Another 'fast' D-Max goes bye bye! - Ford Powerstroke Diesel Forum
Kill Stories A place to share Hot Rodding lies...er we mean stories.

Powerstroke.org is the premier Diesel Truck Forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 02-14-2012, 09:56 AM

Feedback Score: 0 reviews
Another 'fast' D-Max goes bye bye!

I posted this elsewhere but figured I'd repost here:

I WORKED some youngins last week in a tuned D-max. (05-07 I think) I had heard this truck was 'fast' though a friend of my daughters and I told him to let his friend know I was willing to play if he saw me. Sure enough a week or so later they see me. This truck came right up and was riding my a$$ extremely close, before I realized who it was. I clicked up to the Hot damn tune and gave him just a tiny poof. We were already going almost 40 in a 35, but about 1/4 up the road it goes into 4 lanes and 55 then 65. Just as the new lane started I put my blinker on to signal the lane change and I saw his poof and heard him get on it. When his front tire was even with my rear bumper I stomped on it! I was in (4th w/TCL) He just barely pulled even and I was pulling away until there was about a full car length gap between us. Due to a known speed trap up ahead we both slowed to acceptable speeds and are window to window. Once it was clear, I give them the nod and went on his movement about the same time ... I wasn't even close!! Being a Smart A$$ I waved bye bye to them as the ol lifted F-450 rolled on away with an old man driving and just a touch of smoke out the back. I put some distance on them (actually lots!) pretty quickly and slowed back to 'normal' speeds. When they pulled back up they both gave me the thumbs up waved eased on. Later this 'friend' said the D-Max owners version of this story a bit different. His was something like this: The first time he says that he got the jump on me and beat me on the bottom (remember I waited) and the second time he went into limp mode! I told this friend, to make sure my reply gets back to him: "LOL BUMMER! That must really suck!!"
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 02-14-2012, 10:39 AM
Compression Ignition Addict

I don't know what would be the more shameful way of telling everyone you got stomped by a Ford? That you just flat got walked or that your Duramax went into 'Limp Mode'? I think I would choose the first... Lol

Sent from my Autoguide iPhone app
Old 02-14-2012, 11:24 AM
Turbos = Witchcraft

Feedback Score: 3 reviews
Nice kill man! With the number of times these 'fast' duramaxes go into 'limp mode' it's a wonder those trucks can get anywhere
Old 02-14-2012, 07:13 PM

why chould teenagers get to have trucks that evem compete with 6.4s? that is if they didnt work for them.... whatever though, i wouldnt mess with a 6.4 an i dont know why those kids would wanna haha good kill
Old 02-15-2012, 06:09 AM

amen.........
Old 02-15-2012, 01:15 PM

Hey! Im 18 and have a 08' 6.4 but I work 70-80 hours a week to keep it. And most of the time I am out of town and don't even get to enjoy it. I also paid off my 96' f250. And them duramaxs ain't no joke. But they just can't keep up with a 6.4.
And good kill

Sent from my Desire HD using AutoGuide.Com Free
Old 02-15-2012, 03:35 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Y&R0864 View Post
Hey! Im 18 and have a 08' 6.4 but I work 70-80 hours a week to keep it. And most of the time I am out of town and don't even get to enjoy it. I also paid off my 96' f250. And them duramaxs ain't no joke. But they just can't keep up with a 6.4.
And good kill

my apologies and condolences then haha im 17 and struggling to pay for my 97. most of the kids i see with duramaxes around dont really even need trucks. this is obvious to me because theyve lifted them so high and spend so much money on rims that it is apparent though dont use their trucks for their intended purpose
Old 02-17-2012, 12:26 AM

Feedback Score: 1 reviews
Quote:
Originally Posted by Red '97 View Post
why chould teenagers get to have trucks that evem compete with 6.4s? that is if they didnt work for them.... whatever though, i wouldnt mess with a 6.4 an i dont know why those kids would wanna haha good kill
I totally agree with this one. There are a few exceptions of kids who actually work for their stuff but anymore parents buy their kids everything. A buddy of mines little brothers friend has a 2012 laramie cummins and he's 16. I just don't understand it. Luckily most of the ones around here have cummins with bully dog programmers so they aren't to bad to stomp.
Old 02-17-2012, 08:36 AM

haha ya i usually dont care if the kids got a cummins.... because the way teenagers are on their trucks, a dodge cant handle it. lol and theyre slow....
Old 02-17-2012, 06:24 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Y&R0864 View Post
And good kill

bite you're tongue on that statement
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Ford Powerstroke Diesel Forum forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.
Email Address:

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.