Thought it was fun at the time, but the cop killed me!!! - Ford Powerstroke Diesel Forum
Kill Stories A place to share Hot Rodding lies...er we mean stories.

Powerstroke.org is the premier Diesel Truck Forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 09-19-2007, 11:52 PM
Compression Ignition Addict

Feedback Score: 0 reviews
Send a message via MSN to 03-6.0PSD
Thought it was fun at the time, but the cop killed me!!!

I was heading home a few weeks ago and there is a two lane with a merge into one lane. I take off from the light with my friend behind me and try to get past a slower moving F-150 before the merge. but I didnt make it. it was dark out and heading up a long hill. I decided to not touch my brakes and just go around and pass him. well where I pass him its a double solid line. NO PASSING! or so the driving book states lol... those are just guide lines lol.

I pass the F-150 get to the top of the hill and notice head lights on the side of the road. my gut turned and I felt as if that was a cop sitting there. look down at my speedo and its reading 125 km/h. Red and blue start flashing. I instantly pull over. I knew I did wrong. however my adrenline was pumping so hard I hard that "just keep going" voice in my head. But no theres no point, hes in a car, and it only makes things worse. I shut my truck off before he pulls in behind me. I didnt want him to hear my exhaust, even through Im sure he heard it roaring up the hill. he parks behind me. I got my liesence and regi out for him in advance. I understand cops dont like when people start reaching in places. they never know what someone could pull out.

He comes to the window. " Dont you think 125 was a bit fast for the 60 zone? (KM/H) I looked at him and said yeah it was fast. he says "I will be right back".

Now hear in canada tickets start at $150 and go up. well thats for 10km/h over the posted limit. 20km/h is $196 and 30km/h over is considered excessive speed, and will run you about $600 per 30km/h over.

Im sitting there going S*** thats $1200 right there. 65km/h over. Im done. Hes going to impound my truck, take my liesence, Its over. not to mention I passed on the double solid line right before. he must have seen that.

He walks back to my truck, and says "Now you know what I really should be doing right?" I said yeah I know whats going to happen. "Well Im not going to do what I should be doing. I understand your a young guy with a big motor and fancy truck. W all speed, I do myself. But please dont make it so obvious next time. tone it down alittle". What im going to do is charge you for 20km/h over and it will only be 196, or 25 off that if paid in 30 days. my mouth dropped. I said " Thank you so much, You have no idea how much I appreciate you right you". He says " Well get outta here now before I change my mind!"

I was in shock, and blown away he didnt take me for more. I guess being that the roads were empty had to do with it. and Im sure the guy in the F-150 got a good laugh at me when he went past and saw the cops behind me.

now for my friend, he was actualy thinking that night. He is on what they call the graduated liesencing program for another few months with his N or Newdriver sign. They have a 0 tolerance for speeding, DUI, and more then one person in the car with you.

He was thinking about passing the guy to but decided not to, and a good thing because by the time he would have the cop would have seen him do it to. and then its game over for his driving for 3 months on the first ticket.

But all in all, I learnt a lesson and so did my wallet and that could have been worse. it was also stupid and an idiot thing to do. so now I need to invest in radar dectors, but I need to find one that works before the cops sees me and not after the cop sees me. lol and I dont want a jammer.

Live and Learn I guess.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 09-20-2007, 01:45 AM
Strokin' In Dixie-Land

You were lucky this time!
Old 09-20-2007, 02:57 AM
Super Moderator

Send a message via AIM to Rob Send a message via MSN to Rob Send a message via Skype™ to Rob
you got lucky, it could have been worse but you already know that! glad it wasnt. i wouldnt go for the radar detector, it will just tempt you to do it again and go even faster in the future. next time it may be alot worse, maybe even an accident. be safe bud!!
Old 09-20-2007, 03:57 AM

wow you got lucky. we all do stupid things from time to time
Old 09-20-2007, 04:20 AM
Still Alive

Send a message via Skype™ to westcoaststrokin
Quote:
Originally Posted by Rwalker29 View Post
you got lucky, it could have been worse but you already know that! glad it wasnt. i wouldnt go for the radar detector, it will just tempt you to do it again and go even faster in the future. next time it may be alot worse, maybe even an accident. be safe bud!!
I had a radar detector and got more tickets with it on than when it was off.
Old 09-20-2007, 07:21 AM
Is it even worth it???

Send a message via AIM to ABOBB Send a message via Yahoo to ABOBB
Wow.. that was good of him to give you a break.

I know very well how tempting it is to just turn your truck loose. I'm fortunate that I have a close reminder of what happens when you don't pay attention to the speed limits. My boss is in regular jeopardy of loosing his license.
Old 09-20-2007, 08:06 AM
Member/MARINE

Send a message via Yahoo to rajharley
Quote:
Originally Posted by westcoaststrokin View Post
I had a radar detector and got more tickets with it on than when it was off.
I have not used my radar detector in years. I should probably just toss it cause it is so old that they probably use technology now that it won't even detect. Anyway...westcoast you are right. I have not had a ticket since putting the detector on the shelf in the garage. On long trips I use the CB though to find out from the truckers where the cops are. But it is good for avoiding traffic jams and other stuff too.

Be safe bud. Maybe this was your wake up call to slow it down a bit. I have the need for speed too. It is just fading a little year by year as I get older.
Old 09-20-2007, 08:17 AM

Send a message via MSN to Cj Ford Send a message via Yahoo to Cj Ford
you got off lucky .. you already know that though.. I got popped doin 118 in a 80 was a $288 ticket and I lost 4 points on my licence.. I was in my 79 F150.... btw I was 18 then that was 15 years ago... havent got a ticket since
Old 09-20-2007, 08:40 AM
COLLEGE KID

Send a message via AIM to lifewitlooie
Isnt that far over the speed limit a felony? lol Good job gettin out of that. Lesson learned! I got caught once 2!! Never again
Old 09-20-2007, 09:05 AM
Serving Our Country!

The Grace of God is a Beautiful Thing........................

I'm afraid LUCK had nothing to do with it...................you were covered by His grace and mercy. You see, Grace allows good things even when we don't deserve them; Mercy prevents punishment even though we do deserve it.
I'm awfully glad that you received the Godly "combo"............it's was truly a beautiful thing..............especially at 125km/hr

Jerry
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Ford Powerstroke Diesel Forum forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.
Email Address:

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.