Americas deadliest car chases - Ford Powerstroke Diesel Forum
Kill Stories A place to share Hot Rodding lies...er we mean stories.

Powerstroke.org is the premier Diesel Truck Forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 05-07-2012, 10:31 PM
Powerstroke.org Fanatic

Feedback Score: 0 reviews
Americas deadliest car chases

So I didn't know where to post this but I figured this would be the best place. Can't sleep so I was watching one of those deadliest police chases and though it would be cool to see a fast *** tuned f250 in a chase. I don't know there would be much to stop em cept for a nasty wreck or a bullet to the tires. Theyd definatly have their work cut out for them especially if it had full bumpers and was just ramming left and right. It would be a bad situation. If anyone has seen a video like that id love to see it posted up, or if anyone on here is law enforcment id like to hear their story. Always remember though, you can't out run a radio haha.

Sent from my ADR6350 using AutoGuide.Com Free
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 05-08-2012, 06:20 AM
Compression Ignition Addict

Quote:
Originally Posted by troger11 View Post
So I didn't know where to post this but I figured this would be the best place. Can't sleep so I was watching one of those deadliest police chases and though it would be cool to see a fast *** tuned f250 in a chase. I don't know there would be much to stop em cept for a nasty wreck or a bullet to the tires. Theyd definatly have their work cut out for them especially if it had full bumpers and was just ramming left and right. It would be a bad situation. If anyone has seen a video like that id love to see it posted up, or if anyone on here is law enforcment id like to hear their story. Always remember though, you can't out run a radio haha.

Old 05-08-2012, 06:59 PM

ive thought the exact same thing. but a truck like that in the hands of the drunken idiots on those shows.... could get people killed fairly easily, lots of weight and power. almost everyone in thoses chases are either intoxicated or high or whatever when i watch them and they make enough of a mess in their cars. would definatly be cool to see though i suppose, could give cops trouble i would think
Old 05-08-2012, 07:03 PM
Powerstroke.org Fanatic

Yeah it would not be good and I would hate to see anyone hurt, but I think it sure would make for some good entertainment.

Old 05-09-2012, 04:21 AM

Kind of like the video they showed of the dude in the tank. It didn't stop until he hung himself up on a Jersey barrier. I saw one episode where a full sized Mercedes put a good hurting on a lot of vehicles.
Old 05-09-2012, 04:39 AM

In DFW a few years ago, a truck driver got truck jacked and the guy made her drive all over the place in little neighborhoods. Idfk why you would make someone go there, but he did.
Then they got out on the highway, made it all the way west of Ft Worth on lots of rims, and not many tires. At that point they weren't doing but 30MPH or so, but coulda kept going till the tanks ran dry. Well, Tx DPS brought out the big guns. Keep in mind, this was kinda during rush hour so of COURSE it's on camera from the helo. They got basically all of it. Well, to stop the truck, they brought out their very high powered rifles, and started shooting at the block. It took a while, but then finally it worked.
That's about the the "safest" I've seen. Slow speeds so basically all of the highway entrances were blocked off. It was cool when they started trying to blow a hole in the block. The officers were literally riding shotgun, and you could see the barrel out the window, and the recoil when they were firing.
Old 05-09-2012, 09:38 AM
Powerstroke.org Fanatic

That's awesome! I've never thought ab them just shooting the engine, or heck the radiator would put you out pretty quick too. Id like to see that video, I bet its pretty good. The tank chase was ridiculous! Luck no one got really injured during that chase, but it was awesome to see him just plow through a camper haha. They even said the tank was loaded but he never fired!!

Old 05-09-2012, 03:05 PM

- This is a different one. But @3:37, that guy has been at the range practicing.

I can't find the one I'm talking about.
Old 05-09-2012, 04:17 PM

The tank incident ended when the officer mounted the tank, opened the hatch and shot and killed the tank-jacker. He knew how to get in the tank because he was prior-service military (like the idiot that jacked the tank).

I guess my idea of "awesome" is dramatically different from some others...
Old 05-10-2012, 05:04 AM

Just because our trucks are big does not mean they are unstopable.

This was an extended cab long box. The driver did not survive his injuries so please be respectfull with your comments if you have any.

Published Photos - michiganfireground's Photos | SmugMug

Although this was not a high speed chase, the reality is this is how they would likely end up. Like Ronin said "I guess my idea of awsome is dramatically different from some others"
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Ford Powerstroke Diesel Forum forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.
Email Address:

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.