Guy almost killed a kid - Ford Powerstroke Diesel Forum
Kill Stories A place to share Hot Rodding lies...er we mean stories.

Powerstroke.org is the premier Diesel Truck Forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 09-17-2007, 11:55 PM
Compression Ignition Addict

Feedback Score: 0 reviews
Send a message via AIM to ~CrazyDiesel~ Send a message via MSN to ~CrazyDiesel~ Send a message via Yahoo to ~CrazyDiesel~
Guy almost killed a kid

OK,

We went to the YMCA over in raleigh, and I let everyone off at the door, and i went to park. As I was finding a spot to park, I saw a Blue dually f-350 come into the parking lot, full of teens (all guys) I waved, and continued to look for a place to park, he waved back, but they sat there eying the truck for a sec. I didn't bother with them, it's a YMCA parking lot, not the place to screw around..

So, I didn't find anything on this end of the parking lot, so I had to turn around, and and as I'm coming back to where I saw the dually enter the parking lot, I hear him get on it a little somewhere else in the parking lot, and then pop out in front of me to the right of me. I was going to let him out, so I motioned, but he waved me on, so I waved, and I turned it to smoke mode, and briefly floored it (to about 10 mph and 1700 rpm) He thought it was on now! So he goes the opposite way, flooring it, smoking, and burning all 4 tires, trying to get me to follow him (me, not being in the mood, I watched, and chuckled how I used to be like that too) but he apparently was not paying attention. A group of about 8 year olds, about 5 or 6 with a couple of adults were walking across in front of him when he started doing his mess.

He slammed on brakes, but it was too late to stop, so he swerved and hit a bike rack on the sidewalk, smashing some parked bikes. They all piled out, looking around, and there were so many angry parents swarming around their truck, it wasn't even funny.

I felt bad for their prediciment, but, they need to learn that F-350s are not toys, and life is worth more than any old truck.

I honestly feel bad egging him on like I did with my smoke, in the parking lot. I probably should have let him follow me out of the parking lot, and then done it.

The funny thing is, I walked in about 30 seconds later, and my truck load (mom, aunt, uncle, and cousin) they thought I did all the squalling tires and everything, and I was being *****ED at so bad! By the staff inside, and my family. I explained that there was an f-350 that just so happened to sound like my truck, impaled on some bikes out there. I mean, his truck was str8 piped, so to the un-trained ear I'm sure the people inside, saw and heard me stomp it, and then they hear the SAME exhaust noise + squealling tires, etc. so they assumed I did it, until they all walked outside and saw the f-350 with the bikes under it. Those guys were looking so MEAN at me as I walked by too!
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 09-17-2007, 11:58 PM
COLLEGE KID

Send a message via AIM to lifewitlooie
Hey, it wasnt your fault they almost hit some people. Im sure it didnt help though. Hey, at least he knew better and hit the bicycles instead. lesson learned.
Old 09-18-2007, 12:01 AM

Feedback Score: 1 reviews
yep i memeber when i was dumb
Old 09-18-2007, 02:26 AM
Strokin' In Dixie-Land

This experiece for that driver is a 'wake-up' call. He will surely pay more attention to his surroundings now.
Glad nobady was injured .
Old 09-18-2007, 04:10 AM

Was at the Y yesterday with the wife and kids, don't take the truck though, smallest parking lot known to man. Honda Priuses fill up these spaces front to back and side to side. Just thank God nobody did get hit, then you'd feel really bad.
Old 09-18-2007, 04:15 AM
duct tape & zip ties

Send a message via Yahoo to bigcountrysg
I just wonder how he is going to explain to daddy all them scratches and little dents from hitting the bike rack happened to daddy's truck.

I am glad no one got hurt that we know of (speaking about the young driver of the F-350).
Old 09-18-2007, 04:20 AM
Banned

Bummer you got an ear full... but glad it wasn't needed! don't worry about your actions, each person is responsible for themselves! wouldn't be the first place i'd be trying to "blow smoke" though.. bummer about the Huffys

Last edited by 06TWO50Diesel; 09-18-2007 at 01:21 PM.
Old 09-18-2007, 11:23 AM
Banned

Send a message via MSN to Blue01F250 Send a message via Yahoo to Blue01F250
wow man - some people are just idiots! I pick and choose when to mess with someone and a full parking lot with little kids isn't one of those places!!!
Old 09-18-2007, 11:31 AM
one day at a time

Just glad nobody got hurt!
Old 09-18-2007, 11:46 AM
Conservative and Proud

Quote:
Originally Posted by Blue01F250 View Post
wow man - some people are just idiots! I pick and choose when to mess with someone and a full parking lot with little kids isn't one of those places!!!
DITTO!
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Ford Powerstroke Diesel Forum forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.
Email Address:

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.