05 6.0 vs 05 6.6 - Ford Powerstroke Diesel Forum
Kill Stories A place to share Hot Rodding lies...er we mean stories.

Powerstroke.org is the premier Diesel Truck Forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 04-29-2012, 08:16 PM
Powerstroke.org Rookie

Feedback Score: 0 reviews
05 6.0 vs 05 6.6

so theres a kid at my school, whose mommy and daddy bought a duramax for, i got my truck handed down and 5k given to my dad, anyways, im heading into town on a 4 lane highway, and at a red light, i see this dark blue d-max pull up, didnt notice the driver but saw the body torque a little....it was on. threw her in 4hi and tow haul and revved to about 2k, green light pinned it and had him gone by 10 car lengths in about 1000ft. i had to slow because some guy pulled in front towing a boat, and i see him fly by me, flip me off, and swerve through traffic to look cool... next day in school he starts saying how he smoked me, explained and told him off, then told him to meet me on this old farm road... never showed up hahaha
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 04-30-2012, 04:30 AM
Compression Ignition Addict

The ones who get vehicles handed to them aren't always bad (my first/current truck was given to me), but usually they are.
Not gonna lie, I'm surprised you beat him so bad. What's done to yours?
Old 04-30-2012, 04:48 AM

Feedback Score: 4 reviews
You should edit your signature giving all your trucks details and mods so we know what you have when you tell stories or have questions.

I'm about to graduate high school, I got my 6.0 when I was 16, it was my dads, he got it new, I helped him pick it out at the dealer, never even thinking it could be mine one day. I gave my dad 10K (for a $25K at the time truck) and I pay for insurance, fuel, and anything else I want to do to my truck. I would say it's a pretty fair deal if you ask me
Old 04-30-2012, 06:53 PM
Powerstroke.org Rookie

ill be honest, its bone stock, other than the fact that i cut the exhaust off from the turbo down-pipe... im looking into a tuner, either the idp sct, or this quadzilla arednaline II on xtremediesel.com.. not quite sure yet.. need to research this quadzilla thing.
Old 04-30-2012, 06:58 PM

You're contemplating custom tunes and canned?

That's pretty good that you beat a Duramax. Strong suckers stock.
Old 04-30-2012, 07:04 PM

Feedback Score: 4 reviews
Why would you even contemplate the Quadzilla when everyone here is telling you to custom tune. If you don't have the cash save up and do it right the first time. If you don't you'll be kicking yourself in the a** whine your tranny takes a s*** because of the crappy tune your running. Plus a custom tune will give you a lot more power than any canned tune will.

We're only here to help, trust us we have in many cases learned the hard way. We know what we're talking about.
Old 04-30-2012, 07:13 PM
Powerstroke.org Rookie

just an option, i know the sct is the best and truck me, its still first on my list, just came across that quadzilla and looked interesting, 180hp and 235 torque from box seems promising, but i know its not all about numbers with these tunes and i know its definatly worth paying for the custom tune. i got a buddy of mine in my cdl class that works on small diesels and has worked on numerous 6 liters, hes up my *** about mine, getting me to tune it and such
Old 04-30-2012, 07:14 PM
Powerstroke.org Rookie

and i beleive without a doubt, that if you put a guy that knew the slightest bit about his truck and how to race, i probably wouldve gotten beat, but its too late for that
Old 05-01-2012, 03:57 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Stroker5435 View Post
and i beleive without a doubt, that if you put a guy that knew the slightest bit about his truck and how to race, i probably wouldve gotten beat, but its too late for that
I wasn't gonna burst your bubble too much . . . but you're right
Old 05-01-2012, 07:03 PM
Powerstroke.org Rookie

i know haha
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Ford Powerstroke Diesel Forum forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.
Email Address:

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.