So Much For The Tundra. - Ford Powerstroke Diesel Forum
Kill Stories A place to share Hot Rodding lies...er we mean stories.

Powerstroke.org is the premier Diesel Truck Forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 09-26-2007, 08:19 AM
Compression Ignition Addict

Feedback Score: 0 reviews
So Much For The Tundra.

Since my normal kill posts are humorous instead of an actual kill I thought I would post yesterday's experience.

I left work and got onto the main road near work. There was a Tundra behind me at the light as we turned. It was an extended cab of the 4.7 ilk....

I got up to the next light (which is always red when I get there) and sure enough I guess he decided that big ole' Ford just wasn't going to be fast enough for him to follow so he moved into the lane next to me ... I wasn't sure if he was going to be moving out or not so just in case I spooled up a little bit but not enough to break the tires loose on launch... The light changed and I just kinda rolled on it which in itself was enough to put him back a half a truck length (or two thirds of a Toyota pickup length )... Because of his custom exhaust setup I could hear he was all over it so I finished pushing it to the floor... By the time I caught 4th he was 4 lengths behind...

Too bad he turned off shortly after as I would have said "you best either get a new 5.7 or go whole hog for a diesel truck" .... I probably would've let him in on my secret too - - "mines bone stock"....

Ken....
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 09-26-2007, 09:11 AM
<--Pro Cooler Racer

Send a message via Skype™ to DKR
Nice kill...I have heard stories about the bigger engine Tundras.
Old 09-26-2007, 09:28 AM
Thats Mr. Oil Leak.....

Send a message via AIM to MrJohnWayne Send a message via MSN to MrJohnWayne Send a message via Yahoo to MrJohnWayne
Nice kill!
Old 09-26-2007, 11:16 AM

nice! i had a run in with a tundra ealier this week, we were just playing follow the leader, couldnt keep up for nuthin. i didnt get a chance to ask how my diesel smells but i would imagine he was a little upset.
Old 09-26-2007, 11:28 AM
Banned

It's easy to pick on a 4.7 but don't mess with the new 5.7! At least not with a stock 6er.
Old 09-26-2007, 11:29 AM
International Threat

Feedback Score: 1 reviews
Quote:
Originally Posted by jwsland View Post
nice! i had a run in with a tundra ealier this week, we were just playing follow the leader, couldnt keep up for nuthin. i didnt get a chance to ask how my diesel smells but i would imagine he was a little upset.
lol now that's funny!

Heat - makes you feel good doesn't it!
Old 09-27-2007, 09:03 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by 720Deere View Post
It's easy to pick on a 4.7 but don't mess with the new 5.7! At least not with a stock 6er.
I would bet you are correct... It's got lots of HP and decent torque (for a gasser anyway) and it's in a truck that is substantially lighter then the SDs... I'm sure it's a pretty quick package... Can't say I'm sold on their new body design but then too it's taken me awhile to get used to the 2008 SDs (not quite sure yet even now)...

Ken....
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Ford Powerstroke Diesel Forum forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.
Email Address:

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.