HD F150

So, I have had a few diesels in my day and did a lot of kills with them, other diesels, ricers, muscle cars ect....

well I am currently driving my 02 Harley Davidson f150 with a ported supercharger, 6lb lower pulley, Ported TB, exhaust, intake, fuel mods and custom tune from Amazon. Been driving it for a month since I sold my last diesel and pretty munch been minding my own business.

Well today, a 05 or so 6.0 F250 comes up next to me while driving 25 down a two lane long stretch of express way. Gauges, stack and sounding pretty good. I can tell he had at least an o3 turbo too, had that familiar whistle. anyways, guys motions lets go and jumps on it pretty good. I don't bite. well he slows down and lets me catch him. By now I have shifted out of OD and getting the boost steady in the charger. I pull up next to him and motion game on. dude counts down to 3 with his hand and off we go. Well for about the first 5 sec we are side by side but I start pulling on him pretty hard and before I know it I am a good 4-5 truck in front and back down. Guy pulls next to me and we slow down (no traffic at all) to 20 and he says way to go, first F150 to beat me. I shout whats your mods and he said, 03 turbo, EGR delete, stage 1 inj, fuel mods and built tranny. I shout who's tunes and he shouts Elite's... I laugh and say, thats your problem. So he says what is modded on your truck, that super charger is hella loud... I told him ported charger, 6lb lower, exhaust, intake and fuel mods with custom tune... we both give the ford owners wave and he turns off.

I am a huge diesel fan and will be looking to buy a 6.4 stroke next year and was really shocked to see my f150 pull so hard.. I figure the weight difference and all made us at least equal. I weigh 5500lbs and pulling right now 435hp to the wheel. I figured with his mods he might be a tad over 500 or so cause he was on a 4" lift and like 35's. What do you think he was at for HP.

I am not in no way bashing diesels in this thread, look at my post history and you will see I had a wicked 6.0 built with elite cam, heads, tunes, ATS Stage V built by Wade, fuel system, Hypermax 190cc inj, Non vgt industrial inj turbo and more and put down over 550hp with 40's... just telling a story all. My elite statement to the guy was personal since I had some customer service issues with them... but elites products were good to go.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Ford Powerstroke Diesel Forum forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.
Email Address:

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.